Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend a Radiator Brush?

• 16-05-2020 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi
    Can someone recommend a good radiator brush for cleaning the dust from the inside of the radiator. My radiators have a small grill on top (the last time I used a hanger and it was painstakingly slow!).
    Any ideas of a decent radiator brush and where I can buy one would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks,
    Slick.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭dok_golf

Take the grill off. It pops out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 258 ✭✭Wanderer19

Some of them rads have removable grills, for cleaning - have you tried?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭slick14

dok_golf wrote: »
    Take the grill off. It pops out.

yeah I did that before - I've radiators that you have to unscrew the side panels to get the top grill off. I don't mind taking of the grill - but I still need a brush to clean the inside holes?? not sure what the inside area is called.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,656 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

A bottle brush (for babies bottles) with a makeshift longer handle made by straightening a wire hanger.

Do it in late summer/autumn before you turn the heating on full blast again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭dok_golf

slick14 wrote: »
    yeah I did that before - I've radiators that you have to unscrew the side panels to get the top grill off. I don't mind taking of the grill - but I still need a brush to clean the inside holes?? not sure what the inside area is called.

Ah gotcha, you want to clean in between the baffles. Tricky i would imagine. If you have an electric air pump, it might be worth a shot giving it a blast of that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

slick14 wrote: »
    Amazon have some,

Advertisement