Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HGTV epg

• 16-05-2020 11:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭

I have HGTV tuned in on 11344 H 27500 but I don’t get any epg. The other channels on the transponder such as PBS America and Trace have epg. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭MenloPete

Yes - it looks like there is just no info broadcast for that channel on FTA. I don't know why just that one is missing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,616 ✭✭✭swoofer

I just tried it now on a duo2 with vix and it has full epg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Maz2016

swoofer wrote: »
    I just tried it now on a duo2 with vix and it has full epg.

That’s strange. I’ve done a rescan and all and still the same. Has been that way for a long time. Signal strength is excellent so not that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

Full EPG data on Freesat 166 and Sky 162, but when I added it manually to Other Channels on Sky, there's no EPG data, very strange alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 352 ✭✭dave98

That is very very strange. I am the same on my Ferguson Ariva. Full epg for the other channels but none for this channel.

• Advertisement

Thanks for going to all that trouble

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,902 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I don't know if its helpful to you but I get full EPG for HGTV on tvheadend with OpenTV-SkyUk epg grabber

if you can use that the code for HGTV is opentv-skyuk-2301: opentv-skyuk-2301 (OpenTV: Sky UK)

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭khumbu

Same issue on Starz music channel (11344V)

khumbu wrote: »
    Same issue on Starz music channel (11344V)

Yes your right! I knew there was another channel but couldn’t remember

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,042 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

I don't know if its helpful to you but I get full EPG for HGTV on tvheadend with OpenTV-SkyUk epg grabber

if you can use that the code for HGTV is opentv-skyuk-2301: opentv-skyuk-2301 (OpenTV: Sky UK)

What mux is that being drawn from?
    I notice my EPG data has a lot of missing info so I must have the wrong mux enabled. :(

EDIT:
    It had been set to Freesat EPG on 11425H but I was not getting any results for some reason.
    Changed to 11778V - the Sky EPG transponder and almost all filled in, including HGTV, for 7 days.

What mux is that being drawn from?
    I notice my EPG data has a lot of missing info so I must have the wrong mux enabled. :(

EDIT:
    It had been set to Freesat EPG on 11425H but I was not getting any results for some reason.
    Changed to 11778V - the Sky EPG transponder and almost all filled in, including HGTV, for 7 days.

Glad to see you got that sorted. 11425 and 11778 are the two that seem to populate my epg for me every time. Although TvHeadend continues on to scan every other mux for epg data for me, I'll leave it off because it'll keep me updated for new/changing services anyway.

I just noticed film4 & s4c still hadn't got a full epg, but playing 11778 in vlc for about 30 seconds fixed it. It might be worth setting up the mux scheduler to play both 11425 and 11778 for 1 minute each once a day.

Finally cancelled Sky and am using TVH full-time. It's a lot easier to sell the idea of watching TV on phones and laptops now to the others in the house than it was the few years ago, it used to be an alien concept but now pretty standard.

Glad to see you got that sorted. 11425 and 11778 are the two that seem to populate my epg for me every time. Although TvHeadend continues on to scan every other mux for epg data for me, I'll leave it off because it'll keep me updated for new/changing services anyway.

I just noticed film4 & s4c still hadn't got a full epg, but playing 11778 in vlc for about 30 seconds fixed it. It might be worth setting up the mux scheduler to play both 11425 and 11778 for 1 minute each once a day.

Finally cancelled Sky and am using TVH full-time. It's a lot easier to sell the idea of watching TV on phones and laptops now to the others in the house than it was the few years ago, it used to be an alien concept but now pretty standard.

I now have just a few enabled to get EPG (auto detected) ...
    11425H EIT:Grabber
    11778V EIT:Grabber
    12382.5H EIT:Grabber
    Saorview x 2 muxes EIT:Grabber

I have just 2 Grabber modules enabled ..... EIT and Sky

The EPG grabber channels show all of them using OpenTV:Sky UK

With so few muxes being scanned for EPG I intend to make a few extra cronjob times for scanning, to ensure they all keep updated.
    Just a little fine tuning required.

Yes I agree it is a much easier sell these days with most all the mobile devices easily capable of doing live TV. :)

I now have just a few enabled to get EPG (auto detected) ...
    11425H EIT:Grabber
    11778V EIT:Grabber
    12382.5H EIT:Grabber
    Saorview x 2 muxes EIT:Grabber

I have just 2 Grabber modules enabled ..... EIT and Sky

The EPG grabber channels show all of them using OpenTV:Sky UK

With so few muxes being scanned for EPG I intend to make a few extra cronjob times for scanning, to ensure they all keep updated.
    Just a little fine tuning required.

Yes I agree it is a much easier sell these days with most all the mobile devices easily capable of doing live TV. :)

I think you could change 12382.5H to 12382H https://www.lyngsat.com/muxes/Astra-2F_UK_12382-H.html

I had a few that were found like that, xxx.25 zzz.75 and I found that they caused incorrect epg data sporadically, and that seems to be done now that I manually corrected them to the numbers on lyngsat.

I need to get a second DVB-T stick. Just using one over SATIP from a laptop running Kodi at the TV, since I have a connection to the terrestrial aerial there. Having only one saorview mux at a time is pretty annoying.

I presumed that the .5 difference was due to some variations in processing IF or some such and really made no difference at all.
    It is a minuscule difference I think.

I have found that I needed to set 11778V as Force (auto) for it to be reliably EPG scanned by the cronjob and a setting of 2 mins seems to be sufficient to grab all 7 days programming.

Further tests to be done to confirm everything, but presently it seems to be correct.
    I must also check if that might be the only Satellite mux that needs to be scanned to fill all the channels.

This 'tweaking' has taken much longer than I expected ;)

Yes, definitely two DVB-T tuners are needed where there are multiple users.
    I use a HDHomerun device as Sat>IP for the two Saorview muxes. Much neater and easy manage.

Maz2016 wrote: »
    I have HGTV tuned in on 11344 H 27500 but I don’t get any epg. The other channels on the transponder such as PBS America and Trace have epg. Any suggestions?

This problem has now been fixed. Both HGTV and HGTV +1 carry EPG info

This problem has now been fixed. Both HGTV and HGTV +1 carry EPG info

Thanks for that , just checked and both working now.

Advertisement