Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork traffic

Options
  • 17-05-2020 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭

Moving to Cork for work shortly and looking for places to live. Anybody got any advice on what the rush hour commute(traffic) is like coming in from Blarney/Carrigohane directions, heading to Wilton? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

MicraBoy wrote: »
    Moving to Cork for work shortly and looking for places to live. Anybody got any advice on what the rush hour commute(traffic) is like coming in from Blarney/Carrigohane directions, heading to Wilton? Thanks!

Vvv heavy after 7.30 in the morning forget it, though there's a shortcut from the Straight road onto the model farm road, which leads to Denneheys x, turn right at the church and Wilton is dead ahead
    I'm quoting during school times

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

MicraBoy wrote: »

Vvv heavy after 7.30 in the morning forget it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Depends where you are coming from. I moved back to Cork 13 years ago after 15 years in dublin. Even the worst Cork traffic is a breeze compared to Dublin so I never minded it. If you have any flexibility at all in your job then working around traffic is easy. Even 15 mins either way will usually lead to avoiding it all.

Advertisement