Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insuring UK reg in Ireland

• 17-05-2020 8:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭

Hi there - I brought a UK car to Ireland in January but due to log book issues and now the coronavirus I couldn't register it. I got confirmation from revenue last week that once the VRT centres open I'm ok to register it (they're making an exception).

Anyways, the Irish insurance I had transferred to this car is set to expire next month and the insurance company 123.ie won't insure it if it's not registered eventhough the test centres are closed. Someone here said if I ring around, there are insurance companies who will insure it. Any ideas which insurance companies would do that or how I could purchase insurance until the nct centres open?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

I’m surprised 123 won’t insure it. They usually just state that they’re obliged to inform Revenue when it goes beyond 30 days in the state. Try Liberty. But I shouldn’t imagine you’ll have many problems finding a company to quote.

Advertisement