If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

surround sound setup

Options
  • 17-05-2020 8:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi, return customer (65" Hisense TV still going strong) wanting to make the move to surround sound. As moving from a stereo setup (LG FB-162), wondering if should build up to Atmos 5.1.2 setup (like links below) or consider any compelling soundbar alternatives (if exist?). Given the room I'll be putting it in I'm looking to get wireless rear speakers and upward facing Atmos speakers instead of ceiling. Hoping to keep it to around 800 pound. Any advice appreciated regarding what would give me a solid entry point to Atmos surround sound - thanks!

Receiver
    /p-203575-yamaha-rxa680-titanium-atmos-av-receiver.aspx?swapstore=1

Center
    ???

Front
    /p-201620-yamaha-nsf51-black-speakers-per-pair.aspx?swapstore=1

Atmos
    /p-13754-onkyo-skh410-clearance-black-dolby-atmos-speakers-per-pair.aspx

Rear
    2x /p-203532-yamaha-musiccast-20-black-voice-activated-smart-speaker.aspx?swapstore=1

Sub
    /p-202403-yamaha-nssw050-black-black-subwoofer.aspx

The URLs are all for your site, can't post the full links as a new member

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi, return customer (65" Hisense TV still going strong) wanting to make the move to surround sound. As moving from a stereo setup (LG FB-162), wondering if should build up to Atmos 5.1.2 setup (like links below) or consider any compelling soundbar alternatives (if exist?). Given the room I'll be putting it in I'm looking to get wireless rear speakers and upward facing Atmos speakers instead of ceiling. Hoping to keep it to around 800 pound. Any advice appreciated regarding what would give me a solid entry point to Atmos surround sound - thanks!

Receiver
    /p-203575-yamaha-rxa680-titanium-atmos-av-receiver.aspx?swapstore=1

Center
    ???

Front
    /p-201620-yamaha-nsf51-black-speakers-per-pair.aspx?swapstore=1

Atmos
    /p-13754-onkyo-skh410-clearance-black-dolby-atmos-speakers-per-pair.aspx

Rear
    2x /p-203532-yamaha-musiccast-20-black-voice-activated-smart-speaker.aspx?swapstore=1

Sub

The URLs are all for your site, can't post the full links as a new member
    Hi Rigor_Mortis,

Thanks for the post!

Unfortunately we have no stock of the RXA680 in titanium but I can get it for you in black! We are also sold out of the Onkyo SKH410 Atmos speakers and the closest I would have to them wold be the Dali Alteco C1 at £289:

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203058-dali-alteco-c1-black-surround-speakers-per-pair.aspx

The Yamaha NSF51 are great speakers for the money and the Misiccast 20s can be used as wireless rears with the Musiccast amp.

If you are looking for a recommendation for a centre speaker I would go for the Monitor Audio Bronze Centre which is down to £99 however we are very low in stock of these:

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-12909-monitor-audio-bronze-centre-black-single-centre-speaker.aspx

I think that would give you a great set up for Atmos!

The only soundbar i would recommend around that price would actually be the LG SL10Y. It's a stunning soundbar and gives a great representation of the Atmos sound! It currently retails at £899 and would be a great alternative but I think a wired system is definitely the way to go, especially with the RXA680 driving it!

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Rigor_Mortis

Hey David, any chance of a boards deal on the black Yamaha receiver, the two Yamaha musiccast 20s (hopefully price matched down to Amazon UK's 160 pound price) and ONKYO SKSHT588 Black speaker package?

Hey David, any chance of a boards deal on the black Yamaha receiver, the two Yamaha musiccast 20s (hopefully price matched down to Amazon UK's 160 pound price) and ONKYO SKSHT588 Black speaker package?
    Hi Rigor_Mortis,

Unfortunately we are completely out of stock of the Onkyo SKSHT588 speaker pack at the moment!

I could do you a price on the Focal Sib Evo 5.1.2 speaker pack, the Yamaha RXA680 in black and the Yamaha Musiccast 20 speakers for:

£1526 including delivery!

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

Hey David, that's more then I'm looking to spend at the minute.

I'm thinking I might wait on the Atmos and go for something like:

Receiver
    /p-203497-yamaha-rxa680-black-atmos-av-receiver.aspx

Center
    /p-12909-monitor-audio-bronze-centre-black-single-centre-speaker.aspx

Front
    /p-12901-monitor-audio-bronze-2-black-black-speakers-per-pair.aspx

Rear

Sub

+Cables?

Receiver

Center

Front

Rear

Sub

+Cables?

Hi David, hoping I can get the sub price matched down to amazons price too (110 pound) and get a quote in that package?

• Advertisement

Receiver

Center

Front

Rear

Sub

+Cables?

Hi David, hoping I can get the sub price matched down to amazons price too (110 pound) and get a quote in that package?
    Hi Rigor Mortis.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Here goes with pricing for you.

RXA680 - £449
    Bronze Centre (BLK) £95 - Is completely out of stock - We are chasing to see if any more will be arriving.
    Bronze 2 (BLK) - 160
    MusicCast 20 (BLK) - £149 each
    NSSW050 - £115 - ( When you go through the buying process on Amazon and make your address in the South Of Ireland it recalculates the VAT.

Speaker cable start at £1.19 per meter but we can offer it for £1.00 per meter:
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-900187-cambridge-audio-symphony-100-speaker-cable-per-metre.aspx

Total excluding cable would be £957 excluding cables.

The Monitor Audio are in stock int eh Walnut finish in they might be of interest to you.

Kenny.

I think having just one walnut speaker would drive me mad over time. Do you have this in stock?
    /p-203273-q-acoustics-3090ci-black-single-centre-speaker.aspx?swapstore=1

I think having just one walnut speaker would drive me mad over time. Do you have this in stock?
    /p-203273-q-acoustics-3090ci-black-single-centre-speaker.aspx?swapstore=1
    Hi Rigor Mortis.

You could also go for a Walnut pair of Bronze 2 as they are in stock too.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-12902-monitor-audio-bronze-2-walnut-walnut-speakers-per-pair.aspx

We do have the 3090Ci in stock but stock is getting low at the minute.
    Priced at £149

Let me know your thoughts.

Kenny.

Hey David, I like the sound of:
    RXA680
    Bronze Centre (walnut)
    Bronze 2 (walnut)
    MusicCast 20 (BLK) x2
    NSSW050
    And 10 meters of cable

Any chance of rounding it down to 950?

Hey David, I like the sound of:
    RXA680
    Bronze Centre (walnut)
    Bronze 2 (walnut)
    MusicCast 20 (BLK) x2
    NSSW050
    And 10 meters of cable

Any chance of rounding it down to 950?
    Hi Rigor Mortis.

Thanks for coming back to me.

You have twisted my arm and I can offer the deal at £950 delivered.

If you are happy to proceed drop me your contact number in a PM and I can give you a call for some details.

Thanks

Kenny.

• Advertisement

Hi Rigor Morits.

I must apologise.

It would seem that I only added in the MusicCast 20 in the £950 price.

To add the 2nd the total would be £1099.

Kenny.

Hi Rigor Morits.

I must apologise.

Kenny.

Actually hadn't been adding it up myself either, any chance of anything else off to help swallow that pill?

Hi Rigor Morits.

I must apologise.

Kenny.

Actually hadn't been adding it up myself either, any chance of anything else off to help swallow that pill?
    Hey Rigor Mortis.

I'll have a check and see if there is any further movement.

Kenny.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.