Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage drawdown and Maternity Leave

• 17-05-2020 8:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Morning all

Hope everyone is keeping safe.

Looking for some advice on mortgage drawdown while my wife is on maternity leave.

Can anyone advise what paperwork is acceptable as proof of maternity income.

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

Is your lender aware that your wife is on maternity leave. Since COVED19 lenders have introduced changes in their criteria so you need to check with your lender.

Basically you need to sign a declaration to say that your circumstances have not changed due to COVED19 and provide them with up to date payslips and bank statements.

If your wife is getting paid by her employer during maternity leave they will require a letter stating same confirm the date that she will return to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Blaa.boy

Hi Trish,

Just a question, are are approved a mortgage but by time of drawdown my partner will be on statoury maternity payment. She is returning to work and my wage is main earner by quite a bit. Her wages will only be affected by 100 /150 a week or so.

What way would bank assess this situation? As I know they ask for recent payslips and bank statements at drawdown.

Any help would be appreciated

Advertisement