Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If C***d -1* wasn't around, what would we be doing?

Options
  • 17-05-2020 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭

Taoiseach Michael Martin meeting Boris Johnson re Brexit
    Giving out about Ireland being eliminated at the semi finals of the Eurovision and eastern European countries voting for each other.
    Buying Wexford strawberries at the side of the road
    Moaning about waiting times for operations in the HSE
    Forever homes not being built quick enough
    Barbeques in action
    Stress for students preparing for the Leaving Certificate
    Flocking to Spain and Italy for holidays
    Worrying about a drought affecting water supply
    Shortage of workers as unemployment rates drop
    Asylum seekers not welcome in Bally****town

If it is any consolation, we still wouldn't have been happy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

why would you want to imagine life without C-19?

Massive increase in state control over our movements and incomes. Neighbours spying on eachother. Nightly broadcasts from the Ministry for Fear and Compliance.

It's a wet dream for some.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,413 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

why would you want to imagine life without C-19?

Massive increase in state control over our movements and incomes. Neighbours spying on eachother. Nightly broadcasts from the Ministry for Fear and Compliance.

It's a wet dream for some.

Well, that's a complete overreaction

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Well, that's a complete overreaction

I couldn't agree more

• Registered Users Posts: 28,171 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I'd be happy, probably hung over but happy. I'd grab some food from Julia's Lobster Truck and wash it down with fresh pints while watching the pretty ladies pass by.
    Only 1538 hours, 32 minutes and 8 seconds until i'm living the dream again

• Registered Users Posts: 10,659 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

I'd, right now, be at my grandson's christening and giving my children and grandchildren a hug as we enjoy a family day together. This pandemic is one of the saddest periods of our lives. If Covid -19 wasn't around we wouldn't be worrying constantly about the risks our sister or daughter face every day they go to work in the hospital. This is a b*****d of a thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,171 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    I'd, right now, be at my grandson's christening and giving my children and grandchildren a hug as we enjoy a family day together. This pandemic is one of the saddest periods of our lives. If Covid -19 wasn't around we wouldn't be worrying constantly about the risks our sister or daughter face every day they go to work in the hospital. This is a b*****d of a thing.

Stop worrying go see your grandson and family or get them to come to you, I've giving up trying to get my mum to cocoon, she's fed up with it even gave out to me for not bringing up the grandkids. She's more afraid of us than any of the grandchildren, both their grandmothers are the same now, neither give a flying feck when it comes to seeing their grandchildren.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

staying indoors and watching TV

• Registered Users Posts: 12,413 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

fryup wrote: »
    staying indoors and watching TV

Exactly. We're not been asked to storm the beaches of Normandy or retake Stalingrad. Just stay home and cop on.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Getting excited for me trip to America. *sigh*

This week I would have a hair appointment, nail appointment and waxing appointment and I’d probably make trips to clothes shops a few times.

This Friday I would have been packing a few different bags. 1st bag would have been for the hotel where my nephew would have got married. 2nd bag would have been for holiday abroad 2 days later.

• Advertisement

Children of the that Irish Rugby Player and GAA allstar camogie player would be strutting their jerseys on the street.
    The dad would point that advert stating "You're a great team player" outside filling stations to his GAA playing offspring.
    Meanwhile his other kid boasts about his own Vodafone brand phone: Vodafone are fully behind the Irish rugby team.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,703 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

With your censored title it's very hard to know if you are talking about covid 19 or one of the previous 18 covids

Boards Re-regs and "Whataboutery" buffoons would be focusing more on issues like Brexit, Sport, Politics and AH forums

Advertisement