Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC PIR Sensor

Options
  • 17-05-2020 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭

I have a HKC wired PIR sensor in a corner of hallway, I need to remove temporarily (not unwire it), to gain access to behind to check for another cable (non alarm). How do I go about taking it down?

Is it clipped on to a bracket or screwed in from inside the housing?

Will I just need my alarm code?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

Darando wrote: »
    I have a HKC wired PIR sensor in a corner of hallway, I need to remove temporarily (not unwire it), to gain access to behind to check for another cable (non alarm). How do I go about taking it down?

Is it clipped on to a bracket or screwed in from inside the housing?

Will I just need my alarm code?

Loosen screw on bottom of sensor, lid should open from the bottom.
    It will be screwed from inside. You should take pictures of connections in case anything comes apart while moving it.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Darando

Thanks! So no trigger inside like on the panel that requires me to get to the panel before all hell breaks loose in the house :)
    altor wrote: »
    Loosen screw on bottom of sensor, lid should open from the bottom.
    It will be screwed from inside. You should take pictures of connections in case anything comes apart while moving it.

Advertisement