Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green spots on glass of aquarium

• 17-05-2020 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭

I gave my goldfish peas yesterday. Today, the tank has these green spots on the glass. Is it pea remnants or something else? Do I need to clean it and if so how do I do that? Newbie to this. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,852 ✭✭✭Alkers

I gave my goldfish peas yesterday. Today, the tank has these green spots on the glass. Is it pea remnants or something else? Do I need to clean it and if so how do I do that? Newbie to this. Thanks

It's just algae, you can get a magnetic scraper that you move on the outside of the tank and the other half of it follows on the inside and scrapes it off. Just be careful you don't get any grit or stones trapped between the glass and the scraper or you can scratch the glass. You can also use a Stanley blade from the inside to scratch it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Salthillprom

Alkers wrote: »
    It's just algae, you can get a magnetic scraper that you move on the outside of the tank and the other half of it follows on the inside and scrapes it off. Just be careful you don't get any grit or stones trapped between the glass and the scraper or you can scratch the glass. You can also use a Stanley blade from the inside to scratch it off.
    Thanks very much. Is it safe to leave or do I have to remove it as I don't have a magnetic scraper and the pet shop isn't open today in town. Will it harm the fish? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,852 ✭✭✭Alkers

Thanks very much. Is it safe to leave or do I have to remove it as I don't have a magnetic scraper and the pet shop isn't open today in town. Will it harm the fish? Thanks

It's safe to leave, just another thing to keep on top of when keeping fish!

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Salthillprom

Alkers wrote: »
    It's safe to leave, just another thing to keep on top of when keeping fish!

Thanks very much for your help.

Advertisement