Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can you use expanding hose with power washer?

Options
  • 17-05-2020 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭

i have a 75 feet expanding hose that swells up when water is going through. can i hook it up to a power washer to use?
    thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,486 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

should be no issue on the low pressure side, if it's the feed into the power washer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭markc1184

I use them fairly regularly with my power washer and the only issue was of my own doing and caused a few pin hole leaks after I left the tap running for a while when the washer wasn't in use.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭crxsi09

markc1184 wrote: »
    I use them fairly regularly with my power washer and the only issue was of my own doing and caused a few pin hole leaks after I left the tap running for a while when the washer wasn't in use.

can you get an extension hose for the pressure side as im trying to stretch out towards the front of the house to use it. but im about 50 feet short to reach the front

• Registered Users Posts: 28,429 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Why not just extend the hose on the supply side and move the machine?

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭crxsi09

looksee wrote: »
    Why not just extend the hose on the supply side and move the machine?

ya i was thinking about that. i have the 75 foot expandable one but i would need another one roughly the same length to join onto the other expandable one to go the distance i need, and im not sure can you connect 2 expandable ones together?
    other than that i will have to buy a reel with a really long hose on it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭markc1184

crxsi09 wrote: »
    can you get an extension hose for the pressure side as im trying to stretch out towards the front of the house to use it. but im about 50 feet short to reach the front

I can't see an expanding hose working on the pressure side TBH, I'd say it would blow out pretty quick. With good quality connections I'm sure you could connect 2 hoses on the supply side but I've never tried myself. My 100ft hose reaches were I need.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

150ft or 50m of small 1/2" diameter supply hose will greatly restrict the amount of water the machine will be able to put out, in extreme cases it may actually cause cavitation of the pump.
    Most electric washers have small 8-13m long pressure hoses, as longer than that is problematic for flow.

Advertisement