Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tomato leaves purple

Options
  • 17-05-2020 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭

I just noticed this morning that two of the bottom leaves of my strongest tomato plant are turning purple on the undersides. Is this an indication of anything? It's gotten a few small dilute feeds of miracle gro fruit & veg concentrate and it's kept indoors on a south facing windowsill. I've more plants upstairs and they're ok. See attached photos of the leaves

Also as a separate question I repotted it about two maybe three weeks ago. How big a pot do they generally need. I'm tight on space so I'd like to keep them compact.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

It's a marmande tomato plant if that makes any odds

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Its a deficiency of phospherous or something like that a quick google search will have more on the subject. Tomato plants are heavy feeders. Ive a few like that but it doesnt bother me, they are flowering up nicely.

I just looked at your photos. Are you growing that indoors? The container looks too small for it to get any bigger.

Sorry just read your message properly i see its indoors. Tomatoes need a much bigger pot you want at least a six inch pot.

Advertisement