Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graphics Card and RAM upgrade

Options
  • 17-05-2020 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hello all, I put together a computer based on advice here some years ago, but I was thinking about upgrading the GPU, and maybe improving the RAM. I was playing Doom Eternal recently and I wasn't able to hit 60FPS on high setting anymore which is annoying, and I want it to be in good condition for stuff like Cyberpunk 2077. I have up to 500 Euro I can spend on both components, I can go beyond that if need be but I'd prefer to stay around that number, does anybody have any ideas of what I should go for?

Here is my current build:

Motherboard: Asus PRIME B350M-A Micro ATX AM4
    CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor
    Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-3000 Memory
    Video Card: Zotac - GeForce GTX 1060 3GB 3GB Mini Video Card
    Storage: SanDisk - Z400s 128GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
    Storage: Hitachi - Ultrastar 7K3000 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
    Power Supply: SeaSonic - 450W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply
    Case: Thermaltake Core V21

My current computer mostly works fine after I built it, but I'm still pretty ignorant about computers in general and haven't touched it much since it was built, so I don't know what would be the best stuff to add to this and if there are any obvious bottlenecks that won't be improved with a new card. Any advice in this area would be highly appreciated.

Comments

Advertisement