Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Not to sure which drill

• 17-05-2020 2:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have this drill at the moment and I am struggling to get it into my concrete walls I end up either breaking the drill bit in the wall or stripping the head of the drill bit, now my concrete walls are VERY soild it is a old 1950's council house. I am wondering would this do the job?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Sds is your best bet for drilling concrete. Half the battle is decent drill bits though. Cheap bits are as useful as a chocolate teapot.
    Take your time drilling and let the drill do the work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭Stigura

Steve; I'll see your VERY solid concrete, and raise you my pure, natural Stones the size of small Dogs! And my SDS drill Laughs through them! :eek:

I'd just ask if ye Need cordless, and such a pricey make as that? I mean; Ye working around ye home? There are plug sockets in the rooms?

Stigura wrote: »
    Steve; I'll see your VERY solid concrete, and raise you my pure, natural Stones the size of small Dogs! And my SDS drill Laughs through them! :eek:

I'd just ask if ye Need cordless, and such a pricey make as that? I mean; Ye working around ye home? There are plug sockets in the rooms?

Screwfix have a cheap corded SDS which will do the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭Stigura

Must admit, CC; I've about given up on buying names. Turning point was when a mate pointed me to a 'no name', under thirty quid, 'normal' drill, on SF.

I said; " Yeah, but, it won't last five minutes! " He just shrugged and said; " I've had mine six years now ..... " SOLD!!! :D

Must admit, CC; I've about given up on buying names. Turning point was when a mate pointed me to a 'no name', under thirty quid, 'normal' drill, on SF.

I said; " Yeah, but, it won't last five minutes! " He just shrugged and said; " I've had mine six years now ..... " SOLD!!! :D

I've a heavy duty sds corded from Aldi,have it years. It doesn't get a huge amount of use but never let me down when I needed it.
    I've an 18v Milwaukee cordless that gets used a lot for drilling into walls just to put up shelves etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭stevek93

Yes working about the house and outdoors a few times I had a headache trying to get the cable up to where I needed to drill when I was putting cameras at the top of the house for example, I don't mind paying a bit more I have the budget for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭stevek93

Thanks all.

Advertisement