Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two IPhones Synched??

Options
  • 17-05-2020 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    Firstly would not be great with technology so apologies in advance if I don’t explain this all problem all that clearly.
    Basically I had an iPhone 5s for ages but got cracked screen on it and battery life was shortening on it too.
    I bought a new IPhone 6 on bill pay with Vodafone and gave my old phone to OH as her Android phone was crappy.
    She got new screen for it and put her SIM card in.
    Phones would be beside each other on table in house etc.
    Problem is when people ring her phone...my phone rings as well as hers !!
    Also any messages I send and receive go to her phone as well.Any photos that people send to her phone or that she takes on her phone appear in my photos as well.

With Vodafone shops shut can I undo this problem myself?.......OH sister said it might be that for some reason both phones are synched to my iCloud account now or something.Its annoying as she is working from home and sometimes the kids answer my phone if it’s lying around and it’s a work call for the OH!

So would really appreciate ideas on how to sort this problem out.
    TIA.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭PaulT21

Hi folks,
    Firstly would not be great with technology so apologies in advance if I don’t explain this all problem all that clearly.
    Basically I had an iPhone 5s for ages but got cracked screen on it and battery life was shortening on it too.
    I bought a new IPhone 6 on bill pay with Vodafone and gave my old phone to OH as her Android phone was crappy.
    She got new screen for it and put her SIM card in.
    Phones would be beside each other on table in house etc.
    Problem is when people ring her phone...my phone rings as well as hers !!
    Also any messages I send and receive go to her phone as well.Any photos that people send to her phone or that she takes on her phone appear in my photos as well.

With Vodafone shops shut can I undo this problem myself?.......OH sister said it might be that for some reason both phones are synched to my iCloud account now or something.Its annoying as she is working from home and sometimes the kids answer my phone if it’s lying around and it’s a work call for the OH!

So would really appreciate ideas on how to sort this problem out.
    TIA.

Seems like you are still signed in on both phones. Go to Settings and you may see your name at top of screen. You may need to sign out of the 5s and Im not sure but your OH may have to set up her own Apple ID. Hope I am not sending you down the wrong path.:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Both phones are logged into the same Apple ID, so as far as Apple/the cloud is concerned both phones are used by the same person. You should have erased your old phone before giving it to your OH. You can still do this and get them to register/login using their own Apple ID.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Thanks for the replies....great that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Bit more info on the problem....its only my received messages that my OH can see...not ones I send.
    Also when my OH put in her sim card to iPhone 5s and it was setting up she lost all her phone numbers but all my numbers are still on it iykwim.

Now heres the weird bit- I looked at settings on both phones and its my wifes name at top on both phones.You would think if it was her apple account that both phones were synched to that her phone numbers would not have vanished?...maybe she pressed something wrong when she was installing the sim into my old phone?

Thanks for the replies....great that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Bit more info on the problem....its only my received messages that my OH can see...not ones I send.
    Also when my OH put in her sim card to iPhone 5s and it was setting up she lost all her phone numbers but all my numbers are still on it iykwim.

Now heres the weird bit- I looked at settings on both phones and its my wifes name at top on both phones.You would think if it was her apple account that both phones were synched to that her phone numbers would not have vanished?...maybe she pressed something wrong when she was installing the sim into my old phone?

Well I would start by signing your OH out of the phone that you are currently using and signing in to that using your own Apple ID.

See if that makes any difference! As for the numbers, they might have been stored either on the Sim or on iCloud so that might be the issue there. Look at the Contacts tab in settings to determine where the default account is and also t import Sim contacts

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

PaulT21 wrote: »
    Well I would start by signing your OH out of the phone that you are currently using and signing in to that using your own Apple ID.

See if that makes any difference! As for the numbers, they might have been stored either on the Sim or on iCloud so that might be the issue there. Look at the Contacts tab in settings to determine where the default account is and also t import Sim contacts

Thanks.....I have not tried to make any changes yet as OH is afraid I will mess up her phone:)..,..

Don’t quite get what you mean in second paragraph?.....’where the default account is t import Sim contacts’

• Advertisement

Thanks.....I have not tried to make any changes yet as OH is afraid I will mess up her phone:)..,..

Don’t quite get what you mean in second paragraph?.....’where the default account is t import Sim contacts’

Open up Settings, Scroll all the way down to contacts and open it.

At the bottom it may say Default Account - iCloud with the option to select Gmail also.

In Blue, there is the option to Import Sim Contacts

Her numbers may be stored on her SIM card rather than in iCloud. She could import them there from the SIM card

Advertisement