Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is open tomorrow???

Options
  • 17-05-2020 2:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭

Anyone know who is opening tomorrow eg currys, did, argos. No mention on any of there sites, very poor communication with these companys.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Anyone know who is opening tomorrow eg currys, did, argos. No mention on any of there sites, very poor communication with these companys.

Well construction sites once the work is outdoors. Which will magically become indoors tomorrow:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭nailer54321

it says I.T supplys, electrical stores etc but as of yet no mention on any of these smaller store opening which I would have taught would have fallen into this category.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

All three you mention have emailed me saying they are open (Argos only for shops with street level entrances)

Here how DID will operate
    DID Electrical

Customers going to DID Electrical on Monday will immediately notice something different at its 28 stores around the Republic, says managing director Ken Fox. Managers will greet them at the door to ask them what they want: they know whether or not the branch has it in stock.

If it is not there, people won’t be let in. Browsing is out, for now anyway. If the item is in stock, the customer will go in, collect, pay for the equipment and leave without dallying to look around on the way out.

“It will be a totally different experience for our customers,” Fox acknowledges. “There will be no browsing and no playing or handling the displays. And that is something we would have encouraged, letting people play around with the equipment, listen to it and so on.”

As with all other retailers, DID will have hand sanistisers. They will literally be the first thing anyone sees when they enter, along with the now ubiquitous perspex sneeze-screens. Floor markings, signs and posters will guide customers through the store.

Fox estimates that getting each outlet ready has cost more than €10,000. He notes that the cost of some necessary equipment rose sharply: face masks, now needed for staff, are selling at around €3 each. Some suppliers also sought payment upfront.

DID established a specific management team to oversee the reopening process while each store appointed a “Covid-19” official to ensure each did everything necessary ahead of re-opening.

“It’s what’s needed,” says Fox. “It’s probably going to be that way for the foreseeable future, maybe right up to Christmas.”

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/retail-and-services/customers-will-face-a-very-different-world-when-stores-reopen-1.4254769?mode=amp

Was checking on Argos site and you still can not reserve and collect, I would have taught this would come into it own in these times, any reason why you still can not reserve and collect?? could have a separate queue for this, would have taught this was a no brainer????

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Was checking on Argos site and you still can not reserve and collect, I would have taught this would come into it own in these times, any reason why you still can not reserve and collect?? could have a separate queue for this, would have taught this was a no brainer????

Ask Argos?

• Advertisement

I would if I could :)

The internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,103 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I assume all electrical stores are open. Harvey Norman is definitely opening. I'd imagine power city, Curry's, DID, etc will all be open. They are definitely allowed open from tomorrow

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Argos web site took for ever to catch up when this all kicked off, and I suspect they are now having to unwind what they put in place, and from talking to a counter member a while back, it's not a friendly system.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Simon201

Store check and reservation to pick up working now!

• Advertisement

Got my hair clippers this morning from argos, reserved and collected it first think, i'm not a lot lighter on top:) .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

You're doing a lot of teaching, and not a lot of thinking.

@Dogg Munde not sure what you mean by that, can you explain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

@Dogg Munde not sure what you mean by that, can you explain

I thought you would have been taught the difference.

@Dogg Munde your still talking in riddles, care to explane

Advertisement