Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aldi trimmer

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Remember that you will need a charger & ideally two batteries. I have the previous Gardenline one & it's a good little machine. It's a trimmer rather than a cutter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Yes this is great. Get the lawnmower too also excellent and works off the same 20/40v battety. I have both a year and would never go back to corded. I use it to cut ivy and privet.

Only issue i notice with the trimmer is the battery comes loose the odd time and i have to reinsert but its not often. Cuts aswell as my corded one and i dont have to worry about cutting the cord.
    Ill see if i have pics of the work they have done.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/LxGF5d8uiaaK6AmXA that's the hedge it cuts anyway and goes through it like butter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭rn

How long does it last before charging? How long to charge?

rn wrote: »
    How long does it last before charging? How long to charge?
    Ive never ran out of battery with the trimmer. With the lawnmower it cuts my 60 foot x 30 foot back garden and then the front and then the verge. If the grass is long it dies on the verge sometimes. I have a second battery so not an issue. At this time of year ive cut my front and bavk amd verge and my neighbours front and still had 2/3 bars on the battery.
    The charger is a fast charger anyway so once you have a second battery, it will charge up quicker than the other will run out. And the batteries get LOTS or use with all my other ferrex powertools and no sign of performance issues yet. I do plan on buying another 40volt when they are out soon but its more of an insurance thing because i have so many tools on the platform now i would cry if the batteries gave me trouble and i couldnt buy new ones.

• Advertisement

Full charge from flat in about a half hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Wanderer19

Does the trimmer include the battery pack? I was looking at the lawnmower earlier €99, but the package with the battery and charger was €155

Wanderer19 wrote: »
    Does the trimmer include the battery pack? I was looking at the lawnmower earlier €99, but the package with the battery and charger was €155
    no its all seperate. You invest in the batteries and charger then buy all the tools they work with. The tools are then cheaper because you have the batteries.
    I have 2 batteries, one charger. From that i run a lawnmower, hedge trimmer, strimmer, impact driver, cordless drill, reciprocating saw, circular saw, jigsaw, miltitool and a grinder. And probably some stuff ive forgotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,018 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

iamtony wrote: »
    no its all seperate. You invest in the batteries and charger then buy all the tools they work with. The tools are then cheaper because you have the batteries.
    I have 2 batteries, one charger. From that i run a lawnmower, hedge trimmer, strimmer, impact driver, cordless drill, reciprocating saw, circular saw, jigsaw, miltitool and a grinder. And probably some stuff ive forgotten.

Do you find the quality comparable with branded alternatives? I'd pick up a couple of things if they were decent enough quality.

Do you find the quality comparable with branded alternatives? I'd pick up a couple of things if they were decent enough quality.

Honestly yes. Ill give am example.
    I was using a 24mm spade bit to drill through 2*3 timber while building something and i stuck it im my dewalt drill and it stopped half way through and the battery was dead. I stuck the bit in the ferrex drill and it sailed through it.
    The only thing between the dewalt and ferrex is that the left right switch feels better in the dewalt. The materials used and the soft rubber etc. Are all the same. Trust me go for it, you wont regret it.
    Ive a nice tool collection thay cost about 500 and to buy the equivalent dewalt would be at least double, probable more, alot more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,018 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

iamtony wrote: »
    Honestly yes. Ill give am example.
    I was using a 24mm spade bit to drill through 2*3 timber while building something and i stuck it im my dewalt drill and it stopped half way through and the battery was dead. I stuck the bit in the ferrex drill and it sailed through it.
    The only thing between the dewalt and ferrex is that the left right switch feels better in the dewalt. The materials used and the soft rubber etc. Are all the same. Trust me go for it, you wont regret it.
    Ive a nice tool collection thay cost about 500 and to buy the equivalent dewalt would be at least double, probable more, alot more.

Thank you, guess I'll be queuing outside Aldi from early morning!

ETA: On Thursday obviously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭g6fdyotp5nj2l7

iamtony wrote:

Hi you seem like a good man to ask. I bought one of those ferrex impact drivers when they were in Aldi a couple of weeks ago.
    Only opened it earlier and the driver bit holder won't stay in the chuck properly it can be pulled out. What's happening is when the collar is released after putting the driver holder in it doesn't spring back fully.
    I'm thinking it's best take it back but wondered if there's anything obvious that could cause this. Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

Discodog wrote: »
    Remember that you will need a charger & ideally two batteries. I have the previous Gardenline one & it's a good little machine. It's a trimmer rather than a cutter.

Do you know how much the larger and batteries are?

Zak Flaps wrote:
    Do you know how much the larger and batteries are?

Charger is 20 euro. Batteries are 20 or 35 depending on which one you choose

Hi you seem like a good man to ask. I bought one of those ferrex impact drivers when they were in Aldi a couple of weeks ago.
    Only opened it earlier and the driver bit holder won't stay in the chuck properly it can be pulled out. What's happening is when the collar is released after putting the driver holder in it doesn't spring back fully.
    I'm thinking it's best take it back but wondered if there's anything obvious that could cause this. Thanks in advance.
    Sorry just seen this. Assuming you read instructions and are installing the bit correctly then ive no idea sorry. Its a shame, I use the impart driver daily abd its great, hopefully you can get a replacement.

iamtony wrote:
    Sorry just seen this. Assuming you read instructions and are installing the bit correctly then ive no idea sorry. Its a shame, I use the impart driver daily abd its great, hopefully you can get a replacement.

Thanks yeah I'm installing the bit the correct way. No chance of a replacement I'd say only get money back at this stage

Advertisement