Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"No Active Claims" on MyWelfare.ie

Options
  • 17-05-2020 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

This is concerning the mywelfare.ie site.

I am currently in receipt of Jobseeker's Allowance -- I logged in today on mywelfare.ie and to my surprise it says I have "no active claims."

Has this ever happened to anyone else? If they were to cancel my payment for some odd reason, wouldn't they notify me via email or post first?

I've emailed a couple places in hopes of receiving an answer, but figured I'd throw the question out there in the meantime just in case anyone else has experienced this.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

qp_db wrote: »
    This is concerning the mywelfare.ie site.

I am currently in receipt of Jobseeker's Allowance -- I logged in today on mywelfare.ie and to my surprise it says I have "no active claims."

Has this ever happened to anyone else? If they were to cancel my payment for some odd reason, wouldn't they notify me via email or post first?

I've emailed a couple places in hopes of receiving an answer, but figured I'd throw the question out there in the meantime just in case anyone else has experienced this.

Thanks in advance.
    Call your local office tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 qp_db

is_that_so wrote: »
    Call your local office tomorrow.

Will-do. They should be open tomorrow/able to receive calls, right? All I ever see is long lines down there lately when passing by. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

qp_db wrote: »
    Will-do. They should be open tomorrow/able to receive calls, right? All I ever see is long lines down there lately when passing by. Thanks.
    Yeah, and they seem to be answering the phone faster now. Emails get lost or forgotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

I thought an open claim meant an open request/application for payment?

Surely if you're in receipt of jobseekers allowance, your 'claim' was granted or successful and therefore is now closed.

Or do they refer to an active payment as a claim?

Advertisement