Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Will you fly/travel in the EU this year if it feels safe to do so? And to where?

• 17-05-2020 7:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭

I think, for the Irish, the EU may be our only choice this year and I'm hoping to head off around mid August or early September

It all really comes down to a few things for me really:

• How safe it is in the country I'm going to
    • If European health insurance covers Covid by then
    • How low the RO is in general in the EU by then
    • The cost of travel by then. Will it go up, down or stay roughly the same?
    That said, I'm thinking Greek islands and Eastern Europe. I don't "holiday" as such, I long term travel so if I could budget 2-3 months doing this and it's safe, I will

And you?

Will you travel this year? 605 votes

Yes, if it's reasonably safe, I'll travel in 2020
    64% 389 votes
    I'll wait till 2021
    23% 141 votes
    I won't travel until there's a vaccine
    12% 75 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,159 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I don't know where but when it's safe then yes I'm getting out of this country. This is the longest I've been in Ireland without a break in the last 20 years. Even a day trip somewhere but just to get on a plane and go somewhere would be liberating.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 135 ✭✭Cobalt17

I always spend the week before Christmas in Paris and I’m doing the same this year :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,159 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Cobalt17 wrote: »
    I always spend the week before Christmas in Paris and I’m doing the same this year :)

That will require France to relax the restrictions on non French citizens/residents entering the country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,572 ✭✭✭Micky 32

I go to family in the USA every 5/6 months for a week. I’m going to try and aim for next April to see how things are by then.

I also like going to France on the ferry to tour a bit of France, also the odd weekend over to Wales on the ferry for a Sunday drive through the Snowdonia mountains. I’d say we would be talking of next year to do any of those things though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

I had a week away in late January and was due to go to Amsterdam for a week in late April/early May (for the F1 GP) And I would probably have had another week away in Europe later in the year.

Had one work trip to the US in January and probably would have had at least 2 or 3 more in European cities for consulting work.

Now, I won’t be travelling anywhere (else) in 2020.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Now, I won’t be travelling anywhere in 2020.

By choice? Or work related?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 179 ✭✭Dylan94

The moment that the travel advice is lifted and I'm insured to travel I will be gone. Not yet sure where, I would imagine somewhere in Greece or the Canaries before going anywhere further.

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    By choice? Or work related?

By choice. I don’t like flying much before this, can’t imagine the experience will be much better with additional checks for temperate, more queues and delays etc. Then the risk of quarantine there or on return. Presumably flying will need to be more expensive as they will have fewer passengers per flight. Then what will things be like at the destination? Restrictions on public transport, restaurants, sightseeing etc.

Work won’t force any travel and probably won’t even consider any travel requests either internal or from clients. The client generally requests and pays (unless for internal company travel), I can’t see many clients wanting to put their own employees at risk by having us visit them etc. Particularly since onsite meetings with social distancing will be a pain and many of the client staff are likely to be WFH since office capacity will be reduced to enable social distancing in the office.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭johnire

I would absolutely love nothing more than to get on a plane and fly off somewhere but....
    what happens then when you get to your destination?
    I simply cannot envisage going through all that effort of getting somewhere and then having to socially distance for every minute of every day in unfamiliar surroundings.
    The whole idea-for me at least-is to go on holidays to experience the new surroundings of a new place. How on earth can you do that if public transportation is curtailed, museums and galleries limiting the number of people?
    No more popping into a bar or coffee shop. More than likely having to book a table in a restaurant which is probably only going to be less than half full. All in all to me the whole experience would be miserable.
    There would be zero spontaneity.
    I genuinely do not understand why people are so anxious to travel to for example France Spain Portugal or Italy. Surely you’d only be swapping one set of restrictions (here) for another set(there)? So I ask the question....what’s the point? In the process of getting there and being there you’re also increasing the chances of contracting the virus.
    It’s like someone from France or Italy saying today I can’t wait to travel to Ireland in July or August. Surely the immediate reaction to that would be....why would you want to....everything has been cancelled,restrictions are in place-there won’t even be any music in pubs.
    I’m due to travel to London in September and Faro in October and to the Christmas Markets in December but I’ve no intention of doing any of them.
    I’d genuinely really like to hear why people are prepared to travel given the circumstances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

johnire wrote: »
    I would absolutely love nothing more than to get on a plane and fly off somewhere but....
    what happens then when you get to your destination?
    I simply cannot envisage going through all that effort of getting somewhere and then having to socially distance for every minute of every day in unfamiliar surroundings.
    The whole idea-for me at least-is to go on holidays to experience the new surroundings of a new place. How on earth can you do that if public transportation is curtailed, museums and galleries limiting the number of people?
    No more popping into a bar or coffee shop. More than likely having to book a table in a restaurant which is probably only going to be less than half full. All in all to me the whole experience would be miserable.
    There would be zero spontaneity.
    I genuinely do not understand why people are so anxious to travel to for example France Spain Portugal or Italy. Surely you’d only be swapping one set of restrictions (here) for another set(there)? So I ask the question....what’s the point? In the process of getting there and being there you’re also increasing the chances of contracting the virus.
    It’s like someone from France or Italy saying today I can’t wait to travel to Ireland in July or August. Surely the immediate reaction to that would be....why would you want to....everything has been cancelled,restrictions are in place-there won’t even be any music in pubs.
    I’m due to travel to London in September and Faro in October and to the Christmas Markets in December but I’ve no intention of doing any of them.
    I’d genuinely really like to hear why people are prepared to travel given the circumstances.

Because for one thing the restrictions in Europe are far less than Ireland currently. Then you have the usual weather, value for money, break from routine and for some they just rather being abroad. Some of us don’t go abroad for music in pubs.i think you’ve said previously you wouldn’t travel without a vaccine in place so I think you’ve your mind more than made up. I’m preparing to live with it not hide from it tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

Caranica wrote: »
    I don't know where but when it's safe then yes I'm getting out of this country. This is the longest I've been in Ireland without a break in the last 20 years. Even a day trip somewhere but just to get on a plane and go somewhere would be liberating.
    I will be gone as soon as Ryanair have a decent schedule.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭billyhead

I intend travelling to Spain in September if the flight goes and you don't need to quarantine for 2 weeks. Life is too short to let a poxy virus dictate it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,283 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

A week in Spain booked for October. Really hoping to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭acequion

I have all my fingers and toes crossed that I might get to Spain some time in August. At the moment Spain are being very strict, but like everybody, I'm praying that numbers go down and there's no second wave and in that case I can't see Spain not allowing people in. I spend a lot of every summer in Spain and I just love the heat and the lifestyle there. That said, my life is quiet there as it is here so I wouldn't be hanging out in crowds.

I'm also hoping to get a second chance at a cancelled trip to the Algarve, maybe in late October.

So I'll be gone like a shot when restrictions ease. I would really hate being stuck here all summer. I love Ireland but hate the summers, especially where I live on the Atlantic coast..

The second wave is key here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Having had to cancel a trip to California over Easter, I'd honestly be delighted to have a few days somewhere in Ireland during summer. As much as I love travel, my travel bug has had the stuffing knocked out of it this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭recyclops

Hoping my flight in August to gran canaria is cancelled. Not spending three months here in lockdown being strict and doing what I can to help to mess it up for a week of sun. The world ain't going anywhere for now and hopefully a half year will give a bit more clarity as to the state of it all

I completely respect your opinion but it's not a simple matter of hiding from the virus.
    You can't hide from it-thats the problem!
    I'm not just talking about music in pubs-I was actually making that point in relation to people coming to Ireland for a holiday. And like it or not that is something that tourists coming to our beautiful country want to experience and now they won't be able to.
    As regards us -and more specifically myself- travelling abroad I just don't see how you're going to be able to enjoy the experience like we have up until recently?
    Most of us travel to experience the culture and lifestyle in a given country- how are you going to be able to do that with a hundred and one restrictions in place? How can you possibly plan a trip for example to Paris ? How are you going to know if you'll be able to get into the museums or galleries on the day you want to go? What about public transport. How can you possibly use a crowded metro? There are loads of different scenarios that I could come up with -I really don't think people are thinking about the actual logistics of what to do once you're in the location.
    Then the worst case scenario- if you do contract the virus abroad-what then?
    I've travelled the world and been to nearly 70 countries and I know from experience that it's nigh on impossible to do what I've done in the past with restrictions in place.
    It simply will not work.
    Because for one thing the restrictions in Europe are far less than Ireland currently. Then you have the usual weather, value for money, break from routine and for some they just rather being abroad. Some of us don’t go abroad for music in pubs.i think you’ve said previously you wouldn’t travel without a vaccine in place so I think you’ve your mind more than made up. I’m preparing to live with it not hide from it tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

I was in South America when it struck and had get home, I'm cautiously hopeful to spend Christmas in Brazil, the last two months have been the most depressing in my life. I am also looking closely at Italy, Montenegro and Slovenia for a sooner escape. I'd rather travel get the virus and die than be stuck in this godforsaken hellhole any longer. When your highlight of your week and life is browsing the weekly specials in Lidl and Aldi then things are gone bad.

I completely respect your opinion but it's not a simple matter of hiding from the virus.
    I'm not just talking about music in pubs-I was actually making that point in relation to people coming to Ireland for a holiday. And like it or not that is something that tourists coming to our beautiful country want to experience and now they won't be able to.
    As regards us -and more specifically myself- travelling abroad I just don't see how you're going to be able to enjoy the experience like we have up until recently?
    Most of us travel to experience the culture and lifestyle in a given country- how are you going to be able to do that with a hundred and one restrictions in place? How can you possibly plan a trip for example to Paris ? How are you going to know if you'll be able to get into the museums or galleries on the day you want to go? What about public transport. How can you possibly use a crowded metro? There are loads of different scenarios that I could come up with -I really don't think people are thinking about the actual logistics of what to do once you're in the location.
    I've travelled the world and been to nearly 70 countries and I know from experience that it's nigh on impossible to do what I've done in the past with restrictions in place.
    It simply will not work.

But johnire, in fairness the example of a city break isn't the best example. I think most would agree that a city break is just not worth the hassle at the moment.

But a trip to some quieter place, staying one's holiday home or rented accommodation should be quite doable. Ok, the flying could be a pain with longer queues and temperature checks and all that but it's a hopefully, temporary hassle many people will live with as in a small price to pay to get away. Once there if you only want to chill then it's no bigger inconvenience than here at the moment.

I'd be off in a heartbeat!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭CBear1993

It simply will not work.

With all due respect John people are going to travel from July when Ryanair resume and Aer lingus (who say they are in June).

You can shove your opinion down people’s throats all you want. It’s going to happen.

How am I shoving my opinion down people's throat's?

CBear1993 wrote: »
    With all due respect John people are going to travel from July when Ryanair resume and Aer lingus (who say they are in June).

You can shove your opinion down people’s throats all you want. It’s going to happen.

If Ireland is such a godforsaken hellhole then I'm confused as to why you came back in the first place?
    If you're planning to go back for Christmas then why not just stay there??
    theguzman wrote: »
    I was in South America when it struck and had get home, I'm cautiously hopeful to spend Christmas in Brazil, the last two months have been the most depressing in my life. I am also looking closely at Italy, Montenegro and Slovenia for a sooner escape. I'd rather travel get the virus and die than be stuck in this godforsaken hellhole any longer. When your highlight of your week and life is browsing the weekly specials in Lidl and Aldi then things are gone bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭NSAman

Cancelled Easter in Ireland.

Hoping that August in Ireland will be a possibility.

Was going to organise flights as it will only be myself and herself going. While I would love the kids to see their grand mother and uncles/aunts/cousins, i cannot imagine them having to be in self isolation for two weeks. For us it wouldn’t be an issue.

Longest time that I have had no contact with family physically in my life. It will be 8 months and I honestly miss them immensely.

One thing it has solidified, I will return home at some point.

It simply will not work.

It will work for lots of people John. If you go abroad and rent private accommodation - a villa, air b n b or the like. You’re alone. You still have the beach or scenery, the weather, and supermarkets etc are opened. If you’re lucky you may have your own pool too and a hired car. How will that not work?

I suggest you read up on the different restrictions across Europe- algarve has already re opened restaurants and cafes last week- albeit with restrictions. Beaches and water parks (50% capacity) will reopen in June along with 75% of hotels in the region.

You can do all this without going near any crowded built up urban area. No metros.
    Airports across Europe have installed temperature reading technology, look it up.
    For a man that’s travelled the world you must rely a lot on places of interest.

Some people are happy with a change of scenery, decent weather and peace and quiet. If you don’t want to go then don’t go. Simple.
    But it will work for people.

CBear1993 wrote: »
    It will work for lots of people John. If you go abroad and rent private accommodation - a villa, air b n b or the like. You’re alone. You still have the beach or scenery, the weather, and supermarkets etc are opened. If you’re lucky you may have your own pool too and a hired car. How will that not work?

I suggest you read up on the different restrictions across Europe- algarve has already re opened restaurants and cafes last week- albeit with restrictions. Beaches and water parks (50% capacity) will reopen in June along with 75% of hotels in the region.

You can do all this without going near any crowded built up urban area. No metros.
    Airports across Europe have installed temperature reading technology, look it up.
    For a man that’s travelled the world you must rely a lot on places of interest.

Some people are happy with a change of scenery, decent weather and peace and quiet. If you don’t want to go then don’t go. Simple.
    But it will work for people.

Also the fact that 62% of the poll on this thread are already in favour or travelling, I think they’re ok with all the endless “challenges” you’re listing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Mrsmum

I'm wondering what is the general opinion about tourists coming here from abroad this summer and if not too welcoming, that would make me worry about the welcome abroad for Irish tourists.

It cuts both ways. We're in the EU, whose cornerstone is freedom of movement. Personally I have no problem with tourists coming here once they play by the same rules as the rest of us.

Obviously it's safer in every country to have nobody going in or out but is that viable or desirable? I think we just have to live with this and be very vigilant about precautions and everybody hopes that a vaccine will be found sooner rather than later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

I'm very unlikely to travel abroad this year, as much as it pains me to say that. Safety is obviously one factor, but there are other practical things to consider.

If it becomes standard to self-isolate on either end, then I definitely wouldn't bother.

Where-ever you travel to this year, things won't be normal full stop. I'm not sure I want to visit any country while it's citizens are still in recovery (physically, emotionally, financially etc). It would be like visiting a country in mourning.

There are likely to be restrictions such as social distancing etc still in place no matter where you go. I can't even go for a walk locally without feeling on edge, so don't think it would be any fun trying to explore a city abroad.

I'd also be afraid of getting stuck abroad and scrambling for a ridiculously expensive flight home if something kicked off again.

If something kicks off beforehand and our trip is cancelled, I don't want the hassle of trying to get my money back (still awaiting a refund from Ryanair!).

There are just too many ifs and buts and unknowns to make it an appealing option atm. I would like to get away in Ireland somewhere though - fully refundable accommodation and can be home within hours if needs be.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

Most likely going ahead with plans for September/October, particularly due to the destination country now reopening.

I don't think this forum is particularly representative of the general public though, so I don't think the poll tells us much. The people here are risk averse, e.g. washing their groceries before putting them in the press etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I'm aiming for something in September/October but will see what places are like in July before thinking of booking anything. As someone who mainly does city breaks, I'm not really going to bother if there's restrictions all over the place when I'm there.

Like in general, reasons I travel are to see new cities/places, meet new people, go to things like musicals, sports etc so some of those are write offs for a while, and others are just going to be much harder if possible at all with restrictions in place.

I've a flight changed from April to November for London, but am I really going to go to London if musicals are shut down or if it's still not safe virus wise and having to use the Tube a lot. Not really.

I can see some people going to sun places if they're able to, but those holidays aren't for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 287 ✭✭Munsterbhoy

My wife and I were due to go to the rugby in Paris in March but AL allowed us to rebook and we chose last weekend in Sept hoping the pandemic would have passed. Not getting our hopes up on going. More concerned on our 2021 summer hol to southern France.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 shadowmouse

I wanted to go to Bali this summer. I decided that was unwise. I’d hate to book travel and then not be able to go and struggle to get a refund. I’d hate to get quarantined. And I’d hate to bring the virus anywhere and infect new populations.

I’m doing a hiking trip instead. I will drive to my destination, so no public travel needed. I’m staying for about a week. I had wanted to stop in San Francisco on my way home, but I don’t think that’s likely at this point.

There is going to be a time where Corona tapers off and travel bans are lifted, but people are still too scared to go anywhere. That’s the sweet spot I’m hoping to hit. I absolutely will not travel if these risks are still floating around.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Starlord_01

Jose Luis Abalos explained that the two-week quarantine was intended to be temporary. It is set to be phased out in parallel with travel being allowed within Spain.

Hopefully the same is implemented here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭billyhead

Jose Luis Abalos explained that the two-week quarantine was intended to be temporary. It is set to be phased out in parallel with travel being allowed within Spain.

Hopefully the same is implemented here!

Spain like Italy rely on Tourism for their Economic growth. They can't afford to dissuade tourists by enforcing strict quarantine measures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 97 ✭✭Good jib!

billyhead wrote: »
    Spain like Italy rely on Tourism for their Economic growth. They can't afford to dissuade tourists by enforcing strict quarantine measures.

From what I've seen, Italy is preparing a very slow return to normal. For example with plexiglass separations in restaurants between tables, and an obligation to book your table in advance to avoid crowding around the entry.

According to this (admittedly not very recent) article, Italy seems to be considering that there won't really be (m)any foreign tourists before next year:

https://www.repubblica.it/dossier/cronaca/italia-riparte/2020/04/25/news/coronavirus_la_fase_3_e_la_grande_incognita_del_turismo-254885245/

Obviously they'll try to balance economic considerations and quarantine measures, but they'll have to make sure the measures are just strict enough to keep the number of cases down, but without killing business.

Personally I wouldn't be planning too far ahead, it's very hard to know how the situation could develop, I'd hate to be stuck abroad if things did suddenly get worse, and to be honest I love the whole wandering around, having a drink when I feel like it, seeing a restaurant I like the look of and wandering in. If I have to plan everything in advance and sit in plexiglass it'd take the fun out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

I just think a holiday at this time would be a sh!t experience.
    I go on holidays for a nice experience. I can have a sh!t one at home in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,151 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Hoping to hit Greece at the end of Sept. Flights and villa (AirBNB) booked! Still holding out hope - sure it's all we have at the minute :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

JimmyVik wrote: »
    I just think a holiday at this time would be a sh!t experience.
    I go on holidays for a nice experience. I can have a sh!t one at home in Ireland.

Depends on what you like. I would have a great time relaxing by the pool in the sun with a cold beer. On the other hand, a city break to see some shows and culture wouldn't be the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 208 ✭✭Dublin Mum

We were due to sail to Spain on 7th July for 3 weeks and had written it off a few months ago.
    However given the changing situation over the last week, I’d feel a lot happier in a ferry than on a plane. We’ve postponed it now until 24th July which will give us a greater insight into what tourism will be like in Northern Spain. If we decide not to go we can get BF vouchers valid for 2 years. We’ll obviously lose our deposit on the one campsite we’ve booked but not too concerned about that. We’ll be staying in our own self contained motorhome so less worry about deep sanitation of accommodation etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭markfinn

As someone in a category the Italians took to anesthetizing and storing to die rather than wasting ventilator time on, I'll be sitting at home for the lengthy foreseeable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭✭josip

Instead of our usual meander, we'll be straightlining to Greece over 4 days in mid July, returning a month later.
    We intend to be very self contained foodwise for the trip.
    The biggest risks will be a couple of hotel stops plus motorway bathroom breaks for the girls on the way.
    We will have to accept and manage that risk.
    Our risk of getting corona virus will be much less in Greece than in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Jimpilot

Yep Spain or canaries August.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Yes, I will fly as soon as July comes around!

Thinking of finally getting to Italy and then to Ibiza for a few weeks.

I would rather be roaming around Italian streets sightseeing eating homemade ice cream even if half the places are closed, than be at home in ireland for another few months..

Same with ibiza. Even if half the places and clubs are still closed id rather be at the pool/beach with a drink in hand than at home in my back garden

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,151 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Yes, I will fly as soon as July comes around!

Thinking of finally getting to Italy and then to Ibiza for a few weeks.

Himself said the same thing last night. A week in Italy or somewhere in July. Only if the 14 day quarantine here is lifted though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Are people really risking Italy given it was the EU's epicentre?

Florence and Rome have long been on my list, but wouldn't they be a nightmare to go to this year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

You know. If everyone just went on holidays in their own country for just this one summer it would have a huge impact on this virus and probably save many lives.
    Then next summer we can look at it again and see if a) there is a vaccine and b)there is at least a treatment for it.

Just one summer in your own country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭BobMc

We'd our usual two weeks for Lanzarote booked in January before this all broke,

It looked like it was going to be a non runner two teenagers disappointed more than us I suppose cause we understand it
    a bit more. But last few weeks it looks a possibility, Now are debate is should we and are we happy about travelling.

We're 50/50, of all the places I think Lanzarote is a good chance of going ahead, and I'd rather be in another EU country
    than say the USA. Would I be nervous yes, Am I willing to risk is ? yes most likely, my feeling is its a round for a long time yet. So should be lock our selves away ? But I dont want to be flippant its our lives at stake and information overload
    its hard to take in all the relevant and not scaremongering information to make a calculated decision

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

You know. If everyone just went on holidays in their own country for just this one summer it would have a huge impact on this virus and probably save many lives.
    Then next summer we can look at it again and see if a) there is a vaccine and b)there is at least a treatment for it.

No considering Irelands hotels are way too expensive and not to mention the price of food and drinks..

There might not be a vaccine for twenty years. There may never be one.

Better off getting back to normal life as soon as its safe to do so, which looks like it's pretty soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

You likely have more chance of catching the virus here than in many countries once you are careful in transite, face covering, hand gel etc.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement