Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

14-0-5 weed and feed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Dr4gul4

I'll throw my hat in the ring here. 3/4 - 1 acre is arround 3500/ 4000 sq meters .which would work out at a spend of around 200 euro of said product.

14% N will grow that grass, and the weeds also, Mecoprop-P will tackle the broadleaf guys, but check what it is you're trying to kill !
    there are a number of other factor's to take in to account, thatch layer etc, but over all you'll get a spurt of growth that will need cutting.

Ohh and im sure there's a no cut policy on Mecoprop-P for at min 3 days + to allow the weeds to absorb it fully.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Pious14

I have thought about it further and am going to get 0-10-20 and spray with dicophar. Lessen the growth but get the green

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Dr4gul4

Pious14 wrote: »
    I have thought about it further and am going to get 0-10-20 and spray with dicophar. Lessen the growth but get the green

0-10-20 will do the job, you could look at liquid seaweed also, crowd up north produce it, if your looking at applying dicophar .. two birds ... one stone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Pious14 wrote: »

If you want to green the grass ,Iron Sulphate is the best option ,it will literally turn green overnight and it will kill the moss too.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Pious14

Zardoz wrote: »
    If you want to green the grass ,Iron Sulphate is the best option ,it will literally turn green overnight and it will kill the moss too.

Is it too late to use that now. Coop and shops nearby only have 0-7-30. Would this be any different to 0-10-20? Comes in 50kg bags. How many bags for half an acre

• Advertisement
Advertisement