If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyrus One - speaker match

Options
  • 18-05-2020 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi, could you advise on a suitable speaker to pair with the Cyrus One, please? I'm new to the separates game, and as demos are out given the circumstances, I though I'd ask the experts. Based on reviews, the Q Acoustics 3020i/3030i are well regarded, would that combination work well?   

Thanks! 

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi, could you advise on a suitable speaker to pair with the Cyrus One, please? I'm new to the separates game, and as demos are out given the circumstances, I though I'd ask the experts. Based on reviews, the Q Acoustics 3020i/3030i are well regarded, would that combination work well?   

Thanks! 
    Hi hifiShopper,

Thanks for the post!

The 3030is are a great upgrade over the 3020i speakers and would match very well with the Cyrus One! I currently have them in stock in Black, Graphite Grey, Walnut and White for £299/339 euro!

If I were to recommend a pair though I would highly recommend the Monitor Audio Silver 50! They are a little more expensive than the 3030i at £499/574 Euro but they are one of the best bookshelf speakers I've heard in that price range and they pair very well with the Cyrus. The have better cabinet bracing and better drivers which gives a tighter bass and more detail!

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202734-monitor-audio-silver-50-black-black-oak-speakers-per-pair.aspx?swapstore=1

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 5 hifiShopper

Hi David, thanks for the prompt reply! I'm not sure the budget will stretch to the Monitors unfortunately, or the 3030i's for that matter.

For some context, the reason I enquired about the Cyrus was that the ex-demo Cyrus One + Chromecast starter kit caught my eye (sorry, can't insert the link here). I was thinking of combining the Cyrus One with a Yamaha WXC-50 as a source - most of my music is FLAC files, so the playback from NAS/memory sticks is the key attraction.

I'm a bit constrained for space in my apartment, so I like the half-width sizing of both pieces of equipment. I could live with the 3020i I think, as from my reading, the main upgrade with the 3030i is the improvement in bass, which my neighbours may not appreciate ;-)

Can I ask what condition the ex-demo Cyrus is in?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

HiFi Shopper,

thanks so much for the post and welcome to the world of HiFi Separates...

Unfortunately our Cyrus One Demo Clearance has just sold ( we have now removed it from the website, apologies ) YOU could go for the dedicated Cyrus One Cast at £1289 - but if you are looking for something half width, decent quality, don't want to break the bank and you mainly stream I would recommend the Marantz MCR612:
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-13704-marantz-mcr612-melody-x-black-streaming-mini-system-exc-speakers.aspx

This sounds great with the Q Acoustics 3020i's and we can do it in a bundle at just £649 / 719€ 

Happy to look at other alternatives for you if you see anything that grabs your fancy - but 1/2 width separates that stream are not too common - you may have to look at full width as well..

Keep us posted and we will do our v best to assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks for getting back to me John, I should have moved faster on the Cyrus! I may investigate the Rega Brio,which has the same form factor as the Cyrus (give or take). But I'd like to keep the amp separate from the streamer/net work bridge, and the MusicCast amp is well regarded. so I'm still interested in the Yamaha WXC-50. Could you give a price for that delivered to ROI, please?

Thanks for getting back to me John, I should have moved faster on the Cyrus! I may investigate the Rega Brio,which has the same form factor as the Cyrus (give or take). But I'd like to keep the amp separate from the streamer/net work bridge, and the MusicCast amp is well regarded. so I'm still interested in the Yamaha WXC-50. Could you give a price for that delivered to ROI, please?
    Hey HiFi Shopper.

Sorry for the delay.

On the WXC-50, the website price of 299 Euro would be the best we could offer on this.

We currently have one left brand new boxed.

Let me know your thoughts.

Kenny.

• Advertisement

Thanks Kenny, just ordered it there on the website. Thanks for you and your colleague's time.

Thanks Kenny, just ordered it there on the website. Thanks for you and your colleague's time.
    Hi HiFiShopper.

Thank you very much for the business :D

Kenny.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.