Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf Lockdown Discussion ** No discussion of breaking Restrictions **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,352 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Think that's fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Whiplash85

It makes no sense. We have been conditioned to be satisfied with a diet of breadcrumbs

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭11521323

Whiplash85 wrote: »
    It makes no sense. We have been conditioned to be satisfied with a diet of breadcrumbs

Yeah I've never ever thought of moving out of Ireland but the realization that the majority of the population will accept perpetual ineptitude from the Government and still vote them in next time around is a deal breaker for me.

How can you think that's fair enough? It's fair enough that were closed an extra 3 weeks longer than any other country on the planet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭opinionated3

No it's not. Its b####x....

• Advertisement

11521323 wrote: »
    How can you think that's fair enough? It's fair enough that were closed an extra 3 weeks longer than any other country on the planet?

Try being a Doctor or a nurse at the minute.

You will get your Game soon

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Slimity

So GAA training is considered safer than tennis and golf?

Right yea, you've lost me now lads.

Get a grip, lockdown 5 million people because of a few thousand who have to work a bit harder than usual? That's not the way the world works.

The hospitals have never been quieter. My wife is a nurse and she says this repeatedly. People are not presenting for any matter of ailments and it seems many will only countenacne going to a hospital if it is a matter of life and death. Try being a construction worker, pilot, business owner, hospitality worker. A kid wanting to play sport, a young person wanting to go to college, meet someone, start a family.

What has happened this bloody country.....

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭RGS

My wife is a nurse and is strongly of the view golf should be open.

As previously stated golf in Ireland has the longest lockdown 189 days compared to 167 in NI( upto 5/4/21) which is now going out by another 3 weeks so golf will be closed 210 days in the last 12 months compared to 167 in NI and just over 60 in Scotland.

The excuses used to continue to keep outdoor activities closed are just NPHET trying to micro manage every aspect of peoples lives. Don't open things up just in case a few lads stop off for coffee.
    People are stopping off for coffee and petrol, including golfers, every day of the week, but put a set of clubs in the car and it becomes an issue.

• Advertisement

The hospitals have never been quieter. My wife is a nurse and she says this repeatedly. People are not presenting for any matter of ailments and it seems many will only countenacne going to a hospital if it is a matter of life and death. Try being a construction worker, pilot, business owner, hospitality worker. A kid wanting to play sport, a young person wanting to go to college, meet someone, start a family.

What has happened this bloody country.....

And sadly there's an out of control train coming hurtling down the track in the near future...... delayed diagnosis of various serious ailments like cancer etc.....

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭dk1982

Incredibly high number of nurses husbands on here. Hmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

RGS wrote: »
    My wife is a nurse and is strongly of the view golf should be open.

As previously stated golf in Ireland has the longest lockdown 189 days compared to 167 in NI( upto 5/4/21) which is now going out by another 3 weeks so golf will be closed 210 days in the last 12 months compared to 167 in NI and just over 60 in Scotland.

The excuses used to continue to keep outdoor activities closed are just NPHET trying to micro manage every aspect of peoples lives. Don't open things up just in case a few lads stop off for coffee.
    People are stopping off for coffee and petrol, including golfers, every day of the week, but put a set of clubs in the car and it becomes an issue.

Same here. It's beyond farcical at this stage. She's gone as far as saying she 'can't wait for golf to reopen' (probably due to my moping around!). I won't be seeing her for months, when it does eventually open :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,018 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

April 26th? What a load of nonsense, roll on the election, they'll be getting a shock.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

dk1982 wrote: »

There are over 80,000 registered nurses in Ireland (many of them women who happen to be wives). They are hardly rare as hens teeth now are they. Anyway I couldn't be arsed ladybirding this for you anymore. Go look at the data yourself like a good little boy.

Seems like nurses are having the time of their lives.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭dk1982

There are over 80,000 registered nurses in Ireland (many of them women who happen to be wives). They are hardly rare as hens teeth now are they. Anyway I couldn't be arsed ladybirding this for you anymore. Go look at the data yourself like a good little boy.

Haha struck a nerve there. 3 of the last 5 or so posts happened to be nurses husbands, incredible😂!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

How in the name of christ is GAA considered safer then golf or tennis? It makes literally no sense.

I'll take the 26th, even if its ****ing stupid, but if this decision was in any way based on science or safety, golf and tennis would be open before GAA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭h2005

April 26th? What a load of nonsense, roll on the election, they'll be getting a shock.

The opposition have hardly been advocating for us to open up either. Actually there is no opposition.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Telecaster58

It's only 209 days now, you'd hardly notice it. Pathetic from an inept Government.

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    How in the name of christ is GAA considered safer then golf or tennis? It makes literally no sense.

I'll take the 26th, even if its ****ing stupid, but if this decision was in any way based on science or safety, golf and tennis would be open before GAA.

Think it's just elite level gaa, same way other elite sports are still going on. 99% off gaa participants aren't elite.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

26th April and two balls only according to the indo. I'm actually beyond angry at this stage.. Dublin zoo is opening before golf and tennis...

h2005 wrote: »
    The opposition have hardly been advocating for us to open up either. Actually there is no opposition.

Good point but this government think they're infallible and are out of touch.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Think it's just elite level gaa, same way other elite sports are still going on. 99% off gaa participants aren't elite.

Even with that, aren't all GAA players regular people with regular jobs? So how does it make more sense that they train with 15-20 other people, then go to their regular jobs, when we can't play with 2-4 people, and go to our regular jobs?

It's not a decision based in anything other then how it will look.

It's only 209 days now, you'd hardly notice it. Pathetic from an inept Government.

I want play golf as much as anyone but plenty other sports not even getting a look in.

When you consider rumours of mid may to even end of June I would take April 26th now.

I can't see SF being the guys to bail out golf in this country

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭RGS

Are you accusing me of lying?

She is a nurse and due to the incompetence of her hospital was infected with covid Christmas week and duly infected me.

Thankfully we have both recovered and she received her two doses of the vaccine recently.

I want play golf as much as anyone but plenty other sports not even getting a look in.

When you consider rumours of mid may to even end of June I would take April 26th now.

I can't see SF being the guys to bail out golf in this country

It's wet blankets like you who allow the government to get away with this ****e repeatedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,234 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

And 100% of elite GAA players aren't professional, and can't bubble like the professional athletes they're being bundled in with. It's a political decision due to the political clout that the GAA carries.

• Advertisement

11521323 wrote: »
    It's wet blankets like you who allow the government to get away with this ****e repeatedly.

You think SF will have opened up next week or by now?

You think a party like that will do more for Golf?:pac:

Advertisement