Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf Lockdown Discussion ** No discussion of breaking Restrictions **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,004 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

charlieIRL wrote: »
    its double what I'm currently paying! ;)

Yea but you can’t play! :D

It’s less than I third of what I pay :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Seve OB wrote: »
    Yea but you can’t play! :D

It’s less than I third of what I pay :eek:

My membership is 345 :D:D only 9 holes tho. But if we go back to lockdown I wont be able to play as I live more than 5km from the course, I think its 6km away :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

Hoboo wrote: »
    I'd expect clubs to cancel visitors to protect their members. Our club has done so, they cancelled 72 slots for a society from the next county last Saturday. They shouldn't offer the choice.

I don't agree with this. Why should the club have to take it on themselves to cancel bookings and force people to follow the restrictions.

When that society is driving to your course the Guards might stop them and ask where they are going. They can answer "across the county border to play golf" and the Guards will have to let them go.

If that's the case why should the club have to stop them and give up much needed income? If they have the correct measures in place for playing golf they are "protecting members" so what's the problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭IAmTitleist

etxp wrote: »
    My membership is 345 :D:D only 9 holes tho. But if we go back to lockdown I wont be able to play as I live more than 5km from the course, I think its 6km away :(

Would you really not play over the sake of 1km? Sounds a tad trivial :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

I would play, I was more so highlighting how stupid the 5km rule is. I didn't do a good job of it though I guess:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭benji79

I’m less than 1km from my course but I wouldn’t play. Didn’t during last restrictions either

But I’m very by the book like that and probably strange. Was always black and white on rules from an early age in school for some reason and it never changed as I got older

benji79 wrote: »
    I’m less than 1km from my course but I wouldn’t play. Didn’t during last restrictions either

But I’m very by the book like that and probably strange. Was always black and white on rules from an early age in school for some reason and it never changed as I got older

thats just silly. the whole point is to restrict travel. at 1km away you are not travelling. its worse if you travel 40km cross county to play in an open, but that is considered acceptable :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭benji79

Seve OB wrote: »
    thats just silly. the whole point is to restrict travel. at 1km away you are not travelling. its worse if you travel 40km cross county to play in an open, but that is considered acceptable :rolleyes:

Sorry I worded that stupidly. I meant I’m less than 1km outside the 5km limit. I’m exactly 5.6 km from course entrance. If I was inside the 5 km I’d play away.

benji79 wrote: »
    Sorry I worded that stupidly. I meant I’m less than 1km outside the 5km limit. I’m exactly 5.6 km from course entrance. If I was inside the 5 km I’d play away.

Ah well in that case ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I'm inside the 5km as the crow flies(through a forest) and that's the distance I judge it by :D

• Advertisement

Rikand wrote: »
    I'm inside the 5km as the crow flies(through a forest) and that's the distance I judge it by :D

Well thats the correct way. The 5km rule was a 5km radius so you are fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

eoghan104 wrote:
    Well thats the correct way. The 5km rule was a 5km radius so you are fine.

There'a a website that gives you the radius for 2, 5 and 20k for your location. Just google '5k from home'.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

5k gets me inside the gate so that's good enough for me if it comes to that again, 1st Tee is in Wicklow though, haha

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭The Parish King

Will the latest restrictions on meeting others outdoors (limited time 6 people, from two households), impact golf clubs as well?

I’d have expected that at best it’ll be a return to casual golf in two balls (as it’s difficult to determine who in each group is from the same household), but I guess clubs may also just leave this down to people’s own judgement! Anyone heard anything on this?

Will the latest restrictions on meeting others outdoors (limited time 6 people, from two households), impact golf clubs as well?

I’d have expected that at best it’ll be a return to casual golf in two balls (as it’s difficult to determine who in each group is from the same household), but I guess clubs may also just leave this down to people’s own judgement! Anyone heard anything on this?

None. Sure other Sports are still training away.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,011 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Might be more restrictions up the North. Hopefully comps stay going for now as I'm.1 away from moving up a shot which is badly needed.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭RGS

RGS wrote: »

so no different to level three then?

or am i missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭londonred

Anyone else noticed people turning up dosed and playing the last few weeks very bad form stay at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭Hoboo

eoghan104 wrote: »
    I don't agree with this. Why should the club have to take it on themselves to cancel bookings and force people to follow the restrictions.

When that society is driving to your course the Guards might stop them and ask where they are going. They can answer "across the county border to play golf" and the Guards will have to let them go.

If that's the case why should the club have to stop them and give up much needed income? If they have the correct measures in place for playing golf they are "protecting members" so what's the problem?

The club don't have to do anything. And its exactly that attitude towards government health guidelines that has us staring down a level 5 lockdown for Christmas. I"ll leave it at that.

• Advertisement

Hoboo wrote: »
    The club don't have to do anything. And its exactly that attitude towards government health guidelines that has us staring down a level 5 lockdown for Christmas. I"ll leave it at that.

So clubs should enforce rules that the Guards have no right to? That's a pretty crazy attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Will golf clubs stay open in level 5?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Courses are closed at level 4 on the framework, is that right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Mushy wrote: »
    Courses are closed at level 4 on the framework, is that right?

No, courses will stay open at level 4 and even competitive golf is permitted. https://www.golfnet.ie/news/golfnet/4878/level-4-restrictions-in-republic-of-ireland

No one seems to know for sure however what will happen at level 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

HighLine wrote: »
    No, courses will stay open at level 4 and even competitive golf is permitted. https://www.golfnet.ie/news/golfnet/4878/level-4-restrictions-in-republic-of-ireland

It’s the 5 km limit with no competitive golf and gaps between groups possibly been extended back to 14 mins etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Was the first lockdown that shut the golf courses, level 5 in effect?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Grand, had only looked on government site and was unclear

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Rippeditup

Someone said to me today L5 and golf will stop.. painful and time to be investing in home setups..

Speculation is we'll be between 4&5 nationwide. What that means for golf is anyone's guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭Hoboo

eoghan104 wrote: »
    So clubs should enforce rules that the Guards have no right to? That's a pretty crazy attitude.

The club isnt enforcing any rules that the gardai can't. It's making it's own rule not to allow visitors. Forgive me if I'm missing something, but I think that's pretty simple to understand.

Advertisement