Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf Lockdown Discussion ** No discussion of breaking Restrictions **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭blue note

My poor sister in laws boyfriend joined my club a few months ago because he was moving in with her and that club is nearby. So his address on the system is South Dublin, but he's actually living within the 5k. I wonder could his access to the booking system be blocked if the club enforce the 5k rule!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

blue note wrote: »
    My poor sister in laws boyfriend joined my club a few months ago because he was moving in with her and that club is nearby. So his address on the system is South Dublin, but he's actually living within the 5k. I wonder could his access to the booking system be blocked if the club enforce the 5k rule!
    Ah, easy enough to fix that. Nobody's going to go all pointy pencil on that one. Just change the address on the system. Happens all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

I have reserved a net in Argos thinking the courses will close. but it wont be available until Thursday so argos will probably be closed by then :(

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Tescosfinest

Can anyone recommend any lockdown purchases that helped your game from the last lockdown?

Mushy wrote: »
    In fairness, 00.00 is midnight which is when Wednesday starts. I was being a bit obtuse, but it should be far clearer as to when they start

Technically when the clock strikes midnight tonight its officially Wednesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Rippeditup

etxp wrote: »
    I have reserved a net in Argos thinking the courses will close. but it wont be available until Thursday so argos will probably be closed by then :(

Click and collect will be ok as it was in March.. :)

Can anyone recommend any lockdown purchases that helped your game from the last lockdown?

24 bottles of good red wine helped with it

I got a planeswing and love it as I have tendancy to get inside so drill it a lot, also heavy club and impact bag.. also fit for golf subscription

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Technically when the clock strikes midnight tonight its officially Wednesday.

Its Wednesday, but its not midnight Wednesday, its Wednesday morning. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

I'm guessing the lack of a statement on this means its still be decided or argued, really hope the GUI dig their heels in with Sporting Ireland and i think they have a good argument when Inter-county is allow to continue then a sport made for social distancing like golf is certainly less risky.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭AOH77A

Let's hope you are correct.

• Advertisement

Snotty wrote: »
    I'm guessing the lack of a statement on this means its still be decided or argued, really hope the GUI dig their heels in with Sporting Ireland and i think they have a good argument when Inter-county is allow to continue then a sport made for social distancing like golf is certainly less risky.

If previous is anything to go by they issue the statement just as they are leaving the office for they day :rolleyes:

GreeBo wrote: »
    Its Wednesday, but its not midnight Wednesday, its Wednesday morning. :)
    Plus it's not officially Wednesday until 00:01. :D

And I never thought that I'd be having this discussion when I woke up this morning (Tuesday). ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

I have a feeling it will be solo golf or golf with members of your own household within 5km of your home.

Or best case scenario 2 balls allowed, as you are allowed to meet another family outside your home for a walk.... so 2 balls are the best case scenario.

No more competitions anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

home-golf-simulator.jpg

Wombatman wrote: »
    home-golf-simulator.jpg

Presuming this full setup can be purchased from Halfpenny golf?

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭antgal23

home-golf-simulator.jpg

Is that heaven I see?

home-golf-simulator.jpg

Wowser the dream!!!:eek:

Rippeditup wrote: »

In 2005 the whole country could have got a setup like that with a 110% mortgage and with change left over for a set of PXG irons

Nah. You'd never go out on a golf course again if you had a setup like that. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Nah. Don't like the couch. Not for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

sorry if its been mention here already. But are golf course to close in Level 5 or are they open to members within the 5km?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

sorry if its been mention here already. But are golf course to close in Level 5 or are they open to members within the 5km?

Still waiting for confirmation as to what's happening from the GUI.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭BraveDonut

Regardless of what is announced by the GUI today - are courses open tomorrow?

BraveDonut wrote: »
    Regardless of what is announced by the GUI today - are courses open tomorrow?
    Yes. Unless closed due to flooding. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭BraveDonut

Thanks - Going to take the morning off and play 18 in case its the last chance for 6 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭boardise

Rumours are golf will remain open but you can only play your course if within 5km. Source Matt Cooper show.

Nothing concrete yet.

There's no conceivable reason why the existing regime of controlled golf should be discontinued.. I heard the CMO on the 1.00 news talking about the GAA . Every justification he gave for allowing GAA applied also to golf.
    Many older/retired people (I.e.more vulnerable) play golf . For physical and mental health reasons they could and should be allowed to carry on as is.
    I haven't heard of any evidence suggesting that golf course activity has contributed to the surge in infections.

Presuming this full setup can be purchased from Halfpenny golf?

Tesco :D

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

id say we can expect bad news, good news comes out in the middle of the day bad news at 4.59

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭gypsy79

What clubs are holding opens near the border

ABsolute clowns

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,004 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Mentioned before?

It's been mentioned to death.

It wouldn't have taken much to read just a few of the comments above yours

Advertisement