Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf Lockdown Discussion ** No discussion of breaking Restrictions **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Stacksey

This is horse sh1t. Who the fook is behind these ludicrous decisions. So shops are open but no 3 or 4 balls on a golf course?

The bookies are gonna be packed the next few days and we can only play golf in 2 balls, total madness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

I'd imagine this will be the same as the 5k/20k restrictions i.e. the burden will be placed on the members to follow the regulations. The timesheets will be left as 4 balls and clubs won't be enforcing which households are playing together.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

PARlance wrote: »
    Big increase in terms of % but €200 was incredibly cheap for a club close enough to a city like Cork.

I had a quick look on the Facebook page, the 40km is the only limit on it? €300 is a still a bit of a steal for everyone on the right side of Cork.

There's a club near me that offers distance for €220 but you have to be a member of another club to avail of it. I think that was the whole idea of distance membership, a cheap rate for people like yourself who have moved away from the area. They probably just realised they could and should up the rate as they were giving people full membership, within a relatively short distance, for nothing.

They'll probably retain a lot more than 67% of the distance members I imagine!

Ya man, 40km is the distance.

I think yes, the price was a great one, but just with distant members missing on about 5 months of golf last year and probably something similar this year it is pretty bitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

No inter county travel this time around again?

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭rickis tache

Well bah humballs.
    There's a park next to my golf club and on Christmas day and stephens day the park will be packed yet only two balls allowed unless from the same household which will be feck all.
    Genius...shear bloody genius

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

Interesting to see how this will be handled by the club. I did speak to someone on the committee this morning and they mentioned that they were going to start removing the name of any member who does not live in the county, we are near a border to a lot are from 2 other counties, I should have asked was that an instruction from the gui

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

All bookings at my club for the next 2 weeks have been cancelled now. New bookings for next w weeks open at 10pm tonight. 2 balls every 8 minutes. I had a load of bookings made for the next couple of weeks so it's hassle trying to get those times I want again but still just glad we're allowed play golf

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Bill Ponderosa

I'd say there will be war over this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

All bookings at my club for the next 2 weeks have been cancelled now. New bookings for next w weeks open at 10pm tonight. 2 balls every 8 minutes. I had a load of bookings made for the next couple of weeks so it's hassle trying to get those times I want again but still just glad we're allowed play golf

Overreaction, what if a Father and 2 sons from the same house want to play together.

This is someone very stupid reading a rule and then telling everyone this is what the rule means but as no understanding of how it can be enforced. When making rules there is certain thought process, is it practical, is it enforceable, what is result, cost and how does it work with other rules and earlier rules and the long term affect.

When stupid people are making rules you should have the common sense to ignore them.

Even the wording the clubs got stated “note”....

It’s just not enforceable and any club removing people from timesheet is overstepping there authority.

Same for the county rule....

Unfortunately we allow to many stupid people to make decisions for many and unfortunately a lot of clubs are ran by committees totally out of there comfort zone.

non-contact training in pods of up to 15 may take place outdoors...

Unless it's Golf. Says it all really and I don't care what anyone says they weren't discussing this with Sport Ireland until this afternoon.

What sort of position does this leave Clubs and Volunteers in dumping this information on them when everything is finished up for Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

All bookings have just been cancelled in our club as well.
    New timesheets for casual golf go live tomorrow 2 balls only. Can add a 3rd or 4th thru pro shop if from same household.

Crazy times

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

All bookings have just been cancelled in our club as well.
    New timesheets for casual golf go live tomorrow 2 balls only. Can add a 3rd or 4th thru pro shop if from same household.

Crazy times

That’s probably most reasonable way to do it, people will take the piss otherwise.

It’s not bad call either for sports organisations to get ahead of things and give themselves best chance of staying open with stricter lockdowns coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭Redriddick

Absolute joke

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

we where asked to amend so no more than two households are out together

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭hurleronditch

we where asked to amend so no more than two households are out together

Is this Corballis?

It’ll be absolute carnage. If you have two pairs filling a line together, and don’t know each other and have never met each other? How do they decide which pair gets the slot and who stays at home?

I have one slot booked with 3 mates, luckily 2 weren’t that bothered and are happy to take a knee but it could be completely ridiculous

Ours is supposed to be telling the lines that two go out on front nine and two out on back.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Dero123

Nothing from my club and full time sheets for the week including three person team events

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Is this Corballis?

It’ll be absolute carnage. If you have two pairs filling a line together, and don’t know each other and have never met each other? How do they decide which pair gets the slot and who stays at home?

I have one slot booked with 3 mates, luckily 2 weren’t that bothered and are happy to take a knee but it could be completely ridiculous

elmgreen. same company running both

Nothing from our club and timesheet full for the morning, 4 balls out from 8.30, will be interesting to see what awaits them and I don't think it's the responsibility of whatever unfortunate is working the shop tomorrow morning.

No problems in our club this morning. 3 ball out and played through a 4 ball. Pro said they won't be changing anything today but maybe later in the week as they are struggling to find an answer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Macker1

No problems in our club this morning. 3 ball out and played through a 4 ball. Pro said they won't be changing anything today but maybe later in the week as they are struggling to find an answer.

That's a cop out if ever I saw one. The people booked in to play know if there playing with more than the two households so they should have enough common sense to withdraw or re-arrange to a different slot if available.

Its a directive that was sprung on all clubs in the interest of safety.

Not looking to start a argument but it boils my blood when people can't be bothered to follow the directive.

I was booked to play both today and tomorrow but due to the directive I had to pull out. Was I annoyed yes but it was the correct thing to do. Re-booked in a two ball for Wed.

Macker1 wrote: »
    That's a cop out if ever I saw one. The people booked in to play know if there playing with more than the two households so they should have enough common sense to withdraw or re-arrange to a different slot if available.

Its a directive that was sprung on all clubs in the interest of safety.

Not looking to start a argument but it boils my blood when people can't be bothered to follow the directive.

I was booked to play both today and tomorrow but due to the directive I had to pull out. Was I annoyed yes but it was the correct thing to do. Re-booked in a two ball for Wed.

You're of course dead right macker.
    It was a cop out. The club sent out the statement from sports ireland but didn't act on it. They should of cleared the timesheet and notified members but didn't.
    I feel for the pro and others on the desk having to take the tirade of abuse that surely is coming their way over the coming weeks but management are only doing things on face value.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

Golf Ireland have given clubs some leeway with timsheets that have already been set up. "We have made Sport Ireland aware of the issues regarding the implementation of this change in the short-term as timesheets for golf club activities are likely in operation for at least the next several days. However, we are urging golf clubs to update their timesheet booking systems to take account of this changed guidance as soon as possible. eland have given the clubs some leeway in implementing the new protocol"
    Our club have left the timesheets alone but also blocked off all the free 3rd spots for the rest of the week allowing only 2 balls. Next weeks timesheet will all be two balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Played a 9 hole 2 ball today on a busy timesheet and the upside is it only took 90 minutes as opposed to the usual 2ish hours

• Registered Users Posts: 4,563 ✭✭✭blue note

****ers cancelled my bookings on new years eve and 10th Jan. I'd two really good times too! It would have been nice to keep the line and just play in a two ball but you couldn't do that fairly. I wouldn't blame the club, but this is a stupid rule. The people that can't play will have to find something else to do now. Will it be as safe as golf?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

blue note wrote: »
    ****ers cancelled my bookings on new years eve and 10th Jan. I'd two really good times too! It would have been nice to keep the line and just play in a two ball but you couldn't do that fairly. I wouldn't blame the club, but this is a stupid rule. The people that can't play will have to find something else to do now. Will it be as safe as golf?

Thats unfortunate. We got an email re the new restrictions and that we should speak with playing parners to sort out. Timesheet today only has 2s or 3s(samee family), people seem to have removed themselves to abide. Timesheet tomorrow is rammed with 4balls so not sure if the club will take any action once they sign in,maybe its what happened today.

Think we should move to 9 hole golf with each 9 operating separately. Would get more people out and 9 holes is enough this time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,577 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Our place had left the timesheet as it was for today (but the course was closed so didnt really matter)

All bookings from Monday on were wiped as it was open 4 balls.

It's now set to 3 balls max with a message/warning to only play from 2 households.

I made a booking for Wednesday and inserted a "guest" into the third slot to block out an extra household from booking in

• Registered Users Posts: 4,563 ✭✭✭blue note

Thats unfortunate. We got an email re the new restrictions and that we should speak with playing parners to sort out. Timesheet today only has 2s or 3s(samee family), people seem to have removed themselves to abide. Timesheet tomorrow is rammed with 4balls so not sure if the club will take any action once they sign in,maybe its what happened today.

Think we should move to 9 hole golf with each 9 operating separately. Would get more people out and 9 holes is enough this time of year.

I'm fairness it would be impossible to do it fairly. Lots of bookings were made by 2 different parties, so do you just leave the first? The fairest thing is probably what they've done, cancelling everything and letting people rebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

Looking like we are retaining timesheets as four balls but we will be splitting them up and 2 go out on frt 9 and 2 on back 9 and running a frt and back 9 comp until things change. Fair enough I'd say and 9 is probably plenty on these cold winter days

• Advertisement

Not sure what's happening in our club, all 4balls out today and timesheet full for next 2 weeks, no changes so far

Advertisement