Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf Lockdown Discussion ** No discussion of breaking Restrictions **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭NotCarrotRidge

copacetic wrote: »
    I just had to do this myself, didn’t do it and had two members book in with my two ball for tomorrow. The ignorance of some people is pretty impressive.

I am down for tomorrow with two people from one household. A 4th stuck his name in yesterday evening and as usual, I received an auto email from BRS. I don't know the guy, so I just forwarded it to our club manager and got in touch with yer man. That sorted it out.

I have absolutely no qualms about having done so. This bloody pandemic is serious and if we want to keep golf open, we had better play by the rules, whether we like them or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

looks like we are heading for full lockdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Rippeditup

Looks like they will be taking golf away again.. 6 weeks of speed sticks, putt out and net again.,. Feel for the pros as losing a lot of cash

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Bill Ponderosa

looks like we are heading for full lockdown.

Some dose

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Whiplash85

Is it from midnight that golf will be shut down again or later this week?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Whiplash85 wrote: »
    Is it from midnight that golf will be shut down again or later this week?

It's likely to be from this evening.
    In fairness, things are getting out of hand at this point. It is important that numbers are suppressed and anything that helps with this is needed.
    Hopefully this next few weeks is the last of the strict lockdowns and things will start to retun to "normal" as we go through late feb into March/April.

kippy wrote: »
    It's likely to be from this evening.
    In fairness, things are getting out of hand at this point. It is important that numbers are suppressed and anything that helps with this is needed.
    Hopefully this next few weeks is the last of the strict lockdowns and things will start to retun to "normal" as we go through late feb into March/April.

Thanks and how long would you envisage the lockdown to last for?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Thanks and how long would you envisage the lockdown to last for?

No idea - but it will be driven by the numbers I would expect and various restrictions may be increased/descreased as it goes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

No one knows, the announcement wasn't made yet. Everything else is just guessing and speculation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭gypsy79

dan_ep82 wrote: »
    No one knows, the announcement wasn't made yet. Everything else is just guessing and speculation.

It was made

Till at least Jan 31

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Dotzie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

gypsy79 wrote: »
    It was made

Till at least Jan 31

Where, everything I've seen is speculation, correct or not. The announcement is only live now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Glebee

Its going to be a long January:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Bill Ponderosa

End of January but I'd imagine it will drag on until Paddy's day at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

End of January but I'd imagine it will drag on until Paddy's day at least.

Fingers crossed for 1st March

Can we play tomorrow or weekend does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭John Divney

This is the biggest experiment of what people will accept in the modern age and the answer is almost anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭h2005

Can we play tomorrow or weekend does anyone know?

You can play tomorrow, it’s the last day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭This is it

Have a 4 ball booked for tomorrow, hoping to get out still

• Registered Users Posts: 3,826 ✭✭✭monkeybutter

Not much chance, coldest night of the year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MorganIRL

Out as well tomorrow, and trying to find out if we're on or not. I thought only elite and pro sports and 5km limit was in from tonight????

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Fairwayslost

Well there goes dry January already.. ;)

MorganIRL wrote: »
    Out as well tomorrow, and trying to find out if we're on or not. I thought only elite and pro sports and 5km limit was in from tonight????

That's how I'm picking it up too - restrictions in place from midnight so I can't see how we can play tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MorganIRL

That's how I'm picking it up too - restrictions in place from midnight so I can't see how we can play tomorrow.

Playing partner thinks restrictions are from tomorrow eve? And he's more cautious then me. Once again the govt are as clear as mud :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭This is it

Yeah some are saying from midnight tonight, others from close of business tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭DubJJ

Just had an email from my club and there saying 6pm tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭bailey99

Read few posts. Median age today is 34 and 66% are under 45. So by and large, the cases being reported gave a bad flu. ICU no increases.

You walk past and closer to people in supermarkets than on a golf course. It's a joke. I can meet someone and go for a run but I can't meet them and go for a walk (further away from.them) on a golf course.

People thought the last lockdown was the last lockdown. We didn't get 14 days and it was to be shut down as per NPHET again. This one will go til end if February maybe Paddy's Day. And I reckon there'll be another lockdown after this one again. I'd say 11 weeks lockdown here and another 4-6 week one end of April.

People need to think hard about paying the annual sub. I'm leaving it off this year.dont see the value when a quarter of 2020 the course was closed and I'd expect it to be more again in 2021.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭AOH77A

RTE website saying tomorrow is the last day, so look's good for a game tomorrow. Will be temporary greens due to frost but it's better than nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

bailey99 wrote: »
    Read few posts. Median age today is 34 and 66% are under 45. So by and large, the cases being reported gave a bad flu. ICU no increases.

You walk past and closer to people in supermarkets than on a golf course. It's a joke. I can meet someone and go for a run but I can't meet them and go for a walk (further away from.them) on a golf course.

People thought the last lockdown was the last lockdown. We didn't get 14 days and it was to be shut down as per NPHET again. This one will go til end if February maybe Paddy's Day. And I reckon there'll be another lockdown after this one again. I'd say 11 weeks lockdown here and another 4-6 week one end of April.

People need to think hard about paying the annual sub. I'm leaving it off this year.dont see the value when a quarter of 2020 the course was closed and I'd expect it to be more again in 2021.

Absolutely no one I know thought that. Everyone was saying we'd be back in lockdown in January. It was obvious. These lockdowns are not designed to eradicate covid, they're being implemented to manage the spread and ensure ICUs aren't overwhelmed.

Again, I don't like this but I can understand the logic behind the decision of the government.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,264 ✭✭✭slingerz

Being closed this time of year isn’t the worst if it means we can be opened up and golfing from Paddy’s Day

Advertisement