Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf Lockdown Discussion ** No discussion of breaking Restrictions **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭h2005

If it's 2 balls it'll be a total lottery to get out in my club. Doubt I'd get out at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Finlay Harp

It’s looking like it could be four balls here in NI as long as the four are from 2 households only. Will work for some but not for others. I’ll take whatever is going at this point.

I wonder will it be members only in NI as id imagine a lot will be looking to drive in from border counties for a game.

I wonder will it be members only in NI as id imagine a lot will be looking to drive in from border counties for a game.
    Yes. Members only for the foreseeable future.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Yes. Members only for the foreseeable future.

Pain in the arse, as it means i'll need to join a club in the next few weeks before playing them. I'll do it, as golf on any course is better then none, but i'd like to have tried them first.

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    Pain in the arse, as it means i'll need to join a club in the next few weeks before playing them. I'll do it, as golf on any course is better then none, but i'd like to have tried them first.

Where are you based?
    There are a few council run courses like Colin Glen, Ormeau and Silverwood that might not need membership.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Down9194

RGS wrote: »
    Golf Ireland need to push back on any suggestion of 2 balls or the idiotic 2 household rule, which was suggested pre Christmas.

Running a time sheet for 2 balls at 10 min intervals from 7am to 5pm that's 6 slots per hour for 10 hours amounting to 60 slots which only allows 120 golfers out per day.

If that's the regulations clubs may have to only allow 1 tee time per member per weekend.

Surely with 2 balls they can increase slots for example
    2 balls 6 minute intervals 10 slots per hour 20 golfers
    4 balls 10 minute intervals 6 slots per hour 24 golfers

It can be done if people keep the pace up

Has there been any clarity on the rules for Northern Ireland's return to golf?

Has there been any clarity on the rules for Northern Ireland's return to golf?

No specifics yet just general talk like members only, distance allowed to travel etc. The amount allowed to play and what intervals has yet to be finalised.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭RGS

Down9194 wrote: »
    Surely with 2 balls they can increase slots for example
    2 balls 6 minute intervals 10 slots per hour 20 golfers
    4 balls 10 minute intervals 6 slots per hour 24 golfers

It can be done if people keep the pace up

I think last year 1st restart had 2 balls every 10 mins, 3 balls every 12 mins and 4 balls every 15 mins.

So I was using that metric for the re start on the basis that no 3 or 4 balls will be allowed in what the government are calling a slow overly cautious opening.

I hope I am wrong and we can have 4 balls every 10 mins and get on with it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Bill Ponderosa

If we're not back on good Friday there will be war.

Walked my course today, there was nobody else there, drove past the park which was full of people.

Schools with classrooms full of students and a teacher are safe while golf outdoors is a covid risk? Nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭bustercherry

Walked my course today, there was nobody else there, drove past the park which was full of people.

Schools with classrooms full of students and a teacher are safe while golf outdoors is a covid risk? Nonsense.

From who?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Arnold54321

Beyond a joke if golf is not allowed from April 5th however reckon we’ll be in luck given the general public mood is so low with many feeling the current restrictions have run there course. Will be another joke if the 5k rule is kept when courses reopen, will be impossible to police as the majority of members would break.

Beyond a joke if golf is not allowed from April 5th however reckon we’ll be in luck given the general public mood is so low with many feeling the current restrictions have run there course. Will be another joke if the 5k rule is kept when courses reopen, will be impossible to police as the majority of members would break.

The government will decide policy, not people not abiding by the current restrictions. It could easily go the other way if numbers start going up.

Not going to happen before Easter. There is no chance they will announce anything before Easter.

No doubt the kite flying will start the week of the 30 march.

Not going to happen before Easter. There is no chance they will announce anything before Easter.

Aren't current restrictions only until good Friday? I cannot see then extending level 5, there will be riots.

Aren't current restrictions only until good Friday? I cannot see then extending level 5, there will be riots.

No there won’t.

No there won’t.

If level 5 is extended until May wait till you see the protests then. Golf is safe, end of story.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Government is due to give it's plans the week before the 5th April. They've said that themselves. We should have a plan around this day two weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

If level 5 is extended until May wait till you see the protests then. Golf is safe, end of story.

Right so Bill are we rioting today or protesting.

• Advertisement

Just looked up gov.ie.

Level 5 restrictions in place till 5 April bank holiday Monday.

I'm hoping we get all clear then as I am off the wed thurs and Friday.

Don't ye know the jackeens will turn a protest into a riot ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

If all the golfers are rioting can they please be sure to be wearing a collared shirt and no sports gear. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,264 ✭✭✭slingerz

I do think that public patience with lockdowns is running short. It’s been level 5 since the end of December. I think there will have to be some easing in April or people just start to ignore the rules themselves.

For us who play golf it’s a no brainer to reopen the courses but perhaps the decision makers are not of the same mind

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

I’m looking forward to playing on the 5th of April. I’m going to clean my clubs tomorrow for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭pinkdoubleeagle

The gates to St Catherine's Park were closed yesterday at 11:45. Went for a walk with the dog and the carnage outside was unreal with the amount of cars driving into housing estates to find a parking space.

Not to even mention the queues in Lucan village queueing for coffees and ice creams. Comical

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Arnold54321

Bad news. Rumours coming out that golf will not reopen in April and we’ll have to wait till after the May Bank Holiday weekend. Can’t believe it myself but they believe there’s an increase in case numbers coming which will keep the country in Level 5 till at least May.

Advertisement