Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HAP houses

Options
  • 18-05-2020 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,756 ✭✭✭✭

hey folks
    I have a family member looking t get a house on HAP ,
    There single and hard worker worked all the life's in there early 30s but make just under the amount to fall into people eligible for HAP ,

There idea is they could rent with HAP and still be able to save to eventually buy a house, If they don't use HAP they can rent on the breadline and will never be able to save for a house, Its a bad cycle to get stuck in

The problem is they can't find anywhere that will accept it ,
    Im guessing this is a problem faced by many , they would even consider moving to a Dublin commuter town anyone know anywhere that's good for searching for HAP houses ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,115 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Word of mouth is the best way. Friends, family, sports club, school, whatever. HAP is not landlord friendly so most try not to have to accept it. It is illegal to refuse to accept HAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,756 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Caranica wrote: »
    Word of mouth is the best way. Friends, family, sports club, school, whatever. HAP is not landlord friendly so most try not to have to accept it. It is illegal to refuse to accept HAP.

I heard that but how does that work ,Would someone not just agree everything and then just say ok i'll be paying with HAP then the landlord is stuck ?
    I can understand why landlords are reluctant to accept it as there will be people who are waster's and cause landlords untold hassle also looking at HAP, which ruins it for everyone eles ,

• Registered Users Posts: 10,115 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I heard that but how does that work ,Would someone not just agree everything and then just say ok i'll be paying with HAP then the landlord is stuck ?
    I can understand why landlords are reluctant to accept it as there will be people who are waster's and cause landlords untold hassle also looking at HAP, which ruins it for everyone eles ,
    Landlord can look for payslips and bank statements. Hard to fake those.

Advertisement