Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a Mortgage & a Credit Scoring in Ireland

• 18-05-2020 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

I moved to Ireland from U.K. and been living here over 4 years. I’m looking in to buying a house here in Ireland but I already have a house with a mortgage in U.K. which I took six years ago and is not paid off yet.

I would like to know that if I apply for a mortgage in Ireland would the bank require a credit score report for me from U.K.?

Will I be class as first time buyer in Ireland even though I have a house with a mortgage over in U.K.?

Also, will the Irish bank require to check with my current mortgage lender over in U.K.?

Thanks,
    Madu

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

Answer to all three questions is Yes.

If applying for a mortgage here in Ireland and you own a property in the UK you are a 2nd time buyer and can borrow 80% of the purchase price. The Lender will require a Credit Report from the UK and will also require a recent mortgage statement. They will also need t know if you rent out the property and how much rent is received and value of the property.

Madu Chan wrote: »
    Hi,

I moved to Ireland from U.K. and been living here over 4 years. I’m looking in to buying a house here in Ireland but I already have a house with a mortgage in U.K. which I took six years ago and is not paid off yet.

I would like to know that if I apply for a mortgage in Ireland would the bank require a credit score report for me from U.K.?

Will I be class as first time buyer in Ireland even though I have a house with a mortgage over in U.K.?

Also, will the Irish bank require to check with my current mortgage lender over in U.K.?

Thanks,
    Madu

Advertisement