Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Adjusting worn PVC door flag hinges

• 18-05-2020 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭

I noticed there is a large gap under my front door that is leaving in a very bad draft.

If I could drop the height of the door it should help, however the plastic Allen key fittings in the 3 hinges are either broken or worn away as attached.

Anyone know how I can adjust these to drop the door down?

The other option I suppose is to replace the rubber at the bottom front oitside of the door, that's around half inch above the ground on the outside when the door is closed. Anyone know where I could find a replacement?
    (See 3rd attachment with purple flower showing the gap.)

Thx

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

You have to drop all the hinges in sequence, but 2 points.

1. You may create a daft at the top of the door, so back to square one.

2. The locking mechanism will need to be adjusted for the latch and points which can be time consuming.

Easiest solution is leave alone and place a good draft excluder at the bottom , the fixed brush type, maybe 20 quid??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

You have to drop all the hinges in sequence, but 2 points.

1. You may create a daft at the top of the door, so back to square one.

2. The locking mechanism will need to be adjusted for the latch and points which can be time consuming.

Easiest solution is leave alone and place a good draft excluder at the bottom , the fixed brush type, maybe 20 quid??

As above or maybe, repeat, maybe replace the door saddle

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭cork_south

Thx lads, gonna do with one of those brush things on both sides.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

cork_south wrote: »
    Thx lads, gonna do with one of those brush things on both sides.
    Do you have an issue with driving rafts coming in under the door?

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

are you sure those flag hindges adjust from the top. any that I have adjusted it was from underneath . on the ones I have adjusted that white part is a sleeve that you can rotate to adjust how close that side is to the frame

• Advertisement
Advertisement