Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alaram PIR Sensor - can't identify it and signal light doesn't work

Options
  • 18-05-2020 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi all

I'm hoping somebody can help me with the these PIR sensors that I have in my new house.

They appear to work just fine yet the little signal light that I would expect to turn on when I pass any of these sensors doesn't seem to work.

There are seven sensors in the house in total and not one lights up when I pass?

Could they just all be fused or is it possible to turn these things off?

Does anybody know the make or model of sensor so I could go off and find some extra info on it?

Picture below

PDM43VX

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

Civil Eng wrote: »
    Hi all

I'm hoping somebody can help me with the these PIR sensors that I have in my new house.

They appear to work just fine yet the little signal light that I would expect to turn on when I pass any of these sensors doesn't seem to work.

There are seven sensors in the house in total and not one lights up when I pass?

Could they just all be fused or is it possible to turn these things off?

Does anybody know the make or model of sensor so I could go off and find some extra info on it?

Picture below

PDM43VX

Dont know the make but they could just have the LED off.
    Could be a dip switch inside the device itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Civil Eng

Hey all, I’ve actually figured this one out. There is a little jumper inside the sensor that needs to be adjusted to enable the LED

Advertisement