Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halfords still closed

Options
  • 18-05-2020 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭

Any idea why they haven't opened today. Phone rings out,no reply to email. I must say their customer support is shocking. I purchased a €1000 bike off them through the bike to work scheme just before they closed. The cheque was posted to them from my employer 18th march. Poor service. At the very least a message on an answering machine with some update surely not to much to ask for.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Read the whole thread I have quoted the pertinent part there below

https://twitter.com/themalph/status/1262306930846060550
    Hi Malph, thanks contacting us. Unfortunately the Carlow & Kildare stores are closed currently. From 19th May'20 the Tallaght, Blanchardstown, Carrickmines, Liffey Valley, Waterford, Coolock, Cork, Galway, Limerick & Swords stores will be open. Thanks Nutan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

Read the whole thread I have quoted the pertinent part there below

https://twitter.com/themalph/status/1262306930846060550

Thanks for that, Im not on twitter, How can I find out when the Cavan store opens.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,535 ✭✭✭✭ted1

UrbanFret wrote: »
    Any idea why they haven't opened today. Phone rings out,no reply to email. I must say their customer support is shocking. I purchased a €1000 bike off them through the bike to work scheme just before they closed. The cheque was posted to them from my employer 18th march. Poor service. At the very least a message on an answering machine with some update surely not to much to ask for.

I had a call from them on Sunday. All orders have been cancelled as the UK stores have been pulling stock and they have “no idea” what’s available. I’d paid for and ordered a bike for one if the kids.

Click and collect will go back online on Tuesday, so order the bike again.

(Carrickmines)Store is opening tomorrow.

ted1 wrote: »
    I had a call from them on Sunday. All orders have been cancelled as the UK stores have been pulling stock and they have “no idea” what’s available. I’d paid for and ordered a bike for one if the kids.

Click and collect will go back online on Tuesday, so order the bike again.

(Carrickmines)Store is opening tomorrow.

Would they not have to honor the order? If the worst comes to the worst I'd take the display model for a discount.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Is the bike to work scheme not suspended?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Vestiapx

Is it ? Why ?
    I put in the paperwork for an employee last week and the cheque was sent from head office so I hope not.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

It was temporarily suspended by Dept. Of education a few weeks ago but has be reinstated.

They've sent the cheque to halfords so I would hope not.:mad:

Would they not have to honor the order? If the worst comes to the worst I'd take the display model for a discount.;)

The said they’ll issue a refund. Thought it was premature myself as they could / should have waited till they Could check stock. But to be honest I got an old version of the same bike from a neighbour, replaced brake cables , good clean and a service and she’s happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,270 ✭✭✭ratracer

07Lapierre wrote: »
    It was temporarily suspended by Dept. Of education a few weeks ago but has be reinstated.

I presumed that was only for Dept of Ed employees. It’s still working fine in my job, ( local auth). Colleague got a new bike last week, I’m waiting on the paperwork for one at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭budgemook

They have informational videos on their website now about their restricted opening.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

ratracer wrote: »
    I presumed that was only for Dept of Ed employees. It’s still working fine in my job, ( local auth). Colleague got a new bike last week, I’m waiting on the paperwork for one at the moment.

That’s correct. Dept. Of Education cancelled it for Dept. Employees.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 doodahump

I got a one4all voucher for a bike ordered for my son Last february n Cork store- issues is the webchat doesnt work, they arent answering the phone- i cant get in and dont know how to secure the bike i orderred - im disgusted

doodahump wrote: »
    I got a one4all voucher for a bike ordered for my son Last february n Cork store- issues is the webchat doesnt work, they arent answering the phone- i cant get in and dont know how to secure the bike i orderred - im disgusted

Try calling *(01) 213 5347‬ that’s the Carrickmines store

Unbelievably the Cavan store is still not open. Tells you all you need to know about these shower. Let paddy pay our employees wages for another month or two. Terrible customer service. Zero update on website, No information on shop Window and phone rings for ever without even a recorded message. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

Unbelievably the Cavan store is still not open. Tells you all you need to know about these shower. Let paddy pay our employees wages for another month or two. Terrible customer service. Zero update on website, No information on shop Window and phone rings for ever without even a recorded message. :mad:

Are they even taking online orders from Cavan?

Are they even taking online orders from Cavan?

Not that I'm aware off. Dreadful company.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

There are a lot of companies struggling to open at the moment.
    How do they, with this so called new normal? Lots of HSA stuff to implement.

It is even worse when there are some of their customers who are just selfish arseholes who demand the same service as before CoVid19 existed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

It is even worse when there are some of their customers who are just selfish arseholes who demand the same service as before CoVid19 existed.

Pretty much this. 95% of businesses are struggling to cope and customers are being mental with crazy demands.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

Pretty much this. 95% of businesses are struggling to cope and customers are being mental with crazy demands.

What have been doing the last few months? A local busy shop and local independent hardware had all the markings, screens and other setup done over one weekend at the start of the restrictions.

If a business was not prepared to open today it's just pure incompetence, or an intentional strategy to not have to pay employees.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

What have been doing the last few months? A local busy shop and local independent hardware had all the markings, screens and other setup done over one weekend at the start of the restrictions.

If a business was not prepared to open today it's just pure incompetence, or an intentional strategy to not have to pay employees.

Your post proves m th point I suppose.

Have you any idea the work that is going into having premises reopen?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

+1.

I've had customers complain about having to wait outside a shop in the heat and not being able to use toilet facilities citing that the outlet 'had lots of time to prepare'.

The customer wasn't best pleased when I agreed with him and suggested that he too had lots of time to prepare.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,230 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

My local one in Dublin has been grand anyway, no entry into the store so a decent sized queue outside. A couple of things I ordered via click and collect they rang me when it was ready, took a while in the queue to collect it but can't complain.

The guys did say they're a bit stretched, not helped when people are turning up to have punctures repaired.

Someone mentioned stock levels earlier in thread so it's possible they have consolidated the stock from traditionally less busy stores to the busier ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Frankie19

Heard most of the Irish stock got sent to the UK stores.there is a global shortage on bikes at the moment from most brands. Lack of production due to covid at the same time as a season changeover has led to shortages. They are all scrambling to bring forward the new season stuff.

The LBS's are getting drip fed stock so surprised with Halfords buying power they haven't been able to re stock those stores by now. They even have their own brands they surely could focus on producing. Surely given the boom time for bike shops at the moment it would be worthwhile opening for services alone. One LBS I use has a 2 week wait time for servicing at the moment and has brought in 2 additional mechanics.

Something tells me those stores still closed might not reopen. Its madness that they are missing out on what is probably the busiest time ever for bike shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Frankie19

Also most of their UK stores remained opened throughout lockdown as it was an essential service. They have the experience already of implementing what they needed in those stores to copy and paste here.

Bull**** they have no excuse. Large store with street frontage. Plenty of space for social distancing. The only selfish arseholes are them so you can shove your cheap personnel insults up you hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,570 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Bull**** they have no excuse. Large store with street frontage. Plenty of space for social distancing. They only selfish arseholes are them so you can shove your cheap personnel insults up you hole.

Chill.
    It’s a shop.

Just ship elsewhere or wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

What do you mean by that - or are you yet another venter that has lockdown fatigue and want to whine about anything and everything?

Wages make up about 6%-8% of a retail company's cost. Gov will not be paying rent for them or any other costs associated with retail.

But as is usual in border areas the stupid and archaic nationalistic sh1te raises its ugly head whenever some non Republic of Ireland business does not conform to what the local snowflakes want

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭fat bloke

It's a pity you didn't ask on here before buying, there aren't many recommendations on here for Halfords as a bike-shop generally speaking. Fine for walk-in pick up something basic in-stock sort of thing but for an 1000 euro spend I'd be looking at a proper local bike shop.
    Then again, I don't know how well Cavan is served in the LBS department.

Advertisement