Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appealing a yellow card

Options
  • 18-05-2020 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,464 ✭✭✭✭

I wish to appeal a yellow card issued today for this post https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=113472312&postcount=73

I have discussed it with the mod and told I can come to drp but they are not willing to reconsider.

The card was for being uncivil. I do not see that I was uncivil, the mod's view is 'calling the posters up until your post sour and bickering is certainly uncivil'. I described the thread as sour and bickering, I did not make any reference to individuals or groups of posters.

My post was that I was stupid for reading the thread, which was in the spirit of the title of the thread. I did describe the thread as sour and bickering. My error was in responding rather than reporting, but that is hardly yellow card territory, is it?

The mod said 'You attacked anyone who was debating the OP - you didn't specify users, but you specified a group of them.' My comment was in response to the entire thread, including the OP's post and following posts, I did not specify anyone, group or individual. I made a general observation on the tenor of the thread.

I was told that I could have posted something of substance to change the tenor of the thread. Any contribution that was 'on topic' would have implied that it is acceptable to call people stupid.

Granted, I should have just not posted at all, and if the OP's approach had been 'I have to deal with this person and its driving me nuts' I probably would not have bothered, but it was a general call out to be randomly insulting, and that irritated me to the extent that I responded.

I might add that there is no notification of an in-thread mod warning on the thread, and in fact having read the first few pages of the thread I was so irritated by it that I skipped a couple of pages and posted without seeing the warning, though I understand this is not an excuse.

I will forward the pm discussion when requested.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

I'll let the CMods know. One should be along shortly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Hello, looksee, I'll be dealing with this with you.

Seeing as you have already discussed the card with the mod, can you forward the PMs of that discussion to me or post them on here and I'll have a look at this today.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,464 ✭✭✭✭looksee

PMs forwarded.

Thanks, just received them now.

I'll have a look and get back to you later tonight, hopefully.

Hello, looksee, sorry about the delay getting back to you.

I'm going to ask for this card to be reversed for you.

While it could be argued you were taking a dig at previous posters, I think the swipe was mainly aimed at yourself on this occasion.

I'll also give a quick reminder to mods to add a note to the OP to make posters who mightn't read the whole thread aware that there is an added responsibility on them to abide by any mod warnings issued on threads. It's normally done on threads but was overlooked on this thread on this occasion.

Our apologies for the inconvenience and I'll ask that this thread be marked as resolved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,464 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Thank you for your time and attention to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Card lifted, marking this as resolved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement