Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warranty lapsed, during process

Options
  • 19-05-2020 9:51am

Does anyone know the procedure around going through a process to get a fix but the given warranty lapses during it?

I am talking months here, chasing a provider for information and they being very slow to respond.

Finally they attempt to pass it to the supplier who say that warranty period on goods has lapsed.

Now I have documented evidence going back well into the warranty period but they are saying "Sorry, warranty expired"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

if you reported issue before warranty end and can prove the date, there should be no dispute.

However using the small claims court procedure and sale of goods and supply act usually has a far longer term than the limited warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Depending on the item the warranty might be irrelevant. I got Samsung up replace a TV that was well out of guarantee because it was a known fault. There's an expectancy of certain lifespan of items

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭maxsmum

Hi in my experience calling the supplier out on social media can help if something is just outside warranty but would be expected to last longer. It worked getting a replacement for me on a couple of things. But as others say, sometimes things just go beyond a life expectancy.

if you reported issue before warranty end and can prove the date, there should be no dispute.

However using the small claims court procedure and sale of goods and supply act usually has a far longer term than the limited warranty.

It's my roof and I have actually even have proof, with my solicitor, from an engineers report going well back into the warranty period and also emails, from the builder, from inside.

Value rules out SCC, unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 23,368 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

It's my roof and I have actually even have proof, with my solicitor, from an engineers report going well back into the warranty period and also emails, from the builder, from inside.

Value rules out SCC, unfortunately

Slates i presume. Problems all over the country.

• Advertisement

mickdw wrote: »
    Slates i presume. Problems all over the country.

Indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 23,368 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

What i find is that the company will eventually send a surveyor and the intension there is to find any non compliance within the roof construction whether it be marginally reduced ventilation, loose slate clamps, over tight slate clamps etc and then produce a report stating thst the fault is down to constructiin defect. Its complete horse sh1t but in all the cases ive seen, this is the approach they take.
    If you persist, they generally then offer to paint the slates - I would never accept this - its a mess.
    Many that ive seen drop it at that stage. I know of one roof only with all slates replaced free.
    A solicitor should immediately be able to deal with the warranty expired bullsh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Cerco

IMOH if your solicitor is already involved then you should let them deal with it.
    Follow their advice for best results as the sum involved appears to be significant.

P.s. not sure how the emoticon was added above....not done on purpose ....don’t know how to remove

Solicitor isn't involved, they just have a notarised copy of my engineer's report (during purchase)

It highlights that the issue is from before their manufacturer's warranty lapsed

Advertisement