Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

On-line booking facility for Societies.

Options
  • 19-05-2020 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Folks,
    In anticipation of the looser restrictions that will allow non-members play golf, our golf society is considering a return to golf. We normally run a league over the course of the Summer, nine holes every Thursday evening and your best 8 games out of 15 games count. Normally, people play in flights determined how they arrive at the course but that obviously wont be allowed in future and we will need to submit timesheets in advance and retain for 6 weeks.
    Does anyone know of anyway of running a timesheet online: basic and cheap are the main considerations . We use BRS at our club, but it would be totally overkill for this situation. Any thoughts welcome ?
    Thanks
    Barns.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭BoldReason

You could use Google sheets set up a spreadsheet type timesheet. Would do the job for what you need I'd imagine and link could be shared with group allowing read/write access to all who have the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Barnseire

Thanks for that. That could be a nice easy solution !

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭CFG92

There's a function on BRS which allows clubs give the organiser access to the relevant part of the timesheet only. It's set up through 'golf events' on the club's admin dashboard. They can then send you out a link and the login details. The organiser can populate it with the names and that way the club knows who's playing and at what time. A screenshot of the timesheet from the organiser into the society WhatsApp etc. can get the timesheet out to the players.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Barnseire

Thanks, I was hoping to get the guys to populate a timesheet themsleves and not leave it for the organisers to arrange the flights. Even if we organsie our own timesheet, we might have to end up doing that anyway so the club have the records for 6 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭CFG92

Barnseire wrote: »
    Thanks, I was hoping to get the guys to populate a timesheet themsleves and not leave it for the organisers to arrange the flights. Even if we organsie our own timesheet, we might have to end up doing that anyway so the club have the records for 6 weeks.

I suppose you could give the login details to all the members of the society so they can book their own tee time... Would make it much easier for the organiser.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

Barnseire wrote: »
    Folks,
    In anticipation of the looser restrictions that will allow non-members play golf, our golf society is considering a return to golf. We normally run a league over the course of the Summer, nine holes every Thursday evening and your best 8 games out of 15 games count. Normally, people play in flights determined how they arrive at the course but that obviously wont be allowed in future and we will need to submit timesheets in advance and retain for 6 weeks.
    Does anyone know of anyway of running a timesheet online: basic and cheap are the main considerations . We use BRS at our club, but it would be totally overkill for this situation. Any thoughts welcome ?
    Thanks
    Barns.

Hi Barns

We are opening up our tee sheet to societies next month. It will take online payments for yearly fees, payments for events and 2’s. With the ability to book in to your own events

PM me if you want Costs

Advertisement