Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stray cats booby trapping the garden

• 19-05-2020 1:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭

My girlfriend is tortured with cats coming into her garden to do their no 2s.
    She has nothing in the garden to attract them and although my dog hanging out in the garden helped a bit, since the lock down its gone back to the way it was.
    Has anyone had success getting cats to avoid their garden or at the very least, to crap somewhere else?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,053 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Yes - these are great. I got them when we the neighbours cat was pooing in garden non stop and not a problem since. Lucy was sick at the time and I didn't want her eating it and it had also become an issue when my mam was gardening and finding poo in the flower bed. The first night my cctv caught a very satisfying video of the cat running out of the garden like the clappers :D I think lidl or aldi had them a few weeks ago too? You can get solar power ones but the batteries in these lasted 6 months.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00FXSU2WK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

Bottles half full of water and lemon rinds around the boundary worked for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭PacMan

I had issues like this happening in my garden in the past. Thankfully it stopped.
    My Doggie used to bark at the cats, and they would move along quickly.

have you considered getting a dog ?
    They are the most beautiful of companions
    Kind and full of love.

And they will bark at the cat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

I have a dog but Its my girlfriend that has this problem at her house post lockdown as I think before that the presence and smell of my dog helped make the cats stay away.
    She was quite impressive here last week, a strange cat came around looking to start a fight with my own cat and the dog charged straight by our cat at the new cat. My dog scares lots of grown men so god knows what the cat thought seeing 30kg of whiteness coming charging out of the dark!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

tk123 wrote: »

Would they bother neighbours at all? We have issues in one of our business premises with cats and cant get anything to get rid of them but theres houses right beside us

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,053 ✭✭✭✭tk123

neris wrote: »
    Would they bother neighbours at all? We have issues in one of our business premises with cats and cant get anything to get rid of them but theres houses right beside us

I've had no complaints from my neighbours. They light up when you walk past/towards the garden, I can hear like a feint clicking when I'm beside them but my mam can't hear anything at all. When I first got them Bailey did a head tilt looking at them.... and Lucy barked :pac: but after the first day they didn't seem to notice them.

Advertisement