Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Grieving Kitty

• 19-05-2020 3:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I lost one of my cats 2 weeks ago, he left behind a sister, both the same litter 18 months old.

She's very upset by it all, looking for him at night and very needy in general, she misses him a lot.

My concern is, I find it hard to know if she's trying to get attention because she's sad/lonely or if I could miss if she could be sick. I think maybe I'm just very sentitive.

Has anyone dealt with this before? Any tips on how to help her through it?

At least we're at home for now to watch her and play but her behaviour is very subdued compared to before.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

We lost one of our cats, they had been together for 3 years but she died from mouth cancer.

The remaining cat was very down for a few months and got quite spoiled in that time. He now has a new companion, about 9 months. They are getting on great and he’s in top form again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

_Brian wrote: »
    We lost one of our cats, they had been together for 3 years but she died from mouth cancer.

The remaining cat was very down for a few months and got quite spoiled in that time. He now has a new companion, about 9 months. They are getting on great and he’s in top form again.

Thanks, we're not sure about if it's a good idea to get another cat, we will probably keep that as a decision for the future.

She's definitely getting spoiled but she's so stressed otherwise. We've ordered her a big cat tree, hoping that the change in her room will help her develop a new routine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

GingerLily wrote: »
    Thanks, we're not sure about if it's a good idea to get another cat, we will probably keep that as a decision for the future.

She's definitely getting spoiled but she's so stressed otherwise. We've ordered her a big cat tree, hoping that the change in her room will help her develop a new routine.

We held off for a while to let him grieve in peace without a kitten trying to make him play.
    But ultimately he is very happy now with company.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,053 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Bailey is the same. He was very quiet at first and seemed to be looking for Lucy. Where before he was pleasant enough if a dog came over he wasn't really bothered about approaching other dogs to greet them... now since she's been gone he's very interested in greeting other dogs and sometimes wants to play with them. We'll be getting a pup once the corona madness has settled down. He had a companion for 7 years so seems unfair to leave him on his own. I also want him to do some of the training for me as he was a good teacher to Lucy lol

Advertisement