Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

More 4

• 19-05-2020 4:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have satellite free view and all works well except More 4. When I go to that channel I have no picture. More 4 +1 works fine.

Is it a geo lock thing and I’m wasting my time or can it be received somehow?

Give an LG smart tv with satellite direct to the built in receiver.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Should be fine for everyone. Have you tried unplugging and plugging it back in again? Sometimes that'll fix a "missing" channel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

There are 2 versions of More4 on Satellite. One has UK ads and is Free-to-air and the second one has Irish Ads which is only available on Sky

The free version is on 10936 V 22000 5/6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

There are 2 versions of More4 on Satellite. One has UK ads and is Free-to-air and the second one has Irish Ads which is only available on Sky

The free version is on 10936 V 22000 5/6

Yeah it’s not sky that I have. Weird though that I have more 4 +1 no?

jarvis wrote: »
    Yeah it’s not sky that I have. Weird though that I have more 4 +1 no?

More4 +1 only has one version and it's Free-to-air and is on a different frequency. Did u try the tuning details above?

More4 +1 only has one version and it's Free-to-air and is on a different frequency. Did u try the tuning details above?

Yes. No joy. It finds the channel actually but it’s a blank screen and no epg

• Advertisement

Even weirder now. I’ve a Sony tv in another room hooked up to the same dish and also built in reviver on tv. It has More 4!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Comer1

Resurrecting this old thread as I'm having the same problem. Was a resolution to this More4 problem found?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭Elvis Hammond

It's on the transponder detailed in post #3. Shouldn't be any problem getting it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,577 ✭✭✭swoofer

10936 V 22000 5/6. QPSK. Can you put in all the parameters? What box are you uisng??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Comer1

swoofer wrote: »
    10936 V 22000 5/6. QPSK. Can you put in all the parameters? What box are you uisng??

Sorted, I had been doing that but hadn't been adding it to the bouquet.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭PJtharsaile

I'm not seeing More4, but do get More4+1, on any of two Sony Bravia TVs and one Hauppauge Win-TV Nova DVB-S tuner in my LibreElec PC. All I can tell TVs to do is rescan, which I've done, without result :-(

It's been like this for a while.

TVHeadend sees the channel but... no signal.

#DESCRIPTION More4
    #SERVICE 1:0:1:2094:808:2:11A0000:0:0:0

#DESCRIPTION More4+1
    #SERVICE 1:0:1:240E:7F9:2:11A0000:0:0:0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

I'm not seeing More4, but do get More4+1, on any of two Sony Bravia TVs and one Hauppauge Win-TV Nova DVB-S tuner in my LibreElec PC. All I can tell TVs to do is rescan, which I've done, without result :-(

It's been like this for a while.

TVHeadend sees the channel but... no signal.

#DESCRIPTION More4
    #SERVICE 1:0:1:2094:808:2:11A0000:0:0:0

#DESCRIPTION More4+1
    #SERVICE 1:0:1:240E:7F9:2:11A0000:0:0:0

2094:808 is the correct More 4.

If you are getting no signal perhaps there is a problem with the LNB. Are you missing any other low band vertical channels?

No, not missing any other channels AFAIK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Ch4 NI (sd), E4+1 and Film4+1 are on the same TP
    If you can get them you should be able to get More 4

Thanks.

Can't find Channel 4 NI in the list of channels tuned but ... E4+1 and Film 4+1 do show up and don't work. Seems I haven't tried to tune them before.

I have a "Sky" LNB with 4 connectors.

Faulty?

I can probably live with it a bit longer. More4 is the only one of those we watch.

However, if I did want it replaced any advice on what I should specify? A quick look at freetv.ie makes me wonder if I should use a Quad LNB with terrestrial input. If it merges inputs might allow me to get rid of a diplexer in the attic used to get both terrestrial and satellite to the bedroom.

The dish is pretty rusty and is about 10 years old; the LNB is newer, 7 years I think.

Try 10714 H 22000 5/6 as More4 +1 is on that frequency

Advertisement