Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kevlar jeans: the good, the bad and the rip-off

Options
  • 19-05-2020 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

Looking for advice on kevlar jeans, as I don't want to boil now it's summer.

As a BAB, I'm a bit sceptical about a lot of 'innovations' around motorcycles, but I think this is one that makes a lot of sense. But I'm also a bit of a tightwad, and resistant to spending a lot of dosh on brands, and some of the prices would make your eyes water. I know, you pays your money, and you want to be safe, but are there any options out there where you might not pay through the nose?

I always feel better when I can thwart the system and get something non-brand/Chinese that works, but I realise that might be a tall order in this case.

I've seen a lot of variety but also fakery in choices online. 'Kevlar' meaning minimal bits of lining inside and suchlike.

Any words of wisdom and/or experience?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Breezin

Well I guess I should have put 'missile trousers' in the title! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,979 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I have kevlar jeans, worn them probably 30 times id day. Then i realised these would be ****e in an accident regardless of how kevlary they are.
    So went back to my textiles.
    If your getting hot. Your not going fast enough. :)

listermint wrote: »
    i realised these would be ****e in an accident regardless of how kevlary they are.

Cheers. I've obviously dropped the scepticism ball and just assumed they would work! Maybe it is all BS.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

It is a bit yeah, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

I have a pair of biker jeans myself but for short trips only as I do not think they would offer up much protection in the event of a slide or worse.
    Highways ll, bike jeans got them off the internet from a German bike shop.

Dan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭dubal2008

Megabikes have good Oxford pairs with hip and knee protection and made from a one layer new type of material, approx €130

I have a pair of biker jeans myself but for short trips only as I do not think they would offer up much protection in the event of a slide or worse.
    Highways ll, bike jeans got them off the internet from a German bike shop.

Makes sense... I wouldn't want to use them for longer trips. Just afternoon stuff/essential shopping.
    dubal2008 wrote: »
    Megabikes have good Oxford pairs with hip and knee protection and made from a one layer new type of material, approx €130

Sounds good. Might check them out for the birthday list (don't ask :().

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭dubal2008

Hey i'm 57 this year so none of us are getting younger

Advertisement