Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tree Branch Removal Query

Options
  • 19-05-2020 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭

I had a look around the forum and google and found contradicting information so hoping this post will help. We recently moved in to a new house with a back garden and an adjacent large company behind us. The company has large trees along the back wall which have large branches over our back garden and blocking almost all of the sunlight. We'd like to remove these branches but don't want to damage the trees. From what I found it is best to have a tree surgeon perform this, so I am wondering if anyone could provide an estimated cost of labor and some guidance on how best to proceed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Stephen93

Doff wrote: »
    I had a look around the forum and google and found contradicting information so hoping this post will help. We recently moved in to a new house with a back garden and an adjacent large company behind us. The company has large trees along the back wall which have large branches over our back garden and blocking almost all of the sunlight. We'd like to remove these branches but don't want to damage the trees. From what I found it is best to have a tree surgeon perform this, so I am wondering if anyone could provide an estimated cost of labor and some guidance on how best to proceed.

Hi Doff,
    You're exactly right. Getting a qualified arborist or tree surgeon is the right way to go and will save you a lot of hassle. As the trees are not yours you can only cut them as far as your property line. To prune the trees correctly back to the tree you would have to seek permission from the tree owners behind you.

Good arborist companies etc. Will provide a free quotation for a job usually. They can advise you on the aspect of your garden and maybe crown thinning of the trees could also be done to allow more light in to your garden.

My advice would be to may e try get in touch with someone in the building's behind and let them know your problem. Ideally they may go halves with you and allow a full inspection and scope of work to be done on the trees rather than them just being pruned to your property line.

As regards price it is hard to tell without knowing tree species, access for removal, tree condition and full scope of work.

Whichever arborist or company you choose make sure they have relevant qualifications or are part of a group such as ISA, AA or TCIA etc.

Let me know if I can help any more.

Advertisement