Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plant combination suggestions

Options
  • 19-05-2020 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭

I’m experimenting with updating one of my borders. At the moment I have salvia, lupins, scabious, agastache and catmint seeds almost ready to plant in. Any other suggestions as what I could add? Maybe something leafy to contrast the lupins? It’s full sun. The colour scheme is purple/ blue. Would something silvery/white be nice to make the salvia pop? I was maybe considering a few snow in summer cerastium plants. Are there any hostas for full sun instead of shade?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭macraignil

Not sure weather there are hostas that suit full sun as I just read about them being a good choice for shade. The white colour in full sun made me think of lamb's ear plant (stachys byzantina), cotton lavender (santolina chamaecyparissus) and curry plant (helichrysum italicum) but maybe other types of lavender might be an option as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭SnowyMuckish

I just looked those up the lambs ear looks lovely!

Advertisement