Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2021 - Cancelled :( **No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rubick

Jedward are going to be booked for the next EP, aren't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭endainoz

rubick wrote: »
    Jedward are going to be booked for the next EP, aren't they?

Oh definitely, and they'll draw a crowd too. Surely they have been there before

• Registered Users Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

endainoz wrote: »
    Oh definitely, and they'll draw a crowd too. Surely they have been there before

Pretty sure they've not been. And please lads, don't make this a campaign, however entertainingly ironic it may be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rubick

Jedward and The Corr Sisters, Electric Ireland Stage, gotta be there!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭endainoz

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Pretty sure they've not been. And please lads, don't make this a campaign, however entertainingly ironic it may be.

Sorry mate, the mob has spoken.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

endainoz wrote: »
    Sorry mate, the mob has spoken.

for the greater good.

Jr5cFla.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,544 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

What the E.P. is all about for me...

https://youtu.be/zBfs0mPiO3M

Snarky Snark Snark

373 Sleeps

Stillill42 wrote: »
    I'd take Gavin James in my underpants in the snow if it meant a bit of live music now, Seathrun.

Following that logic I decided to head to a festival here in the Slovak hills this weekend. All outdoors, numbers more than halved to 1,200 for Covid regulations and some pretty average music. But hey, there's the odd decent act, a drum 'n' bass stage and pints for €1.80. Second half of vid is better. It ain't EP, but then again what is.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

https://www.nme.com/news/music/reading-leeds-festival-boss-2021-line-up-tickets-testing-melvin-benn-interview-2739191

So looks like only one headliner from Reading will be the same next year and adding 2nd main stage (taking the place of the 2nd stage). Wonder will he try something similar at EP (although im guessing it would mean moving to the 2nd stage further away to the main stage.

Also Reading/Leeds line up announcement on Monday, If Rage are announced then it pretty much confirms them for EP next year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Following that logic I decided to head to a festival here in the Slovak hills this weekend. All outdoors, numbers more than halved to 1,200 for Covid regulations and some pretty average music. But hey, there's the odd decent act, a drum 'n' bass stage and pints for €1.80. Second half of vid is better. It ain't EP, but then again what is.

Looks fun Seath they could have chosen some better music for the soundtrack though. Finding it tough this year, just scraping by on the dole, no session gigs, going out busking when I can, can't even afford the pandemic weed prices which is depressing. Normally bound for Stradbally tomorrow to work the week build up. Will write a retrospective piece but more a cursory line on each year rather than the B&S retro plus I'll be going back five years to 2005 before I started working for the festival. Will start the tap tappity tap on the keyboard either on Monday or Tuesday god willing I get some affordable green too. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

https://www.nme.com/news/music/reading-leeds-festival-boss-2021-line-up-tickets-testing-melvin-benn-interview-2739191

So looks like only one headliner from Reading will be the same next year and adding 2nd main stage (taking the place of the 2nd stage). Wonder will he try something similar at EP (although im guessing it would mean moving to the 2nd stage further away to the main stage.

Also Reading/Leeds line up announcement on Monday, If Rage are announced then it pretty much confirms them for EP next year

I actually don't see the point in festivals announcing bills next year until there's a clear resolution to this current pandemic.

I actually don't see the point in festivals announcing bills next year until there's a clear resolution to this current pandemic.

Im guessing they hope people will buy tickets or people who held on to their tickets wont ask for a refund?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Bd, I think promotors in general will be doing everything possible to plough ahead. I can even see whacky proposals around testing of punters before and again on entry.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,186 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Don't pay the ferry man...

Chemicals have have just came on stage...do it again..hope everyone is having just as good an alt EP Saturday night..

All I wanted was a little fun.....bang my drum...do it again...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,186 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Trumpets..

Snarky Snark Snark

Think you're a week early mate.

Don't pay the ferry man...

Chemicals have have just came on stage...do it again..hope everyone is having just as good an alt EP Saturday night..

All I wanted was a little fun.....bang my drum...do it again...

Oh my god, what have you done?

Accurate, bar the lazy Oxegen reference.

And I guess I'm the only poster here yet to see King Kong Company.

http://https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/music/without-electric-picnic-summer-s-end-seems-strange-1.4335951

Snarky Snark Snark

one to many https:// there boss

• Advertisement

So gigs with no booze available, that's gonna be strange, I suppose folk will get trollied beforehand plus cram as many drugs into their system. https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/government-considering-allowing-alcohol-free-music-events-to-go-ahead-1.4342423

• Registered Users Posts: 3,692 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Fair play. In my experience, people always respond well to being treated like bold kids.

I mean if their aim is to allow venues to start operating as a business again, do they really think this is a runner?

I understand the logic behind. Sober people are more likely to behave themselves and practice social distancing. Plus it is safer for the staff for that reason, and the fact that the place won't be heaving with people asking them to get 15 pints in for the gig.

I'd prefer if things weren't this way, but frankly at this stage, i'd take it!

Looks like Rage wont be at EP next year, Reading has announced a fairly woeful headliners bar one.

Liam G
    QOTSA
    Stormzy
    Post Malone (3 years in a row)
    Catfish and the Bottlemen
    Disclosure.

Would love to see Queens at EP

Of course I'll take it, Everlast. I just think that if social distancing is still being enforced, venues are capable of serving tables in a responsible way and punters are capable of behaving themselves. In what venue will it be viable to put on a gig and social distance without ANY revenue from the bar?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Looks like Rage wont be at EP next year, Reading has announced a fairly woeful headliners bar one.

Liam G
    QOTSA
    Stormzy
    Post Malone (3 years in a row)
    Catfish and the Bottlemen
    Disclosure.

Would love to see Queens at EP

6 headliners that I'd pass up without to much bother, gutted about RATM.

Even though last time Queens played Ireland they werent great (Royal Blood two days later blew them out of the water) id still take them out of that bunch of meh. Yea its a pity no Rage

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Of course I'll take it, Everlast. I just think that if social distancing is still being enforced, venues are capable of serving tables in a responsible way and punters are capable of behaving themselves. In what venue will it be viable to put on a gig and social distance without ANY revenue from the bar?

Things are a bit raw after Berlin on Dame Street. But you're right. They could put a two drink price included with the ticket and work it that way.

Anyway, "slowly slowly catchy monkey". It would be one step further to getting gigs back.

(There is a whole other topic of the difference/ pros and cons between experiencing gigs sober and drunk)

• Advertisement

C9BD2A26-BE18-4A05-8F13-50F40108EEB0.jpeg.99f0169187e2445088b997e87e369d24.jpeg

Advertisement