Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2021 - Cancelled :( **No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭showpony1

Hi All, haven't really been around the thread since the cancellation.
    would have been my 8th EP and 7th in a row today.

With the staggering of the dates over the years my snapchat and instagram memories have been bombarded on daily basis over the last week with pictures and video clips of gigs at EP from the past few years!

Very hard to imagine should be just arriving in pink moon now for the first can!

I saw a lot of stations appear to be doing radio tributes - is there nothing on RTE television? you'd think they'd have a fair bit of footage.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭desk tidy

rubick wrote: »
    Did Bodytonic not have a set-up as late on as 2011/12? Pretty sure I remember them in the Woods. As much as i can remember the Woods, of course.

I think 2008 was their last year. There was a dance village in Oscar Wilde, with a Twisted Pepper stage, Bernard Shaw stage and Bodytonic.
    The top map is 2008 with the dance village in the campsite, bottom one is 2009 with no Bodytonic.

ep2008fullmap2.png

ep2009arenasite.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

rubick wrote: »
    Did Bodytonic not have a set-up as late on as 2011/12? Pretty sure I remember them in the Woods. As much as i can remember the Woods, of course.

Didn't realise they were involved later, I know they went on to have a few successful years running Beatyard Festival.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Just looking at the bodytonic ep lineups, goodness me. Boys like Weatherall, Garnier, Francois K, Josh Wink, Derrick Carter, Mr Scruff, Derrick May. What a time to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Kepler21

showpony1 wrote: »
    I saw a lot of stations appear to be doing radio tributes - is there nothing on RTE television? you'd think they'd have a fair bit of footage.

RTE2FM are doing EP stuff on Radio.
    The Late Late Show will have a nod to Electric Picnic, which seems to be Snow Patrol and the Frank and Walters.
    I probably won't bother.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

desk tidy wrote: »
    I think 2008 was their last year. There was a dance village in Oscar Wilde, with a Twisted Pepper stage, Bernard Shaw stage and Bodytonic.
    The top map is 2008 with the dance village in the campsite, bottom one is 2009 with no Bodytonic.

ep2008fullmap2.png

ep2009arenasite.jpg

I think 2008 was the last year for them, I vaguely remember their tent basically getting commandeered by people who refused to leave it. It was a much different EP back then ref security.

Robert Plant 2013.

Bat For Lashes 2012.

DJ Shadow 2011. A very short clip.

The Eels 2013.

The Undertones 2011. Another short one. 2FM started making the streams shorter, at the starting of EP they used to broadcast the full sets.

Fatfrog wrote: »
    I think 2008 was the last year for them, I vaguely remember their tent basically getting commandeered by people who refused to leave it. It was a much different EP back then ref security.

I seem to remember long drops up there at the side/back of Wilde too. But they were the only ones on the site as far as I could tell, and they were gone the next year.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Kkc were due to be playing the main stage at some point today, as well as RATM. Mark the Drummer was on today FM earlier. Said "slate is wiped clean" in relation to lineup, unlike body and soul, no automatic transfer of acts from 20 to 21.

As much as I love kkc live, they suit smaller packed, intense venues, just cant see main stage during daylight working for them, + if televised it would look like a joke.

Id say they might have put them on after RATM tbh for the late night dance slot or maybe on before them if RTJ were'nt subbing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Navan Man01

****in hell Scruff, that’s d first I’ve laughed day! Classic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Full day work then a few hours of painting meant i stayed away from here until now. Having read the posts feeling very melancholy but focussing on the great times i had, the wonderful people i have met (many from here) and the hope for more memories in the future. On the beer now so at least some connection to friday at ep. Stay strong all.

Coronas were also due to play the Main Stage tonight , so im guessing they would have been on before Rage then KKC after?

Would have been a disaster having KKC on at like 5 or 6pm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Coronas were also due to play the Main Stage tonight , so im guessing they would have been on before Rage then KKC after?

Well thank god it was off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,692 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Every cloud etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭endainoz

LCD set from 2007 on 2fm shortly

Other voices has been class tonight, Denise Chalia is a legend in the making.
    Reckon she'll play EA next year.

Andy Weatherall / 2ManyDJS / Soulwax / Sparks - Electric Picnic 2006.

When link opens you'll see a media player just right click on that and save as audio. :)

Orbital 2012.

Crystal Castles - Yes No - Electric Picnic 2008. (Can't find full set.)

Poorside wrote: »
    Well thank god it was off.
    Stillill42 wrote: »
    Every cloud etc.

Ah at this stage id take a 2 hour slot of the Coronas if it meant being in Stradbally right now ready for day two
    Other voices has been class tonight, Denise Chalia is a legend in the making.
    Reckon she'll play EA next year.

Caught her on that Songs from an empty room a few weeks back and thought she was amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭HarryTheSpider

How did everyone sleep last night?

The rave in the woods was still in full swing when we got back to ECO about 3. I was fairly wrecked, so I slept like a baby anyway (no, not crying and wetting myself. :) )

Breakfast in the Hurly Burly and chilling in Trailer Park at the moment.

What are everyones plans for the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭HarryTheSpider

Just listening to Seasick Steve's set from BD's links.

I remember at the end, himself and the drummer were coming down to the barrier and somehow the drummer slipped and ended up falling (half) into the big tanks of water they were keeping there.

I must see if I can dig some old photos up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,692 ✭✭✭Stillill42

The rave in the woods was still in full swing when we got back to ECO about 3. I was fairly wrecked, so I slept like a baby anyway (no, not crying and wetting myself. :) )

That's not helping, Harry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

I don't like too much nostalgia, and it's been too much with the radio stations. We got to look forward, not back!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭s8n

mate, you do know EP isnt real this year, yeah ??

is everything ok at home ?

s8n wrote: »
    mate, you do know EP isnt real this year, yeah ??

is everything ok at home ?

Wow, here's the fun police.

Everyone scatter.

Just found the video file of the EP 2015 broadcast so will be watching some of that tonight, some Blur and Future Islands. :)

Did anyone tune into the Late Late Show last night for this EP special, what was the radio like were they playing full sets from the years. Listened to the Orbital set from 2012, Bat for Lashes from 2012 (I realise there is some blackouts during some of the songs, I think it was the iplayer zonking out while I was recording). And to close of the night the absolutely thumping late Andy Weatherall going into another stomper with 2ManyDJS and Soulwax and closing with two and a half tracks by Sparks in the Crawdaddy tent from the 2006 Picnic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭s8n

Wow, here's the fun police.

Everyone scatter.

How do you mean ?

Advertisement