Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2021 - Cancelled :( **No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭endainoz

Got to see The Walls in Hotel Doolin last night, great gig was quite worried initially as due to dumb guidelines they were only allowed to have it outside with an audience limited to only 15. But despite the atrocious weather, we were well covered from the rain overhead and plenty of wind breakers, and stove heaters at each table, it may as well have been indoors!

The gig itself was great fun too, a semi acoustic selection of a mixture of Walls and stunning classics. Romeo's on fire was my highlight, but it was great to be out at a gig again!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

rubick wrote: »
    I feel a good indication of just how desperate punters are for live gigs is shown in how Scooter have put on a second concert in Belfast due to demand.

I'm actually slightly worried about the timing and the Belfast only shows ;) could you imagine....put on my ravin shoes an I boarded the plane! "R ya havin a gud nite bud....."

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I feel a good indication of just how desperate punters are for live gigs is shown in how Scooter have put on a second concert in Belfast due to demand.
    They just don't make classics like this anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

endainoz wrote: »
    Got to see The Walls in Hotel Doolin last night, great gig was quite worried initially as due to dumb guidelines they were only allowed to have it outside with an audience limited to only 15. But despite the atrocious weather, we were well covered from the rain overhead and plenty of wind breakers, and stove heaters at each table, it may as well have been indoors!

The gig itself was great fun too, a semi acoustic selection of a mixture of Walls and stunning classics. Romeo's on fire was my highlight, but it was great to be out at a gig again!

That sounds class, love Romeo's on fire.
    So happy I went to see Denise Chalia the day the new lockdowns were announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Got the email yesterday about Mick Flannerys gig being only 15 too :(
    really hoping i got in there quick enough to be one of those 15!

So is there need to bring rain gear or is it really practically inside?

• Advertisement

mimimcmc wrote: »
    Got the email yesterday about Mick Flannerys gig being only 15 too :(
    really hoping i got in there quick enough to be one of those 15!

So is there need to bring rain gear or is it really practically inside?

No need for rain gear unless you need to stay dry for the walk from your car to the front door!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Will he perform Back in the UK or Back in Ireland?? Come on scooter, it's time to nail your colours to the mast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭rubick

griffdaddy wrote: »
    Will he perform Back in the UK or Back in Ireland?? Come on scooter, it's time to nail your colours to the mast.

I'm happy in the knowledge that I will not find out until the headlines the next day accompanied by images of the aftermath of recreational rioting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,691 ✭✭✭Stillill42

A few nice gigs being live streamed by Whelan's over the festive period. These Charming Men might get us dreaming of those balmy Salty Dog evenings again. Here's to it, folks.

http://www.whelanslive.com/index.php/streams/?fbclid=IwAR0gE2GRIzJ3nwCJzhIf0tl_SpozB0yvsjAzg9EekFe-NxL4gEg3TSOxU5U

• Registered Users Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Stillill42 wrote: »
    A few nice gigs being live streamed by Whelan's over the festive period. These Charming Men might get us dreaming of those balmy Salty Dog evenings again. Here's to it, folks.

http://www.whelanslive.com/index.php/streams/?fbclid=IwAR0gE2GRIzJ3nwCJzhIf0tl_SpozB0yvsjAzg9EekFe-NxL4gEg3TSOxU5U

Some great stuff there. Something Happens the icing and hopefully get to see them soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭showpony1

Bono & The Edge "busking" on the Late Late this friday, great to see.

showpony1 wrote: »
    Bono & The Edge "busking" on the Late Late this friday, great to see.

Hard to spot sarcasm in a forum!

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Kepler21

Excellent; many thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

ha.... "Smith’s tribute act These Charming Men show us why they have such a cult following on the 27th. And we can enjoy all the Morrissey and Smiths classics without the guilt :)."

Appropriate level of shade being thrown ...

Anyone been looking at getting a ticket for "Hibernacle"? It's a "virtual winter festival" being filmed in Doolin currently with tickets available Thursday to Sunday. The images and videos being shown so far look really cool.

I believe some of it is recorded and some will be done live as the streams go on.

https://hibernacle.ie/

I'll probably get a ticket for one of the nights, hopefully they'll release some sort of a schedule before then. Very proud to be a local for this one. (Yes I do believe Doolin has really become a cool as fcuk spot recently, but we always knew that ourselves. :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Anyone been looking at getting a ticket for "Hibernacle"? It's a "virtual winter festival" being filmed in Doolin currently with tickets available Thursday to Sunday. The images and videos being shown so far look really cool.

I believe some of it is recorded and some will be done live as the streams go on.

https://hibernacle.ie/

I'll probably get a ticket for one of the nights, hopefully they'll release some sort of a schedule before then. Very proud to be a local for this one. (Yes I do believe Doolin has really become a cool as fcuk spot recently, but we always knew that ourselves. :) )

Doolin has always been cool.

Doolin has always been cool.

Well I wouldn't be one to brag but.....

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

ha.... "Smith’s tribute act These Charming Men show us why they have such a cult following on the 27th. And we can enjoy all the Morrissey and Smiths classics without the guilt :)."

Appropriate level of shade being thrown ...

Is there a mix-at-home teenager kicking kit with the ticket price? Contains a cardboard teenager, a novelty sized boot and a 460 page booklet explaining in painful detail how "there is a light" is scientifically proven to be better than everything released since 2015 put together?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,691 ✭✭✭Stillill42

The Róisín Dubh doing a free gig every night, Autre Monde on this evening and other goodies, access at 8pm via their Facebook page.

December 22 - Autre Monde

December 23 - Steven Sharpe

December 24 - Daithí with Sinéad White

December 26 - Mary Coughlan

December 27 - Seamus Fogarty

December 28 - Dylan Murphy Music

December 29 - Slow Place Like Home

December 30 - Paddy Hanna

December 31 - John Conneely Inc.

• Advertisement

Some great ones there, Daithi on Christmas Eve could be an option.

Some great ones there, Daithi on Christmas Eve could be an option.

Seamus Fogarty always excellent and Mary Coughlan I've great time for. Autre Monde tonight are very good but I could have done with more of the great keyboard stuff from their album.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭LowOdour

A bit premeture, but some goodies going into the attic this evening, to be stored away until the weekend of EP2021....

First guess wins a prize!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭s8n

LowOdour wrote: »
    A bit premeture, but some goodies going into the attic this evening, to be stored away until the weekend of EP2021....

First guess wins a prize!

Bales of weed, MMDA & Coke ?

s8n wrote: »
    Bales of weed, MMDA & Coke ?

Em, no...but that makes my 24 cans of both bulmers and Heineken seem a little underwhelming now :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

LowOdour wrote: »
    Em, no...but that makes my 24 cans of both bulmers and Heineken seem a little underwhelming now :-(

I'm sure you have already but Check the best before date!!!

Fatfrog wrote: »
    I'm sure you have already but Check the best before date!!!

Yep, 11/21 so should be ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Merry Xmas good people hope you all have a great day and stay safe.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Happy Christmas Bodhrandude, and everyone else.

Also, for those of us who profess no particular faith, happy friday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Watched a rake of Glastonbury on you tube today....don’t know wether it killed me or cured me tbh

Bodhrandude...currently watching you’re Todd terje that you put up...never stop recording!

Advertisement