Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2021 - Cancelled :( **No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Fatfrog wrote: »

I'll be done by June, I'll have a can at SD for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

EP will be 50% capacity with just the vaccinated old folk.

Come on lads .. its not going to happen this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭endainoz

While things don't look that positive for sure, I won't be writing it off for a couple of months yet. It is still January after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭rubick

Everyone hanging around the EP Thread looking for drugs.

Outrageous.

The key about that vaccine calculator thingy is it's going by the assumption that 40 odd thousand a week would be getting it. The big change will happen assuming the Astrazeneca vaccine gets approved at the end of this month. The big difference is that it does not need the extreme cold storage so it can be kept in GP offices and pharmacies.

The government say that will bring the pace per week up to 100,000. While that remains to be seen if we reach this target, it is good cause for optimism.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,692 ✭✭✭Stillill42

I can't take it anymore. Will we ever get to talk about a **** line up again? They were happy days, weren't they? Oh to go back to bitching about Gavin again!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Whatever happens with vaccine supply etc there is no way on earth EP is happening this year

Last year while we knew it wasn't going ahead, we did think sure look we have EP21. That for one kept me going
    This lockdown is definatly the hardest....and maybe im just having a bad day but god its hard.
    I would kill to be in stradbally in Sept. I really need it, but its gonna be EP 22

Rfrip wrote: »
    Whatever happens with vaccine supply etc there is no way on earth EP is happening this year

Last year while we knew it wasn't going ahead, we did think sure look we have EP21. That for one kept me going
    This lockdown is definatly the hardest....and maybe im just having a bad day but god its hard.
    I would kill to be in stradbally in Sept. I really need it, but its gonna be EP 22

Any hope you let us look at that crystal ball you have mate? Seriously like, I don't get all the sweeping statements of "not a hope" "no way on earth" etc etc.

We simply don't know either way, can we not just wait and see what happens instead of making our minds up so quickly?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭Rfrip

endainoz wrote: »
    Any hope you let us look at that crystal ball you have mate? Seriously like, I don't get all the sweeping statements of "not a hope" "no way on earth" etc etc.

We simply don't know either way, can we not just wait and see what happens instead of making our minds up so quickly?

We all have different coping mechanisms

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Where is the downside? Sounds like a dream come true. There must be some sort of TKRT* available to go with the vaccine.

*Teenager Kicking Replacement Therapy

• Advertisement

Where is the downside? Sounds like a dream come true. There must be some sort of TKRT* available to go with the vaccine.

*Teenager Kicking Replacement Therapy

Sounds good to me, anyone at TCM & The Doors get a special wristband that allows them to kick anyone they think is younger than them by at least 5 years.
    So I'd be kicking everyone in Casa Bacardi.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Poorside wrote: »
    Sounds good to me, anyone at TCM & The Doors get a special wristband that allows them to kick anyone they think is younger than them by at least 5 years.
    So I'd be kicking everyone in Casa Bacardi.

We can bring in Fr Romeo Sensini as a ringer

We can bring in Fr Romeo Sensini as a ringer

No idea what these means, but yeah I'm all for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Come on lads .. its not going to happen this year.

It could happen wasn't EP 35,000 capacity right up to 2012 - 2013 before they started expanding.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

It could happen wasn't EP 35,000 capacity right up to 2012 - 2013 before they started expanding.

67,000 people carried their tickets over from last year.
    The remaining 3,000 will presumably go on sale around St. Patricks day when the initial announcement is.

It's all or nothing for the picnic in terms of attendees, as there's no way they can revoke one punters ticket over another, just so they can get down to a certain figure. 35,000 is still a huge number, given the most at a gig since March last year was 50-100.

I love all the optimism, i really do, but

We'll be at level 5+ until mid / end of March. That's already been confirmed by the government. So, 5 months before crew get to site.

Level 4 / 3 for at least another month to 6 weeks. So, 3.5 months before crew hit site.

Assuming infection rates are low and vaccination rates are high, then
    Level 2 / 1 by June / July

Even at level 1 nightclubs must remain closed / max 200 for indoor events / 500 for outdoor events.

We've had some of the harshest restrictions in Europe in terms of the hospitality / entertainment sectors. Do we really think that the gov are going to go from say max 500 outdoors by mid summer, to 70000 by end of summer, just so we can get pissed up in a field in Stradbally?

It could well go ahead, but i think if i'm thinking about things logically it's already highly unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Bruce2008

Just have it over 2 weekends... 2x35000=70000
    And if you send all the teenagers to one weekend thats another problem solved...

We live in hope...🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

The said on the news yesterday that tanaiste said no large gatherings at all until at least Autumn, they really meant weddings and the like but obvs 70k people isn't gonna be happening :(

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

mimimcmc wrote: »
    The said on the news yesterday that tanaiste said no large gatherings at all until at least Autumn, they really meant weddings and the like but obvs 70k people isn't gonna be happening :(

Sorry to go off topic, but where did he say that? I'm getting married end of July. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

BigMo1 wrote: »
    Sorry to go off topic, but where did he say that? I'm getting married end of July. :confused:

I briefly heard it on todayfm on one of the bulletins yesterday.
    Sorry I can't be more specific, I only just heard it in passing. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,545 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Rumour doing the rounds is that Covid vaccine supplies will run out by the end of next week.

Pfizer Chiefs are predicting a riot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

mimimcmc wrote: »
    BigMo1 wrote: »

I think it was said at the end of summer, but has been repeated in the media in November, December and now, but it isn't new. It was usually coupled with when he said that there will be no refunds for any concerts for 2021 are rescheduled.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

67,000 people carried their tickets over from last year.
    The remaining 3,000 will presumably go on sale around St. Patricks day when the initial announcement is.

It's all or nothing for the picnic in terms of attendees, as there's no way they can revoke one punters ticket over another, just so they can get down to a certain figure. 35,000 is still a huge number, given the most at a gig since March last year was 50-100.

I love all the optimism, i really do, but

We'll be at level 5+ until mid / end of March. That's already been confirmed by the government. So, 5 months before crew get to site.

Level 4 / 3 for at least another month to 6 weeks. So, 3.5 months before crew hit site.

Assuming infection rates are low and vaccination rates are high, then
    Level 2 / 1 by June / July

Even at level 1 nightclubs must remain closed / max 200 for indoor events / 500 for outdoor events.

We've had some of the harshest restrictions in Europe in terms of the hospitality / entertainment sectors. Do we really think that the gov are going to go from say max 500 outdoors by mid summer, to 70000 by end of summer, just so we can get pissed up in a field in Stradbally?

It could well go ahead, but i think if i'm thinking about things logically it's already highly unlikely.

It's hard to know how this will play out, you mention level 5 restrictions as if the situation will be identical in August as its is now. But we should have all of the "vulnerable" vaccinated by then.

CSO figures show that 92% of deaths from Covid were over 65 years of age. The vast majority of >65 will be vaccinated by end of March.

I can see a situation developing in summer where the virus will be much less harmful, and circulating a lot less, but we'll still have a very cautious approach with restrictions etc.

Aside from the virus, we need to contend with local planning. If you remember last year the locals were completely against the EP taking place, this was obviously the correct call. I think we'll see a repeat of these calls again this year, possibly emotion based rather than scientific.

What month does the Ep planning license usually get submitted?

CSO Link;
    https://www.hpsc.ie/a-z/respiratory/coronavirus/novelcoronavirus/casesinireland/epidemiologyofcovid-19inireland/december2020/COVID-19%20Daily%20epidemiology%20report%20(NPHET)_20201230_website.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 3,692 ✭✭✭Stillill42

@Seathrun I see your friends the Clockworks are on the list for the 2fm Rising thing. Nice little boost on these dark days. They put on a good show in Stradbally.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Stillill42 wrote: »
    @Seathrun I see your friends the Clockworks are on the list for the 2fm Rising thing. Nice little boost on these dark days. They put on a good show in Stradbally.

Yeah, that was good to see. For Those I Love also interesting but I know nothing about the other acts. Hopefully 2021/22 will see international breakthroughs for some more of our guitar bands in the Fontaines' slipstream. And more importantly, that we get to see some of those bands.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,084 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

endainoz wrote: »

"Melvin Benn, managing director of Festival Republic and boss of events including Reading & Leeds and Download Festival, told NME: “I feel very positive because I know that it’s possible”.

jesus Melvin, read the room, phrasing!!!

Snarky Snark Snark

Whelp....
    Glastonbury gone bye bye

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭rubick

Really getting the most out of 2023 Ticket Day Panic.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,545 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Whelp....
    Glastonbury gone bye bye

Well the liklihood of Boris getting his sh1t together anytime soon isn't great so I can imagine why they cancelled.

As bad as our lot are, we hopefully stand a better chance.

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

TBH, think they're probably best cancelling anyway due to the sh1tstorm that's happening with musicians and brexit (spit spit). It's going to kill small foreign bands from bothering to go to the UK which will then of course kill them coming here.

Advertisement