Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2021 - Cancelled :( **No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,693 ✭✭✭Stillill42

In unrelated news, the teenagers are getting their **** together.

https://youtu.be/4MfG80SID6I

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Stillill42 wrote: »

Interesting but strange movie. It looks a bit like something written by an English Smiths fan but wasnt picked up by UK media, so he sold it to a US company and they santisied it of humour and context.

Im going to wait for the US remake of Quadrophenia.

Edit: though after some further research, based on a true story! Well I never

Interesting but strange movie. It looks a bit like something written by an English Smiths fan but wasnt picked up by UK media, so he sold it to a US company and they santisied it of humour and context.

Im going to wait for the US remake of Quadrophenia
    Bizarre alright. I'm getting it up on Google Classroom. The kids kind of movie with my music. It'll be a portal to a better life for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭rubick

Bizarre alright. I'm getting it up on Google Classroom. The kids kind of movie with my music. It'll be a portal to a better life for them.

Called it! :)

In the absence of the usual feverish EP line up speculation, it's good to have talk of music back on the national airwaves with the Choice awards and the return of Other Voices. Most of the Choice shortlist are EP alumni, although Fontaines and Roisín are the only ones I've actually seen there, Silverbacks maybe? 2019? I'll have to listen to a few of the albums. Great to see Pillow Queens getting such good press.He didn't make the shortlist but just listened to Joe Chester's album this morning. I only know him as the guitarist with A Lazarus Soul, but he has a lovely little album out too.

Even the remotest hint of a possibility of EP this year might make me try harder to listen to new music rather than reaching for the old reliables.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

rubick wrote: »
    Never seen the Arab Strap but did see Malcolm Middleton back in 2009 in the Black Box, Belfast when he was touring Waxing Gibbous. Introduced himself by stating that he "wasn't a miserabalist" before kicking into a rake of tunes I'd never heard before. Was a great gig!

The band are great live. Moffat is decent live in his many incarnations and Middleton pretty decent too. Felt very sorry for him when he last came to Galway. A Sunday night in January two years ago and only 11/12 in the audience but he put on a real effort. He schedule the same show in the Róisín tomorrrow and he'd have thousands outside itching for tunes and pints. Speaking of which we all went up afterwards and bought him beer. A very chatty and decent guy but I'd prefer to see him making money in front of 1,500 people at Vicar St than being ignored on the west coast.

The album gets better with every listen.

Love it already. Great cast too, the kid from Boyhood, Will Poulter, Thomas Sangster and some others. Fair chance the soundtrack will pass muster also.

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    The band are great live. Moffat is decent live in his many incarnations and Middleton pretty decent too. Felt very sorry for him when he last came to Galway. A Sunday night in January two years ago and only 11/12 in the audience but he put on a real effort. He schedule the same show in the Róisín tomorrrow and he'd have thousands outside itching for tunes and pints. Speaking of which we all went up afterwards and bought him beer. A very chatty and decent guy but I'd prefer to see him making money in front of 1,500 people at Vicar St than being ignored on the west coast.

The album gets better with every listen.

I'm just listening to the Arab Strap album now. Really enjoying it. Have they played Stradbally?

I'm just listening to the Arab Strap album now. Really enjoying it. Have they played Stradbally?

No. They were broken up from 2006 to 2016 with only a one-off gig in 2011 for a Glasgow venue's birthday celebrations. I don't think they've played Ireland since they came back but I could be wrong. I only saw them once, at Field Day in June 2017, a week before I escaped Brexit Britain. Bet they wished they could do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

On a positive note my 76 year old father got his first vaccine Jab today!

My 40year old mate who now lives in NI also got a jab today. (He isnt a front line worker)

• Advertisement

Fatfrog wrote: »
    On a positive note my 76 year old father got his first vaccine Jab today!

My 40year old mate who now lives in NI also got a jab today. (He isnt a front line worker)

Great to hear. All my healthcare pals, my parents in their eighties and several other elderly relatives all have at least their first jabs.

Things are proceeding steadily. It'll hasten in April /May but what that means for us gig-wise is very hard to tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I'm going to be taking the vaccine myself, but fair play to Ian Brown for pulling out of the Neighbourhood Weekender festival as his way of protesting the festival's proposal to use vaccine passports for gaining entry. https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-56278140

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,084 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

No No No, no fair play to him, he's a f*****g clown for pulling that ****e.

120,000 people are dead in the UK alone from this, one hundred and twenty thousand, keep saying that number over and over again and then start saying half a million 100 times before bedtime because that's the number in the states and russian apparently now has 400,000 excess deaths.

Fcuck each and every one of these anti scientific ****wits who think that 2 mins of their utube and goggle research gives them the right to spout dangerous bollocks and shame on any one who promotes their crap

There is no "fair play" here, there's death merchants and fcuking idiots and may hell fire rain down upon them.

You don't want to get the vaccine and still want to mingle, well fcuk you and the horse you rode in on. That's just not how this works. Pandemics are potentially an existential crisis, you do not fcuk around and those that do need to be removed from popular discourse.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

His stone roses stuff was quality, but his solo stuff leaves a lot to be desired

• Registered Users Posts: 19,551 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

His stone roses stuff was quality, but his solo stuff leaves a lot to be desired

A few exceptions to that statement

I'm going to be taking the vaccine myself, but fair play to Ian Brown for pulling out of the Neighbourhood Weekender festival as his way of protesting the festival's proposal to use vaccine passports for gaining entry. https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-56278140

Ah BD, you're joking. Surely you of all people want this industry opened up again? What merit do you see in Ian Brown's ramblings? Of course it's people's choice to not take the vaccine but they can't have it every way..Vaccine passports of some description are a logical route to getting society up and running again. If Ian Brown is being held up as a poster boy for free choice and civil liberty, God help us all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭endainoz

Maybe himself and Van the man can go do a gig in Russia.

Interesting point about the proof of vaccine thing though, looks like it could well be used. I wouldn't have any issue with proving it myself, if this will be the case for flying then it stands to reason it could be used for festivals or matches that require a ticket. The antivax loons will probably say it's against their human rights or some rubbish but will grudgingly get the jab anyways.

Nope, he's a moron who is spreading misinformation that will kill some of our most elderly and most vulnerable. Maybe there are some here that don't feel threatened by the virus, but self-preservation isn't the main reason for taking the vaccine. Preservation of others is.

Has anyone heard of this group, Creedon was playing them the other day, a great sound. Tree Lined Streets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭s8n

Has anyone heard of this group, Creedon was playing them the other day, a great sound. Tree Lined Streets.

Nice find

Ah BD, you're joking. Surely you of all people want this industry opened up again? What merit do you see in Ian Brown's ramblings? Of course it's people's choice to not take the vaccine but they can't have it every way..Vaccine passports of some description are a logical route to getting society up and running again. If Ian Brown is being held up as a poster boy for free choice and civil liberty, God help us all.

No I disagree with Ian Brown, but I like a good debate sometimes and thought it would be interesting to post to see the reactions seeing that Mr Brown was on the 2020 EP lineup before the festival was cancelled. Yeah I wouldn't rate him myself, he can't sing for sh1te these days but his Stone Roses stuff was quite decent.

No I disagree with Ian Brown, but I like a good debate sometimes and thought it would be interesting to post to see the reactions seeing that Mr Brown was on the 2020 EP lineup before the festival was cancelled. Yeah I wouldn't rate him myself, he can't sing for sh1te these days but his Stone Roses stuff was quite decent.

I had totally forgotten he was on the 2020 poster, suppose I just blocked it out of my mind. I like F.E.A.R. that's about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

No No No, no fair play to him, he's a f*****g clown for pulling that ****e.

120,000 people are dead in the UK alone from this, one hundred and twenty thousand, keep saying that number over and over again and then start saying half a million 100 times before bedtime because that's the number in the states and russian apparently now has 400,000 excess deaths.

Fcuck each and every one of these anti scientific ****wits who think that 2 mins of their utube and goggle research gives them the right to spout dangerous bollocks and shame on any one who promotes their crap

There is no "fair play" here, there's death merchants and fcuking idiots and may hell fire rain down upon them.

You don't want to get the vaccine and still want to mingle, well fcuk you and the horse you rode in on. That's just not how this works. Pandemics are potentially an existential crisis, you do not fcuk around and those that do need to be removed from popular discourse.

Get off the fence fir f**k sake!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,084 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Get off the fence fir f**k sake!! ;)

No, i have a lovely arse groove worn into it now and it's very comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Nope, he's a moron who is spreading misinformation that will kill some of our most elderly and most vulnerable. Maybe there are some here that don't feel threatened by the virus, but self-preservation isn't the main reason for taking it. Preservation of others is.

Have tickets to see him since last year, postponed twice, it will be again, I'd happily take my refund now after watching the shïte he's posted over the last 12 months

Poorside wrote: »
    Have tickets to see him since last year, postponed twice, it will be again, I'd happily take my refund now after watching the shïte he's posted over the last 12 months

Same here, I've tickets for Leisureland in May which obviously won't happen. Don't know why I bought them really as most of his solo stuff is poor and he can't sing. I guess I just wanted a few beers with pals.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭nc6000

Preparation for the Electric Picnic festival is underway with the event scheduled to take place as usual in the first weekend in September, the organisers have said.

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/music/electric-picnic-to-go-ahead-unless-the-government-tells-us-otherwise-1.4503686

• Registered Users Posts: 15,589 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

nc6000 wrote: »
    Preparation for the Electric Picnic festival is underway with the event scheduled to take place as usual in the first weekend in September, the organisers have said.

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/music/electric-picnic-to-go-ahead-unless-the-government-tells-us-otherwise-1.4503686

Fingers crossed for them :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Fingers crossed for them :)

Yeah totally would love for it to go ahead.

And if there really is no chance, it is awful form on the government to not just come out and say it now, as they are spending money on it already.

Gives me a teeny tiny bit of hope

Advertisement