Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2021 - Cancelled :( **No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Yea, what a gig.
    Memory isn't what it used to be. I could have swore that we headed over to see Johnny Marr straight after, but looking at the stage times, he wasn't on until the Sunday.
    As it turns out, it was The Walkmen we went to!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I wonder will Mevlin still announce the line up this week as he originally planned?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭endainoz

Yeah the "full lineup" apparently due out on Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

endainoz wrote: »

It says 'around' St. Patrick's Day which I guess could mean anytime this week?

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    It says 'around' St. Patrick's Day which I guess could mean anytime this week?

My guess is that we'll hear nothing, they'd be best to delay it for a bit with all the uncertainty.

Of course I do hope I'm wrong though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,694 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Yea, what a gig.
    Memory isn't what it used to be. I could have swore that we headed over to see Johnny Marr straight after, but looking at the stage times, he wasn't on until the Sunday.
    As it turns out, it was The Walkmen we went to!

The Walkmen were great too. That was a good year.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Kepler21

Just downloaded Physical Graffiti last night, one of Led Zeppelin's very best albums. Another memory that came flooding back about former performances at EP, the shocking announcement of Robert Plant in 2013. That was an unbelievably brilliant show and having heard numerous live shows and bootlegs of Zep, Plant's band that day were incredibly tight and his set was a brilliant mix of new and old, What is and should never be being the absolute highlight. Having seen Plant before in 1984 it was such a difference of a gig, in 84 it was all about his Big Log album and he didn't do any Zep at all, I remember being mesmerised by his lighting rig but the 80's performance was rather dull, the 2013 one was spectacular and I thought the time slot was brilliant and the weather for that afternoon and evening as well.

That performance blew me away. Definitely one of my all EP best gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,553 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

endainoz wrote: »

SF8MzIP.gif

Lowlands have announced the following

Altın Gün | Amelie Lens | Arlo Parks | AURORA | Balthazar | BAZART | Bendik Giske | Biig Piig | Caribou | Cavetown | The Chemical Brothers | cleopatrick | Declan McKenna | Denzel Curry | DROELOE | Dry Cleaning | Eefje de Visser | Ezra Collective | Magnetron Music - Fatima Yamaha | Franc Moody | Froukje | Georgia UK | GoldLink | Gotu Jim | Heilung | Igorrr | IMANU | Jack Garratt | Joe & The ****boys | Kaytranada | Kelly Lee Owens | Kevin & The Animals | Koffee| Liam Gallagher | Mirella Kroes | Moses Boyd | Murdock | Noisia DJ Set | Noord Nederlands Orkest | NOVA TWINS | Octo Octa b2b Eris Drew | Oliver Tree | The Opposites | Orla Gartland | Palaye Royale | Pendulum Trinity | S10 | shame | Sleaford Mods | slowthai | Typhoon | Working Men’s Club | Yungblud | Yves Tumor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭rubick

The Chems' inclusion there suggests some crossover for EP. Would be great to see Caribou! And getting Amelie Lens back to Terminus would be a popular move. Octo Octa/Eris Drew would be awesome too. Look at all this lads, the sun's out and we're playing Fantasy Festival Line-ups.

• Advertisement

Stillill42 wrote: »
    The Walkmen were great too. That was a good year.

Missed the first twenty mins. Asked the first person I met if they'd played The Rat. They had. That was a sad moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Kepler21 wrote: »
    That performance blew me away. Definitely one of my all EP best gigs.

That, Portishead and Iggy Pop and the Fcuking Stooges. :):D

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭patch

rubick wrote: »
    The Chems' inclusion there suggests some crossover for EP. Would be great to see Caribou! And getting Amelie Lens back to Terminus would be a popular move. Octo Octa/Eris Drew would be awesome too. Look at all this lads, the sun's out and we're playing Fantasy Festival Line-ups.

There has to be a chance for Bicep too...

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭desk tidy

That, Portishead and Iggy Pop and the Fcuking Stooges. :):D

Portishead were so good. Definitely in my EP top 5.

The mandy kicked in and hit me like a train just as they started into machine gun. Great, great days.

I know it wont help but this day in 2014 the first EP Line Up announcement happened

• Registered Users Posts: 28,190 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I know it wont help but this day in 2014 the first EP Line Up announcement happened

Are you not out by a decade there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Wooderson

desk tidy wrote: »

Agreed. Was incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Portishead were v good. Always leaned towards Massive Attack though, 2010 when they were at their best.

desk tidy wrote: »

The mandy kicked in and hit me like a train just as they started into machine gun. Great, great days.

Excellent though there was an awful lot of nattering though the set. I went as far forward as I could but still incessant yapping. Machine Gun soon sorted that out.

And even pals who aren't fans were blown away when that came on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,084 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Think I said it in one of the previous years threads, that show was the closest I think I'll ever get to a religious experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Dry cleaning @ button factory ticket in the bag!

sweetie wrote: »
    Dry cleaning @ button factory ticket in the bag!

Jeez, I forgot about those being out this morning! Must see about the Belfast gig here. Quite fancy going to both. You know, because it's been a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Excellent though there was an awful lot of nattering though the set. I went as far forward as I could but still incessant yapping. Machine Gun soon sorted that out.

And even pals who aren't fans were blown away when that came on.

Probably the most memorable 8 minutes of live music I ever experienced at EP. That and "Yeah" by LCD Soundsystem.

Probably the most memorable 8 minutes of live music I ever experienced at EP. That and "Yeah" by LCD Soundsystem.

Dance Yrself Clean my LCD one.

Surely returning in 2022/23?

Dance Yrself Clean my LCD one.

Surely returning in 2022/23?

When the drums kick in.......aw man! It's some tune to hear live!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,553 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

When's the line up announced folks? :D

everlast75 wrote: »
    When's the line up announced folks? :D

Last week!

sweetie wrote: »

Thanks, tickets got. Boards reunion at TBF.

• Advertisement

Yeah, we opted for The Button Factory too! We usually have a couple of trips for gigs in Dublin around that time of year, nice to actually have one to look forward to again.

Advertisement