Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2021 - Cancelled :( **No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I know its not EP news but if it goes ahead id be happy with the return of Foals/BBC/Roisin Murphy

164668198_957498651656166_1021974432863465479_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=P2or1PtP49cAX-bCr1h&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=f200f63f7db038bdcfa6339de21f9ee5&oe=608085C1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

I know its not EP news but if it goes ahead id be happy with the return of Foals/BBC/Roisin Murphy

and Tune-Yards & Caribou ... we will take them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

VF_21_Release_1.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭rubick

Roisin headlining the Main Stage on Friday night, there's your Welcome back To Stradbally Party right there!

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

VF_21_Release_1.png

Cracking little lineup there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Supergrass, The Blow Monkeys and the Manics playing a retro-ish Warwick festival (Camper Calling) the weekend before EP. Would welcome all.

VF_21_Release_1.png

I'd take, Royal Blood, Madness, Miles Kane, Feeder, The Streets and Supegrass

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭endainoz

I'd take, Royal Blood, Madness, Miles Kane, Feeder, The Streets and Supegrass

What about?

Tickets also got for just announced Snapped Ankles in mid-October. Playing Dublin, Galway, Limerick and Belfast. Excellent when I caught them at Pohoda two years ago. Maybe we're just being teased with all these gig announcements but surely more than two-thirds of the populace are vaccinated in seven months from now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,694 ✭✭✭Stillill42

sweetie wrote: »

Cheers, Sweetie. That should be a good one.

• Advertisement

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Cheers, Sweetie. That should be a good one.

Four boardsies and counting.

Seathrun66 wrote: »

Who needs the Salty Dog, eh?

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Who needs the Salty Dog, eh?

Scratch that. I do.

5 including herself! (desktidy)

Isle of Wight and Transmit festivals which have both moved to September announced their line ups this morning, again if EP goes ahead id say we would get plenty from the Line Ups

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭LowOdour

From what im seeing, most of the festival lineups in the UK are primarily made up of mid-tier UK and Irish acts. If EP goes ahead, I presume we will see the same

• Registered Users Posts: 19,553 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

LowOdour wrote: »
    From what im seeing, most of the festival lineups in the UK are primarily made up of mid-tier UK and Irish acts. If EP goes ahead, I presume we will see the same

If it was a down and out who had just started practising the bagpipes, I would walk barefoot to Stradbally to see it.

everlast75 wrote: »
    If it was a down and out who had just started practising the bagpipes, I would walk barefoot to Stradbally to see it.

The Scratch were there last time out. Unlikely to appear again this year.

Some band called James playing IoW, James who lol

Tickets also got for just announced Snapped Ankles in mid-October. Playing Dublin, Galway, Limerick and Belfast. Excellent when I caught them at Pohoda two years ago. Maybe we're just being teased with all these gig announcements but surely more than two-thirds of the populace are vaccinated in seven months from now.

Just seeing this, yaaaas!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭RINO87

Brilliant! They played It takes a Village in Trabolgan two years ago too and were savage!! Looking forward to this :)

On that note, I really, really hope It takes a Village can return next year, it was so, so good in its first two years, really missing now that its coming up to the time of year when it would have been on.

We never did get that post punk tent in Stradbally. Well, I suppose if the mountain won't come to Stradbally, Stradbally will just have to go to the Workman's club. Or something.

Isn't it exciting to be booking tickets for gigs that you might actually see?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 hashbones

ah yes. booking gigs. good to be back in the saddle

Yea the only gig ive booked so far is Jools Holland in Oct(had tickets for the 2020 show) and im hoping that it goes ahead. Like surely we will all be fully vaccinated by then so it should be fine.

I dont care if they charge €10 a pop for a plastic pint of Heino ill drink it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

I really hope these gigs go ahead for ye. Dry Laundry live would be unreal.
    The thoughts of being in a field or tent listening to James seems like the stuff of dreams at the minute..

I won't be even buying any tickets until this time next year. I just can't see anything above 100 punters happening this year. Right that's enough negativity for one day.

EP '22, up the front for Arab Strap !!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,553 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I've Burgess next month in Whelans. Sceptical that it will go ahead :/

I am hoping for the EP to go ahead. I have tickets to James in the Point towards the end of the year too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,891 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Kelly Anne bryne has a great show now on face radio.....same as her today fm show! So happy she’s back on the radio

https://thefaceradio.com/

Another tour to recommend is you like shoegazey pop, NewDad from Galway on the road in November. Belfast, Galway, Limerick and Dublin. Steve Lamacq gave them a session in November and others at BBC6 also pushing them. EP out this week and sounding great, vinyl already sold out on pre-orders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Purchased for Dublin. I feel that this is something to look forward to. Good chance of this happening.

Advertisement