Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2021 - Cancelled :( **No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,694 ✭✭✭Stillill42

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/europe/it-was-spectacular-5-000-fans-pack-barcelona-concert-after-rapid-covid-tests-1.4522155?mode=amp

Posted in the 'Cancelled and Rescheduled Gigs' thread. As we approach a month where we *should* be getting a million doses, there's definitely positive things happening, solutions being tested. Room for a bit of positivity anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Stillill42 wrote: »
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/europe/it-was-spectacular-5-000-fans-pack-barcelona-concert-after-rapid-covid-tests-1.4522155?mode=amp

Posted in the 'Cancelled and Rescheduled Gigs' thread. As we approach a month where we *should* be getting a million doses, there's definitely positive things happening, solutions being tested. Room for a bit of positivity anyway.

That's good news, and hopefully no infection fallout from it. I predict a social media backlash for the band when their name circulates beyond their borders. A five-bloke indie crew called Love of Lesbian won't go unnoticed.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

And if some of those vaccines are the Johnson/Johnson it means its a one shot jab which is also great news. At this stage whenever I get called I couldnt care less what vaccine Im getting ha

• Registered Users Posts: 5,891 ✭✭✭Rfrip

And if some of those vaccines are the Johnson/Johnson it means its a one shot jab which is also great news. At this stage whenever I get called I couldnt care less what vaccine Im getting ha

I would lick it off the ground at this stage

Rfrip wrote: »

Lovely, Rfrip. Between this and the 2 Johnnies quip, I'm starting to get worried about you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,891 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Lovely, Rfrip. Between this and the 2 Johnnies quip, I'm starting to get worried about you.

Ha!!!!that made me lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Great news, way forward for the interim I reckon, Benn was hinting at this already for EP.

Two things;
    1: Would a face mask be required outdoors, if yes how do they police? Particularly if theres a large level of non-compliance say deep in the crowd, security cant get near them (Same happens with letting off flares)

2: How to test large scale without bunching people together before the test? 80,000 people let's just say in 40,000 groups of two, standing two metres apart is 80km of a queue! Tour de picnic :) so testing would need to be a third party available in every town and city.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

I'd love to be excited but I'd wager it's yet another release for Loveless (30th anniversary in November). If they're touring it then I'll apologise for the cynicism.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,084 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Rfrip wrote: »

At this point to be honest, they could dribble it down Linda Martins arse crack and I'd be there like a shot in formal evening wear with a bib and a spoon.

• Advertisement

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    I'd love to be excited but I'd wager it's yet another release for Loveless (30th anniversary in November). If they're touring it then I'll apologise for the cynicism.

And, as feared, the MBV news is that they're back on Spotify.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭endainoz

Boonaroo announced their lineup, assuming EP goes ahead, we can safely rule out any of these acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭patch

endainoz wrote: »
    Boonaroo announced their lineup, assuming EP goes ahead, we can safely rule out any of these acts.

Pity about Foo Fighters!
    And Deadmau5 playing on the Sunday might be an opportunity for EP on Fri or Sat...

At this point to be honest, they could dribble it down Linda Martins arse crack and I'd be there like a shot in formal evening wear with a bib and a spoon.

And there we have our first act for the returning Burlesque tent.

I know I never got to witness Arcade Fire in a tent at EP in 2005 but I just remembered being at this gig and feel it might come in 2nd ha. Id love to see them at EP again some day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Same weekend as EP, fits in with the UK/Irish act pattern.

https://www.nme.com/news/music/idles-and-black-country-new-road-among-latest-additions-to-wide-awake-festival-2911646

I'd be happy with all of this lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

How are we rating the chances of the festival actually happening? Slightly worse than 50/50?

BigMo1 wrote: »
    How are we rating the chances of the festival actually happening? Slightly worse than 50/50?

Personally I go through phases of optimism and cynicism, somewhere in the middle currently. But then stories like this don't help the situation.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/us/millions-of-johnson-johnson-vaccines-ruined-in-us-factory-mix-up-1.4525551

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

Far less. Ireland is the most restricted country in Europe as you are probably aware, the restrictions will be here the longest too (already are but theres literally zero political appetite to change that).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

The vaccination rollout is so slow you would worry if the 2022 festival will go ahead !

• Registered Users Posts: 19,555 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    The vaccination rollout is so slow you would worry if the 2022 festival will go ahead !

Don't.
    Even.
    Joke.

Dr. Bre wrote: »

There are many and varied reasons for that. Negotiations with Big Pharma to ensure we don't accept liability and over pay, 27 countries having to agree, bad behaviour by the UK, etc, etc. It'll all come good but probably not in time for EP.

We're still ahead of most of Europe (12% vaccinated, 5% fully) and on course for mass vaccination in April/May/June.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭paulieeye

I'm thinking less than 50% of EP going ahead. Maybe 30%. I can only see set backs when it comes to the vaccine rollout, the current date for a critical mass of vaccinations is what July maybe?

You can push that out by a couple of months I would think. I expect EP to announce cancellation by June.

But hopefully not and 30% of brain is right!

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    There are many and varied reasons for that. Negotiations with Big Pharma to ensure we don't accept liability and over pay, 27 countries having to agree, bad behaviour by the UK, etc, etc. It'll all come good but probably not in time for EP.

We're still ahead of most of Europe (12% vaccinated, 5% fully) and on course for mass vaccination in April/May/June.

Yea i think the lack of vaccines being delivered is also because the way the EU handled the whole thing (Im not anti EU btw ha) and as Seathrun said you have 27 countries agreeing on the same thing. I know people said why did we not just source extra ones (eg. like UK/USA) but if every country in the EU did that we would be screwed since the likes of large countries like France/Germany etc would have more money/resources then the likes of an island like Ireland.

I hope there is some sort of gigs/festivals this year but I'm not sure but I do believe Oct/Nov onwards indoor shows should be fine if 80% of the population has been fully vaccinated.

It's in the lap of the Gods, lads. We've had plenty of minor setbacks, probably only a substantial unexpected positive will give us a chance at this stage, a boost in production, an all-clear for a new vaccine, something like that. We live in hope. God knows, we all all deserve a bit of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Mucker46

I have written off EP (major bonus if i am wrong) as cant see is far enough down the vaccination road for a crowd of that size and that age, remember us young ones going to be late getting it, being allowed. Hoping we will get some sort of gigs by year end.

Mucker46 wrote: »
    I have written off EP (major bonus if i am wrong) as cant see is far enough down the vaccination road for a crowd of that size and that age, remember us young ones going to be late getting it, being allowed. Hoping we will get some sort of gigs by year end.

I guess we should have a (slightly) better idea when we can log into this so called vaccination portal next month to see where we are on the list. Apparently it'll show you your date and location for the jab.

Of course the website will crash at launch and be really awkward to navigate, ya know like most government websites.

The more of these trials that go ahead successfully, the better. Obviously.

RTE news : Dutch to let fans attend Eurovision in Covid trial

http://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2021/0401/1207520-dutch-to-let-fans-attend-eurovision-in-covid-trial/

• Advertisement

Listening to 'Young Shakespeare ' freshly released Neil Young live album here in the sun. Visions of sitting in front of the Trailer Park stage about half four of a Friday afternoon listening to Harvest belting out the same tunes with the weekend stretching in front of you. I've changed my mind. It's on again.

Advertisement