Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2021 - Cancelled :( **No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,084 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Maybe my best EP gig. A joyous occasion.

it was an utterly magnificent hour of fun

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

My crappy clip as to where I was situated as the place was absolutely wedged.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

I can't listen to that without thinking of "Ooooooh Mick McCarthy's baaaaybee"

Snarky Snark Snark

Wedged is right, you would have been just in front or behind me from the looks of that angle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Taoiseach saying today that he doesn't want to nail his colours too firmly to the mast but that he could envisage going for an indoor pint and then on to an All Ireland match later in the summer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,694 ✭✭✭Stillill42

griffdaddy wrote: »
    Taoiseach saying today that he doesn't want to nail his colours too firmly to the mast but that he could envisage going for an indoor pint and then on to an All Ireland match later in the summer
    They daren't let Leo in front of a microphone. He's giddy as feck. Give him another week, he'll be confirming himself for Casa Bacardi.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭patch

Snarky Snark Snark

patch wrote: »
    Boris told social distancing not required at big events after June 21st.

The skip based sex pest has never social distanced at any events anyway given the large number of crotch fruit it has left scatted across the London area.

Well got my Pfizer shot at 4, no woozy affects or headaches yet, so all good and my second dose is 28th May woo hoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭patch

Stephen Donnelly today while talking about vaccine passports. Interesting he chose this particular example:
    "Is it fair or right to be able to say to somebody, you can't come to Electric Picnic or you can't go into the gig, whatever it may be, because you haven't been vaccinated," Mr Donnelly said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭nc6000

They were saying on the TodayFM news earlier that either Martin or Varadkar said they hoped EP and the Ploughing could take place this year. I didn't quite catch who said it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,040 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

nc6000 wrote: »
    They were saying on the TodayFM news earlier that either Martin or Varadkar said they hoped EP and the Ploughing could take place this year. I didn't quite catch who said it.

It was Leo and i dont see it happening. EP needs so much time in lead up to plan, prep things even more in a post covid environment and unless the organisers know right now it will def go ahead then its very hard to see it happening unless they know very soon.

It was Leo and i dont see it happening. EP needs so much time in lead up to plan, prep things even more in a post covid environment and unless the organisers know right now it will def go ahead then its very hard to see it happening unless they know very soon.

I'll presume they will just copy (Festival Republic) the Reading & Leeds plan if it goes ahead, I can imagine there will be health and safety covid measures for the British festivals.

I'll presume they will just copy (Festival Republic) the Reading & Leeds plan if it goes ahead, I can imagine there will be health and safety covid measures for the British festivals.

But we have markedly different vaccination rates etc. Its not the same and wont be the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Maybe my best EP gig. A joyous occasion.

Superb gig. Normally a find Byrne's gigs too clinically choreographed but that was wonderful. Still preferred John Grant the night before, particularly when Sinéad came on to do Glacier. I get into trouble here every time I dare to sacrilegiously say that.

Valentines, Black Uhuru, The Beat, Mark Mulcahy, Matthew E White, Johnny Marr, Palma Violets and many others. That was one fine weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,555 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Another day of sunshine lol

But we have markedly different vaccination rates etc. Its not the same and wont be the same.

It'll roughly be the same come August. Ireland has a greater level of people fully vaccinated as the UK has opted to take a chance on a large gap between doses. That may necessitate a booster jab in the Autumn/Winter if unsuccessful.

The rollout here is speeding up and working pretty well. Pay no heed to much of the misinformation bandied about. By the start of September the country will be done. The festival organisers and politicians know that and will proceed accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,589 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

LowOdour wrote: »
    Taoiseach just announced EP will go ahead, and RATM will headline.....George Lee has gone all grim reaper and said no chance and that the Taoiseach has lost his marbles

I haven't had a good nights sleep in a week

Thought he said DAFT PUNK would be headlining and he will be the special guest to sing Get Lucky

35-59 age range to commence in June. That'll cover effectively everyone on this thread and we'll all be done by August, particularly those lucky enough to get Johnson & Johnson.

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Superb gig. Normally a find Byrne's gigs too clinically choreographed but that was wonderful. Still preferred John Grant the night before, particularly when Sinéad came on to do Glacier. I get into trouble here every time I dare to sacrilegiously say that.

Valentines, Black Uhuru, The Beat, Mark Mulcahy, Matthew E White, Johnny Marr, Palma Violets and many others. That was one fine weekend.

Some good stuff that year alright. Eels in the sun were great, hilarious, Walkmen, Billy Bragg, Valerie June....

• Advertisement

35-59 age range to commence in June. That'll cover effectively everyone on this thread and we'll all be done by August, particularly those lucky enough to get Johnson & Johnson.

We dont know if they will get that many people actually vaccinated by time EP will start and the organisers need to know now that they 100% can run a festival to get everything needed for the fesitval to operate as succesful as it usually does

Mother of God. The resolute determination to rule out any possibility of an Electric Picnic on an Electric Picnic thread can only be admired. I take my cap off to you, gentlemen.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,555 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Mother of God. The resolute determination to rule out any possibility of an Electric Picnic on an Electric Picnic thread can only be admired. I take my cap of to you, gentlemen.

If it goes ahead, any shyte talkers here should be made hand their ticket over to someone who kept the faith...

Mother of God. The resolute determination to rule out any possibility of an Electric Picnic on an Electric Picnic thread can only be admired. I take my cap of to you, gentlemen.
    Im being realistic and why wouldnt you talk about EP not happening or likely to happen than an EP thread.
    everlast75 wrote: »
    If it goes ahead, any shyte talkers here should be made hand their ticket over to someone who kept the faith...
    Wont be attending as a punter anyway. Only way i go to festivals these days is working at them.

Come on guys, live a little. Let's ban the word 'realistic' on this thread. Who's with me?? Come on, mods! Make it happen! I've a job and a family, I'm not in here for reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Well got my Pfizer shot at 4, no woozy affects or headaches yet, so all good and my second dose is 28th May woo hoo!
    congrats Niall! :D

Great to hear about people you know (or kind of half know from the internet :pac:) getting their jabs.

In the grand scheme of things, Ireland is doing pretty well, and the vaccine rollout is going fairly smoothly, so lots of reasons to be positive, especially as the jabs ramp up over the next two months :)

We dont know if they will get that many people actually vaccinated by time EP will start and the organisers need to know now that they 100% can run a festival to get everything needed for the fesitval to operate as succesful as it usually does

Are you saying there'll be people over 35 who'll not have access to a vaccine by September 3rd? Based on what info?

Some good stuff that year alright. Eels in the sun were great, hilarious, Walkmen, Billy Bragg, Valerie June....

The Knife, Tourist, Ben Klock, Bjork, Robert Plant...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Not everyone :( although im 2.5 years away from joining that cohort, but it seems everyone under 50 will get Pfizer at least we should be fully done within 4 weeks which is also a good thing. So I'm thinking if I get mine mid july ill be done by mid August so roll on EP :)

As said yes the UK are ahead of us on first round of vaccines but when it comes to fully done they are about the same which I think we are doing the better thing instead of rushing to get everyone the first dose and slowing up on the second.
    Id say most festivals have all the preliminary pre festival stuff ready to go but are just waiting to sign off, however they would have a cut off point due to the logistics and building the sit etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,515 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I can't see why this will not be going ahead in September. The danger of Covid is now over, time to play ball.

Advertisement