Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2021 - Cancelled :( **No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭nc6000

patch wrote: »
    So much for learning from and building on what the UK have done. That would have given us some hope.
    Instead we are using pods, masks and not actually testing.
    Unfortunately it seems we are quickly running out of road.

We can't even arrange to have enough bins or toilets available so people can go outside this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭showpony1

nc6000 wrote: »
    We can't even arrange to have enough bins or toilets available so people can go outside this weekend.

Anthony Hoolohan said we can't expect facilities such as more bins & toilets "overnight" - brilliant trolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,345 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Jesus this country

Think i can forget about going to the 3Arena for the rest of the year, no way in hell they will allow such type of events. Ill be flying over to the UK arenas as the Dublin shows will just be cancelled if Arenas in other places can go ahead at full capacity

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Shared earlier on scrote-book

Jesus the Galway gig is in Roisin Dubh, how many will they fit in there if its 25 % capacity, not many I can imagine.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Jesus the Galway gig is in Roisin Dubh, how many will they fit in there if its 25 % capacity, not many I can imagine.

Seath and 2 crusties.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Capacity is 280 and the gig is supposedly for 50 people.

Impressive that a place that small has hosted the likes of Mercury Rev, Sinéad O'Connor, The Fontaines & The Undertones in the last three years. More of that for the next few years please.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Jesus this country

Think i can forget about going to the 3Arena for the rest of the year, no way in hell they will allow such type of events. Ill be flying over to the UK arenas as the Dublin shows will just be cancelled if Arenas in other places can go ahead at full capacity

It ain't the UK, be thankful for that. Twice the death rate of Ireland and three times when the truer figure (excess deaths) are collated. Having problems with variants, making a balls of re-opening and consistently gambling with people's lives. Oh, and yeah, about to economically collapse due to Brexit.

Many errors have been made here. Xmas was idiotic. But our politicians are streets ahead of our neighbour's lot. Be careful for what you wish for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    It ain't the UK, be thankful for that. Twice the death rate of Ireland and three times when the truer figure (excess deaths) are collated. Having problems with variants, making a balls of re-opening and consistently gambling with people's lives. Oh, and yeah, about to economically collapse due to Brexit.

Many errors have been made here. Xmas was idiotic. But our politicians are streets ahead of our neighbour's lot. Be careful for what you wish for.

At least we had a meaningful Christmas.

/s (if needed)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭rubick

Seathrun66 wrote: »

*waves from Antrim*

100% this. That horrormirth combination of Westminster intransigence and Stormont ineptitude, a perfect storm of f**kery. The 6 counties have got off pretty lightly, despite the best efforts (or the lack thereof) of those nominally in charge. It's scant comfort to those that have lost loved ones, and I unfortunately include a good friend of mine in the grim stats that are bandied about as a success story.

rubick wrote: »
    *waves from Antrim*

100% this. That horrormirth combination of Westminster intransigence and Stormont ineptitude, a perfect storm of f**kery. The 6 counties have got off pretty lightly, despite the best efforts (or the lack thereof) of those nominally in charge. It's scant comfort to those that have lost loved ones, and I unfortunately include a good friend of mine in the grim stats that are bandied about as a success story.

I'm sorry to hear that man. Condolences to you and your pal's family.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Rfrip wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1400046899990863878?s=21

Interesting. Pods of 4 and no testing prior

Whats more amazing is the assumption that those people who like james vincent mcmorrow have up to 3 friends each who also like him!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,555 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Whats more amazing is the assumption that those people who like james vincent mcmorrow have up to 3 friends each who also like him!

Harsh, but fair.

I'll allow it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

McSorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,694 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Just watched 'The live revival' on Sky Arts, interviews with the people who run lots of British grassroots venues and lots of musicians, a few performances. Great idea. They should do an Irish one. Reminds you how important these places were and will be again. Build the excitement, meet the people that run these places, let the musicians tell us how vital the little gigs are and why we should be buying tickets again.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Jesus this country

Why? If we have over 80% of the population then there will be no reason for them to not allow gigs return

• Registered Users Posts: 5,891 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I love him!! But that made me lol!!!

Sean Keane doing a gig in the Town Hall on the 12th. Assuming all of these go well and the rollout continues on its course then Autumn and Winter gigs shouldn't be an issue.

Timing off for EP? Another 4-6 weeks and it's likely there'd be no issue. Yet no cancellation by ATN, surely not happening even with a much smaller capacity?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Just watched 'The live revival' on Sky Arts, interviews with the people who run lots of British grassroots venues and lots of musicians, a few performances. Great idea. They should do an Irish one. Reminds you how important these places were and will be again. Build the excitement, meet the people that run these places, let the musicians tell us how vital the little gigs are and why we should be buying tickets again.

Saw some of that and thought an Irish version would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

First pint in a pub in I don't know how long!........ progress!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Fatfrog wrote: »
    First pint in a pub in I don't know how long!........ progress!

You mean outside the pub? :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement

Off to Inis Mór tomorrow so creamy hotel pints for a couple of days, and some outdoor ones at Joe Watty's. I know this is way off topic but alongside live music the thing I've missed most is draught Guinness. One thread blessing is that I may be too ill to post for the remainder of the week.

I'll take anything at this stage :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

did a driveby of stradbally yesterday... i was pretty close to laying a wreath at gate 7 as we went by :(

did a driveby of stradbally yesterday... i was pretty close to laying a wreath at gate 7 as we went by :(

Did you have a can for old times sake!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I was down there last week and drove around the whole estate. All of the gates were closed.
    on the Sunday we did another drive around and went up to the windy-gap (top of a hill) and met somebody that told us the gates were just closed over, you can still go in..
    Hadn't realised that, and never made it in. :(
    I will be down in Vicarstown on the 19th of June, hoping to run across and go for a walkabout :)

That's funny, I took the kids to the Rock of Dunamase yesterday, we headed into Stradbally for a 99. Had a stroll up the Main Street.

Getting first Pfizer Friday.

4 weeks after that for 2nd jab (11.07.21).

3 or so weeks after that for full effect.

4 weeks to spare before E.P.!

#BringItOn #TeenageKicks #4dayBinge

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭nc6000

everlast75 wrote: »
    Getting first Pfizer Friday.

4 weeks after that for 2nd jab (11.07.21).

3 or so weeks after that for full effect.

4 weeks to spare before E.P.!

#BringItOn #TeenageKicks #4dayBinge

:D:D:D

I thought Pfizer was effective one week after the second dose? You might have even more weeks to spare.

nc6000 wrote: »
    I thought Pfizer was effective one week after the second dose? You might have even more weeks to spare.

Nice one! I like your thinking. I'll buy you a drink in the Salty Dog!

• Advertisement

Advertisement